• filter:
  • 1179180181182 183
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
The automated system sounds great. Would it send out the expiration date along with the code?

About the batches changing, I thought they come on some kind of schedule. If not, I understand the need for the Target date.

Do you have any idea of how we sign up to send you payment. Do we email you and tell you which plan we want, you send us the email/account where to direct payment, and we pay?
When will you be starting to take orders/memberships?

rated:
Q: The automated system sounds great. Would it send out the expiration date along with the code?
A: Yes. This has been covered before and posted somewhere in the thread sometime after March 1. You would literally click a button on a web site and immediately get a code with the exp date.  
Since the new site will not go live for awhile, this will continue to be a manual process using Target dates and slower turnaround times.  Please read the FAQ for details on how to use Target dates properly and turnaround times.

Q: About the batches changing, I thought they come on some kind of schedule. If not, I understand the need for the Target date.
A: We have over 300 active members, and a new batch is ordered when we run out of codes... there is no way to predict how often that will happen, because it's based on the demand of 300 people, which changes a lot each month.  So bottom line, yes Target date is the ONLY way this will work.  We have beat this horse to death many times and received lot's of good ideas from 50+ users over the last 9 months.  By using a Target date, you don't ever need to worry about when the code will expire.  Sure there are edge case scenarios where you change your mind, but even in those cases, 90% of the time you will have leeway to use it on another day.  I have been doing this over 1 year now and distributed over 4,000 codes... I have a LOT of data that supports this process.  

Q: Do you have any idea of how we sign up to send you payment. Do we email you and tell you which plan we want, you send us the email/account where to direct payment, and we pay?  When will you be starting to take orders/memberships?
A:  Since there are no more "free" free codes, we have already started (as of July 1) the new 3-tier system (manual for now, without the new site).  We have people on all 3 levels, so it's up to you. If you want a paid level, PM me for payment details. You must have a Paypal or Google Wallet account.

rated:
Hello everybody. This thread has really gone COLD. 2 days without a new post.

Hi. I know this will trigger a lot of notifications - nevertheless - just want to do it.

rated:
GuyFromNJ said:   Hello everybody. This thread has really gone COLD. 2 days without a new post.

Hi. I know this will trigger a lot of notifications - nevertheless - just want to do it.

I think the decrease in activity is due to:

1) No more "free" free codes.  The RB changes on March 1 and depletion of goodwill/sponsor codes forced us to go to the new model on July 1
2) A huge decrease in the non-free codes being sent by RB (ex. 1.25 off, $1 off, etc.). I know at least 50% of posts in this thread used to be the ROGOs and 75 cents off codes... have not seen any in the last few weeks now

Of course there has always been a LOT more activity going on behind the scenes via PM to me (and from me) to date, and that continues to be the case until we get the new site live anyway.  Email alerts will replace PM as well once the new site goes live.

So other than people wanting info on how the new model works or how to make payments, I am not sure what else there is to discuss.  I do appreciate feedback on the new model, as that is used to directly shape the system. I have a fairly detailed comparison chart that I have been working on for a few weeks now, and should be ready for publishing/sharing very soon.  I expect more questions/feedback after that of course.

rated:
Ok folks, we are 15 days into our new system, and we have a surplus (yeah, I know... first time this year, but we are in uncharted territory here, so we will get better with time).

For free/basic members, we have some 1.25 off codes available, expire Sunday 7/17

For all Sponsors and Premium members ($1+ per month club) we have a dozen codes available that expire on Monday 7/18.
If we still have surplus after 6PM EST Saturday (tomorrow) I will release all surplus to paid members first... first come, first serve (this will NOT count against your paid credits!)
If there are still free codes left over, we will disperse to basic members.

rated:
Mulox said:   Ok folks, we are 15 days into our new system, and we have a surplus (yeah, I know... first time this year, but we are in uncharted territory here, so we will get better with time).

For free/basic members, we have some 1.25 off codes available, expire Sunday 7/17

For all Sponsors and Premium members ($1+ per month club) we have a dozen codes available that expire on Monday 7/18.
If we still have surplus after 6PM EST Saturday (tomorrow) I will release all surplus to paid members first... first come, first serve (this will NOT count against your paid credits!)
If there are still free codes left over, we will disperse to basic members.

Ok we still have a lot of free codes left, so I am opening it up for all now... these expire Monday 7/18.
Keep in mind that ANYONE can request a code.
Whether your request will be filled or not depends on status/level, your request/donate history, etc.
Sponsors/Premium club members always get top priority, followed by ranks/level for Basic (free) members (ex. Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze)

rated:
I am new to the thread and would like to register

rated:
I'm new to this thread and wish to register

rated:
Ok folks.... as of this post, all free and 1.25 codes are gone.

Keep in mind that the old rules (ex. Platinum = 5 free codes per week) are no longer relevant as of July 1... it's all based on supply/demand at this point
However, if you are a free/basic member your rank still does come into play in terms of the virtual line.. meaning you will have seniority over lower ranked members and jump ahead of the "virtual line" in the queue before a mass distribution is made.  For example...

