• filter:

FREE DNA Test Kit!

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
https://genesforgood.sph.umich.edu/ 

When you join the study you can provide a sample of saliva, and we'll tell you about your genetic ancestry—just for filling out a few health surveys (2nd banner)

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
How do I become eligible for a spit kit?You will qualify for a spit kit by completing 15 Health History Surveys and 20 of the Health Tracking Surveys

rated:
warning - signup is via FB app.

Genes For Good will receive:
your public profile and email address

You can opt out from sharing email address it seems...

rated:
Wait... They mention they will only have 5000 kits. However... Is this already dead?

As of November, 2016:

• Over 21,000 participants
• Over 800,000 completed surveys
• Over 6.3 million individual survey responses
• Over 5,700 genotypes analyzed

rated:
rsuaver said:   Wait... They mention they will only have 5000 kits. However... Is this already dead?

As of November, 2016:

• Over 21,000 participants
• Over 800,000 completed surveys
• Over 6.3 million individual survey responses
• Over 5,700 genotypes analyzed

Anyone have an update to this?  I'm interested as well.  

rated:
I did this a few months back... they're still sending regular updates and the surveys have been updating, so I'm pretty sure it's still going strong.

rated:
ErinFudge said:   I did this a few months back... they're still sending regular updates and the surveys have been updating, so I'm pretty sure it's still going strong.

Question is, are they still sending out the DNA test kit or not?

rated:
rsuaver said:   
ErinFudge said:   I did this a few months back... they're still sending regular updates and the surveys have been updating, so I'm pretty sure it's still going strong.

Question is, are they still sending out the DNA test kit or not?

Just got mine in the mail about 10 days ago, so they ARE still accepting signups and sending out the kits.  They've probably just been hammered. 

Email from May 8:
"Thanks so much for being part of Genes for Good and for going through the eligibility requirements. We wanted to update you about the status of your spit kit's shipment. During the past two weeks we've been busier than ever and have enrolled over 13,000 new participants, and unfortunately this recent influx means that your shipment will be slightly delayed. We have ordered more spit kits, and they are expected to arrive within the next few weeks. Meanwhile, we'll start preparing the rest of your package so that when the kits arrive, we'll have minimized the delay as much as possible. In the meantime, please take this chance to double check your address and make sure it's correct and deliverable. Sometimes packages will be returned to us if your Genes for Good name is different from your real name; this happens most often in smaller communities. If you entered your address on a mobile device, please check that it did not get accidentally changed by autocorrect. An incorrect or incomplete address will delay your kit and consequently your sample's processing!We'll send another email once your kit leaves our office in a few weeks so that you know it's on the way. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you so much for your patience!"

Then on May 22, (2 weeks later) I received an email that it had been shipped out.  And here it sits... by my computer..... waiting for me to finally decide if I need anything (or any one) else tracking my life right now though.  Lol  

@ ErinFudge:
How interesting were the results they sent back to you?

rated:
Just got the email that my kit is shipping.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017