• filter:

Kaspersky Antivirus Free

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Some fantastic, earth-shattering-saving news: Kasperky announcing the global launch of Kaspersky Free, which, as you may have guessed by the title, is completely free-of-charge! Oh my giveaway!

Kaspersky Free: https://usa.kaspersky.com/

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
This is a Russian-owned firm that is suspected of being tied to cyber terrorism. When asked if they would trust their own systems to this software, our administration's top intelligence professionals say "no". http://www.healthcareitnews.com/news/kaspersky-controversy-us-in...

rated:
Sort of like having a burglar come to your home and offering to install new locks on your doors for free.

rated:
I'm not sure what the Russian paranoia is about on a general PC.  The warning went out to government agencies and affliliates.  At the end of the day, Kaspersky has been a long running highly rated anti-virus company.  2/3 years ago we would not be having this discussion. 

I'm testing it as I type this. 

I will report back if:
My computer is taken over and used in a cyber strike against the US
My financial accts are drained
Russian propaganda pops up
Shirtless Putin becomes my desktop image. 

How many back doors do you think is in your software, your O/S, your phone.....

rated:
Kaspersky has been one of the best A/V programs for years, if your dislike them because the technical idiots that work in our gov tell you so then your problems extend beyond this forum.

Need I remind you if you try and look home for your software needs, we all ready have the nsa.

rated:
I found no link to download free version. I choose PC and nothing else and had a option for 29.99 and up

rated:
jimates said:   I found no link to download free version. I choose PC and nothing else and had a option for 29.99 and up
If you click on the link at the top (which in a spammy way does not go where the text of the link says), you will get to a page that includes "Download link".  The word "link" is linked to Kaspersky's website ( https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/thank-you/free-antivirus-download ). which will take you to the Download page where you click "DOWNLOAD NOW" and voila!

rated:
Glad you posted this....

rated:
There are so many free excellent anti virus software products out there-why take the chance. Unless of course you trust the Russians.

rated:
I have Kaspersky, no problem. Bought computer at Best Buy and through the Geek Squad you get 6 months free. Definitely will renew when the time comes.

rated:
preynolds2 said:   I have Kaspersky, no problem. Bought computer at Best Buy and through the Geek Squad you get 6 months free. Definitely will renew when the time comes.
  I hope you also bought the extended warranty and paid for the geek squad optimization. 

rated:
Connman said:   
jimates said:   I found no link to download free version. I choose PC and nothing else and had a option for 29.99 and up
If you click on the link at the top (which in a spammy way does not go where the text of the link says), you will get to a page that includes "Download link".  The word "link" is linked to Kaspersky's website ( https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/thank-you/free-antivirus-download ). which will take you to the Download page where you click "DOWNLOAD NOW" and voila!

I clicked the word LINK and it takes me to a page with business on the left and home on the right (usa.kapersky.com which is the same page for your link)  and the options to "find the right product". No download now.

rated:
jeffmd said:   Kaspersky has been one of the best A/V programs for years, if your dislike them because the technical idiots that work in our gov tell you so then your problems extend beyond this forum.

Need I remind you if you try and look home for your software needs, we all ready have the nsa.

Given the choice, I will take the NSA over the FSB.

rated:
don't sell you info to russian spy!

rated:
Let's make sure we keep the discussion on the freebie itself and it's trustworthiness, instead of veering into politics.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017