• filter:

Free Sim Cards for STUDENTS - average phone bill $15/mo.

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
USMobile.com (T-Mobile MVNO) has a great deal for students. If they order a sim card from their student email, they get it for free (instead of paying $3.99). 

According to their website, the average customer is paying $15 per month for talk, text, and data. They also have a really good deal on 10 GB of data for $30.

I pay $17 for 300 sms, 100 min and 500 mb data and that's enough for me because I'm on wifi a lot. I don't know if anyone has a better deal for students??

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I've a better deal YOUR PLAN is $18 for $5Talk300min/ $2 Text100/ $9 Data500MB/ $2 Servicefee=$18
My plan Unlimited Text/ Unlimited Talk/ 1Gb Data/ No service fee. $20 now which plan is better? $20
https://republicwireless.com
that's who I use and am happy because I usually use wireless for data. Phone calls and text never think about.You can be on hold all day and don't have to think about it.

rated:
petmo said:   USMobile.com (T-Mobile MVNO) has a great deal for students. If they order a sim card from their student email, they get it for free (instead of paying $3.99). 

According to their website, the average customer is paying $15 per month for talk, text, and data. They also have a really good deal on 10 GB of data for $30.

I pay $17 for 300 sms, 100 min and 500 mb data and that's enough for me because I'm on wifi a lot. I don't know if anyone has a better deal for students??

Is there any taxes?  Many MVNOs now charging taxes.

rated:
If you want the cheapest with the most amount of data, this one is hard to beat: https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1550186

rated:
Based on a survey of the landscape, I concluded that $20/line with 5 lines  @ $100 incl taxes on Cricket was the best we can do.  This is not exclusive to students, and requires 5 lines to get the requisite benefits, but may be reasonable to share between friends & family.

This gives unlimited text and calls, 4GB of 4g/LTE data, and unlimited slow data, so if you use a fair (but not excessive) amount of data Cricket may be the way to go.  Requires unlocked (or ATT/Cricket) GSM phones. 

rated:
updated

rated:
they call them fees and " service charges no,,but they will say there are no " Taxes"

rated:
cell plans are legalized theft..you PAY for lets say 4 gb,,data plan ,,you use 2 gb,,,your out 2 gb...how is that fair..take Crikit for instance,,you have their 4 gb data,,unl talk and txt...you use 1 gb data,,you lose your 3 gb and on top of that you cant even  use your data as you see fit..you pay extra each month for the "privilege" to use the data you have already paid for as a wi-fi hotspot.....,,,how sweet a deal is that !!!

rated:
Personally, I prefer TPOmobile. They dont charge for the SIM, and their packages much cheaper than USmobile

rated:
Check your area for service. I have had problems in the past with different providers that didn't work in my area.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017