• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Maximum Points: 500 Hilton Points
Expiration Date: Unknown
Requirement: Listen to hilton grand vacations Club Offer
Call up Hilton membership and inquire about the offer. 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:

rated:
Thank you.

rated:
oh my. that's like finding the equivalent to 0.35 cents under your sofa.

rated:
I see that this has a notice that it was "moved to Free Stuff" and has a placeholder in the list of Travel threads.

In my opinion, the Travel forum is the correct place to be the main repository for this kind of topic, not the Free Stuff forum (but obviously it could be mirrored in Free Stuff).

There are often threads that are mirrored "equally" across several forums at once, such as in Technology/Hot Deals/Computers, etc.

Or maybe this forum is stuck with the old system where the "moved to x" actually indicates the opposite direction of the thread replication.

The outcome for this thread is pretty similar in any case, but I hope that people aren't putting Travel deals for earning travel points/miles only in Free Stuff!

rated:
Anyone else's connection time out? This happened to me in Chrome and FF.

rated:
i clicked the link in op's post but i couldnt load the page in mozilla firefox. the page said "timed out." is the offer dead now?

also, what would i be able to redeem the 500 hilton points for?

rated:
bestbuy1115 said:   also, what would i be able to redeem the 500 hilton points for?
  1/80th of a hotel night.

rated:
BananaQ said:   oh my. that's like finding the equivalent to 0.35 cents under your sofa.

devyanks90 said:   
bestbuy1115 said:   also, what would i be able to redeem the 500 hilton points for?
1/80th of a hotel night.

Adding new points to many membership points plans will extend the expiration date of one's prior points tally and/or overall membership.  It is a great thing to be able to do, for FREE.

I don't know how the Hilton points scheme works these days - maybe there is no expiration on points now, I don't know. 

But in general it's a smart, convenient, worthwhile thing to pick up points freebies once in a while and add them to your travel membership accounts -- it can be worth much more than "0.35 cents".

Thanks to the OP for taking the time to post this on Fatwallet for the benefit of others.

rated:
Points expire after 12 months of inactivity. 

rated:
If this isn't dead, it could keep your Hilton Points from expiring.

rated:
wonder what kind of follow up calls and emails this will create

rated:
greatdeals_007 said:   wonder what kind of follow up calls and emails this will create
The only Hilton free or nearly-free points promo I did that ever spawned follow-up communications was one a number of years ago where they partnered with St. Jude's Children's Hospital to give out points for a very small donation -- I then heard from St. Jude's for YEARS thereafter, even though I'd only authorized the minimum involvement to get the points, and I promptly informed them that I was cancelling after that and didn't want to receive further communications, etc. 

rated:
Dead or the redirector is screwing up the link... Too much of a hassle...

rated:
rsuaver said:   Dead or the redirector is screwing up the link... Too much of a hassle...
  If you call their reservations line, at the end of the call you'll get the option for this offer. (as of Monday)

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017