Free Auvi-Q EpiPens starts Feb. 14

Archived From: Free Stuff
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

AffordAbility | AUVI-Q
Disclaimer
https://www.auvi-q.com/affordability/ 

Download form and take to physician

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Much thanks!~~CVS is only store that sells GENERIC CHILD BENEDRYL in SINGLE DOSE PACKS.
Easy to carry for allergy and asthma kids in emergency.
Every child that carries EpiPen also needs this.
30% off and free shipping WITH "30FREESHIP" code

CVS Children's Allergy Relief Single Dose Liquid Vial Cherry, 10CT
http://www.cvs.com/shop/health-medicine/allergy-asthma/allergy-a... 

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1552761 

The value of this wayyyyy exceeds the $10 value threshold for FS. It's also limited to those who are commercially insured, so it's a YMMV. Not available to anyone receiving state and/or federal health insurance or prescription coverage. There is a separate patient assistance program for uninsured not eligible for state or federal assistance, which many pharmaceutical companies offer, which you have to sign up for. Signup for that is further down on same page.

This sort of "free" deal is found for many medications. It's only free to very few people, and is really just a bait to get people on insurance to switch brands. It is NOT some sort of generous charitable move by a pharma company.

1) If you have don't have insurance, you have to pay full list price unless you have very low income (you can get assistance "starting at $100k", but I doubt you get more than a 10% off coupon at that level). So, for those people who are hit by the list price, and really need help, it does nothing for them. The only people who get it free are those who are too poor to buy it regardless, so the company loses  no sales by giving the product away to them.

2) If you have insurance, it MAY cover the out-of-pocket, but those people didn't really need help anyway. Secondly, in the fine print, it says "savingls limits apply". Basically, if your out-of-pocket cost is too high, the company won't fully cover them. SInce they won't even tell you what those limits are (the reimbursement cap may be as low as $10 or $20) this offer has very limited value to people trying to decide between brands. You would need to do more research.

canoeguy1 said:   This sort of "free" deal is found for many medications. It's only free to very few people, and is really just a bait to get people on insurance to switch brands. It is NOT some sort of generous charitable move by a pharma company.
 

  
In the case of this brand specifically, they seem pretty clear on zero OOP if you are commercially insured, even on catastrophic/high-deductible plans.  The program for people making <$100,000 and uninsured (I don't see "starting at" and I don't see any kind of sliding coupon system, just the free program) looks to be that they contact your prescribing doctor and then ship the drug straight to you.  Most other drug companies' programs I've dealt with do work the way you described, though; full agreement.

CrashCart9 said:   
canoeguy1 said:   This sort of "free" deal is found for many medications. It's only free to very few people, and is really just a bait to get people on insurance to switch brands. It is NOT some sort of generous charitable move by a pharma company.
  
In the case of this brand specifically, they seem pretty clear on zero OOP if you are commercially insured, even on catastrophic/high-deductible plans.  The program for people making <$100,000 and uninsured (I don't see "starting at" and I don't see any kind of sliding coupon system, just the free program) looks to be that they contact your prescribing doctor and then ship the drug straight to you.  Most other drug companies' programs I've dealt with do work the way you described, though; full agreement.

  They ARE pretty clear - in the big print that they'll hope you read. 
Now read the fine print in the Terms and Conditions. "Savings Limits Apply"

In terms of the uninsured program for those making <100K, they're very careful to say "Support for patients". There's nothing at all about "free". Of course, they'll hope you interpret it that way.

If they'd price it where it should be in the first place they wouldn't have to try stunts like this to garner public favor.

noapathy said:   If they'd price it where it should be in the first place they wouldn't have to try stunts like this to garner public favor.
  This isn't about garnering public favor. It's about paying people's copays, and thereby pulling in customers that use the competitor's product.
They just increase the list price to make up for it, and the uninsured take the hit.

The real problem is that unrestrained capitalism ad life-saving drugs just don't work together. What is the price "where it should be"? If it saves your life, they can charge anything they want, and take everything you own, and you'd still pay. The only thing restraining epipens from costing $20K is political pressure.

canoeguy1 said:   
noapathy said:   If they'd price it where it should be in the first place they wouldn't have to try stunts like this to garner public favor.
  This isn't about garnering public favor. It's about paying people's copays, and thereby pulling in customers that use the competitor's product.
They just increase the list price to make up for it, and the uninsured take the hit.

The real problem is that unrestrained capitalism ad life-saving drugs just don't work together. What is the price "where it should be"? If it saves your life, they can charge anything they want, and take everything you own, and you'd still pay. The only thing restraining epipens from costing $20K is political pressure.

  There is some competition that is also preventing the $20k cost.  CVS sells a two-pack of Adrenaclick for $110 cash (no insurance needed).



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017