• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
http://starbuckscheer.com/ 100 locations every day through Jan 2 (except Christmas) - locations change daily 
Starbucks Espresso Beverages 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:

rated:
thanks MrsGuin

rated:
i greened mrs. gin. but how do i find out the exact addresses of the locations? the map isnt clickable.

rated:
bestbuy1115 said:   i greened mrs. gin. but how do i find out the exact addresses of the locations? the map isnt clickable.
  There was a place to enter your zip code but it's not there now - I assume because the deal is not available tomorrow.

rated:
It does say,
"Offer available 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. local time in limited locations 12/23/16–1/2/17 (except 12/25).
One free tall handcrafted espresso beverage per customer."

rated:
So, there is no way to know the places before hand until 1:00PM?

rated:
airplanes said:   So, there is no way to know the places before hand until 1:00PM?
  The map is inactive today because they're closed on Christmas. Yesterday (12/24) there was a dropdown menu by state. I didn't explore farther because there were no cheer parties in my entire state, but I noticed there was a list of ALL the parties nationwide as well.

rated:
SBUX took out a one page ad in red in the WSJ on Friday describing the 'cheer' campaign - it runs through Jan 2, except for Xmas day (today).
100 stores throughout the country are randomly selected each day.
Hopefully a store that has been selected once will be removed from future drawings else the very small states will have a very low likelihood of being picked (e.g. zero stores selected in Rhode Island yesterday).

rated:
Only a 1-hour validity window for just 100 stores across the country. Very slim chance of finding a store within a half-hour away.

Once there and parked, half hour wait (if I'lucky) inside and/or outside queuing in a long line to hopefully get a "free" coffee beverage.

It's a cute campaign, but in reality the cost-benefit to participating isn't all that attractive to invest all that time and gas to "maybe" save a few bucks on an afternoon caffeinated sugar-bomb. They should try promoting it as an all-day thing at 100 stores, maybe only coffee or tea which can be served quickly.

Not knocking free stuff, but I'll opt for just paying and controlling the time and place and quality of the beverage.

rated:
December 27th list of locations, in zip code order: http://starbuckscheer.com/?d=27#  (click on "See a full list of today’s parties here." below the drop-down list).

rated:
dribble said:   Only a 1-hour validity window for just 100 stores across the country. Very slim chance of finding a store within a half-hour away.

Once there and parked, half hour wait (if I'lucky) inside and/or outside queuing in a long line to hopefully get a "free" coffee beverage.

It's a cute campaign, but in reality the cost-benefit to participating isn't all that attractive to invest all that time and gas to "maybe" save a few bucks on an afternoon caffeinated sugar-bomb. They should try promoting it as an all-day thing at 100 stores, maybe only coffee or tea which can be served quickly.

Not knocking free stuff, but I'll opt for just paying and controlling the time and place and quality of the beverage.

On the first day, the Starbucks across the Courtyard
from my work was picked.  No gas needed.  Was pretty hopping -- it's a fairly central spot, so it gets a lot of traffic as it is -- but still got my drink in about five minutes. I wouldn't depend upon it nor expect it, but it's a nice little bonus for those who are near a spot where it's happening.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017