• Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

What, me worry? (104.20kB)
Thanks Buckmann
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
FIRST TIME this magazine has ever been offered as a FREEBIE by DC / Warner Bros. (not even offered even as a premium in most companies offers).

THANKS!

rated:
I vowed to not sign up for any more of these free magazine offers since I get this huge pile of free magazines I don't want every week, but this one is way too good to pass up, thanks!

rated:
awesome, thanks OP!!

rated:
Had to get this - THANKS TUSKERS!!

rated:
Great find! Thank you!!

rated:
Perfect bathroom literature. Looking forward to Spy v Spy & the fold-ins.

rated:
What, me worry?

rated:
I didn't even know this was still published...I'm in!!

rated:
What me worry?

rated:
They also offer other magazines with paid year subscriptions for $2.

List is:
Reader's Digest10 Issues | $2.00

TIME52 Issues | $2.00

Real Simple12 Issues | $2.00

Southern Living13 Issues | $2.00

Cooking Light12 Issues | $2.00

Entertainment Weekly50 Issues | $2.00

Martha Stewart Living10 Issues | $2.00

Taste of Home6 Issues | $2.00

Rolling Stone26 Issues | $2.00

Kiplinger's Personal Finance Magazine12 Issues | $2.00

Men's Health10 Issues | $2.00

Good Housekeeping12 Issues | $2.00

Cosmopolitan12 Issues | $2.00

Women's Health10 Issues | $2.00

Money12 Issues | $2.00

Sports Illustrated50 Issues | $2.00

Yoga Journal9 Issues | $2.00

Entrepreneur10 Issues | $2.00

Travel + Leisure12 Issues | $2.00

Men's Journal12 Issues | $2.00

This Old House8 Issues | $2.00

Food & Wine12 Issues | $2.00

New York Magazine26 Issues | $2.00

Motor Trend12 Issues | $2.00

Redbook10 Issues | $2.00

Outdoor Photographer11 Issues | $2.00

Car and Driver12 Issues | $2.00

Variety Basic48 Issues | $2.00

Backpacker9 Issues | $2.00

Coastal Living10 Issues | $2.00

InStyle12 Issues | $2.00

Better Homes and Gardens12 Issues | $2.00

Health10 Issues | $2.00

Sunset12 Issues | $2.00

Rachael Ray Every Day10 Issues | $2.00

Fortune20 Issues | $2.00

Esquire10 Issues | $2.00

ESSENCE12 Issues | $2.00

PeopleStyle6 Issues | $2.00

Bon Appetit11 Issues | $2.00

Sports Illustrated KIDS12 Issues | $2.00

Wine Spectator15 Issues | $2.00

Popular Mechanics10 Issues | $2.00

Shape10 Issues | $2.00

Autoweek24 Issues | $2.00

Parents12 Issues | $2.00

Afar6 Issues | $2.00

Marie Claire12 Issues | $2.00

Golf Magazine12 Issues | $2.00

People en Espanol11 Issues | $2.00

Cigar Aficionado6 Issues | $2.00

Bicycling10 Issues | $2.00

rated:
Amazing to see Mad become available.

Be careful with the $2 subscriptions offer. There's auto-renewal involved.

rated:
great thanks for the information! very helpful.

Thanks,
Jason Phillips
jason@spgbanking.com

rated:
they do ask for biz name and phone # to verify. Don't know if they do or don't. Anyone receive the email about their subscription to Mad?

rated:
"they do ask for biz name and phone # to verify. Don't know if they do or don't. Anyone receive the email about their subscription to Mad?"

OK, this is from FREEBIZMAG a brand from Synapse Connect, a marketing division of Time Magazines, Inc., so this is NOT a "fly-by-night", but part of a very established company.

The usual MO (I've dealt with several of their brands for several years already) is that they ask if you want any of their "business publications" (all business-oriented e-zines or small magazines), which is why they ask for particulars of your work. Most of us doesn't care about their other stuff, so we go straight for their offered general magazine freebie, for which you fill out an address (could be at work, your home or a mailbox) where to send the magazines.

That's it for your part. Then Synapse sends the info, including email address (h-@-n-d-y to handle any complaint with the magazine, particularly unshipped copies) to the magazine publisher (whether Time or one of their competitors), with whom you deal from now on, except for publisher's cancelling ahead of fulfillment end, like it happened with Televisa and some of their Spanish-language magazines. If you get another freebie offer before the deal's end you just give Synapse the same email and mailing address and most publishers will add the extra period to your existing sub.

Synapse usually never asks for banking card info, but they have their $2 offers that gives them an account for them to charge you if somehow it comes into auto renewal (at higher than deep-discount prices). If you don't want to give them an account to potentially charge (and the shenanigans of this) REJECT ALL PAID OFFERS and STICK WITH THE FREEBIES. Once you keep this in mind your experience with Synapse will be pretty much PAINLESS (you just deal with the publisher on undelivered copies).

PS: FW has a store linked to the h-@-n-d-y name... (same one with the "eich" too...)

rated:
Expired/Out of Stock

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017