Announcement for surplus is made at 12 noon
20 requests for free codes are made, all ranks/levels between 12 noon and 6PM - the virtual line/queue is set up
At 6PM, I start with all Paid members first, then move on to the Basic/free members:  Platinum level, then Gold, Silver, Bronze until no codes remain
It could happen that no codes are left by the time I hit Gold level requests, meaning all Silver and Bronze requests do not get filled

We may get more 1.25 codes (exp today) trickle in later this afternoon... I will post here ASAP if that is the case

Many of you have been asking for a more detailed write-up/FAQ on the new Premium Club ($1/month for 6+ codes per month)
I have a very detailed write-up I have been working on for a few weeks, comparing the different plans/rules/costs, etc. and it should be ready to publish very soon
This will put all relevant info in one place and answer 99% of everyone's questions... appreciate your patience in the meantime
We currently have about a dozen folks in what I am calling the "beta trial" and so far it's working very well!

rated:
It seems some clarification is in order regarding Premium members.
Since this is a FUN non-profit movie club, we should not use the word "payment" but rather "donation"
Current donation options are $1, $3, $6, $12 for Premium - Each amount corresponds with an equal # of months for credits
If you want to be a sponsor, you can donate any amount you wish of course.
Your donations are then converted to "credits"... NOT movie codes!
Those credits can then be exchanged for free movie codes - all requests must still be made 24 hours in advance and include a Target usage date
All credits expire 30 days from date of donation

rated:
Fresh one day ROGO came by SMS text today. Check yours.

rated:
The only Redbox text I've received today was a free DVD rental with a Big Gulp purchase at 7-Eleven (thru 8/31)...

rated:
ROGO exp today TZ8FS2S5

rated:
ROGO exp today 9R6M2XKQ

rated:
Free DVD multi-use today only online
ks7b62e9

rated:
rodanl said:   Free DVD multi-use today only online
ks7b62e9

Just confirmed, it works, 5 per old account with old CC, or 3 with new CC.

rated:
There was a post on Redbox's FB page yesterday calling for a boycott of Redbox if they didn't start releasing free codes. It might be a coincidence or that posting may have motivated the code. Who knows?

rated:
ks7b62e9

Perfect, been waiting a LONG time for a multi-use!  Had 5 B-movies on my wishlist that were not worthy of wasting a paid code for...

rated:
Free movie anyone? you can get a Free 1 Day DVD Rental or $1.50 Off Game/Bluray Rental at Redbox with Promo code: KS7B62E9

rated:
Last called for those who still want to rent, still working here in the West cost.
Just tested the code and I guess it will be good until 11:59pm Pacific Time.

rated:
Hey all.

My cable is out due to a power surge and I have no TV or internet. My only way of entertainment is Red Box. I already asked help from Mulox but it is Saturday and he might not see the message. I hope I am not doing something against the rules but if anybody has any free codes, can I borrow 2 or 3 until Mulox provides my codes?

Thanks

rated:
Newyorker1905 said:   Hey all.

My cable is out due to a power surge and I have no TV or internet. My only way of entertainment is Red Box. I already asked help from Mulox but it is Saturday and he might not see the message. I hope I am not doing something against the rules but if anybody has any free codes, can I borrow 2 or 3 until Mulox provides my codes?

Thanks

I got you buddy... check your PM in about 5 minutes!

rated:
Mulox said:   Newyorker1905 said:   Hey all.

Thanks

I got you buddy... check your PM in about 5 minutes!
Thanks Mulox

You are a life saver

rated:
Hey Newyorker....when I couldnt get cable, I went to the library and checked out movies...and my son got a library card....we checked out 12 at a time...hope this helps~

rated:
sharnewberger said:   Hey Newyorker....when I couldnt get cable, I went to the library and checked out movies...and my son got a library card....we checked out 12 at a time...hope this helps~
  Thanks my friend. Unfortunately the library was closed and it was going to be closed until Sunday 2 AM as well. I just wanted to get by for Saturday night and Sunday until 2 PM. I use library regularly to check out shows etc. But I still appreciate the input.

rated:
I am new to this thread and would like to register!

rated:
CNBC Squawkbox show just aired before 9:00 AM (EDT)  an announcement that Redbox is being taken private (sold).
Yahoo News:
Redbox parent Outerwall has been sold to funds associated with Apollo Global Management for $52.00 a-share, or around $1.6 billion, including debt.The move follows Outerwall, the DVD kiosk rental company, in March hiring Morgan Stanley as its financial adviser to explore a sale or other initiatives after movie rentals fell short of expectations as consumers increasingly opt for Blu-ray rentals. Shares in Outerwall jumped Monday morning by $5.24, or 11 percent, to $52.15 on news of the deal.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/redbox-parent-company-sold-private-equity-firm-1-133405933.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&ref=gs 

rated:
JW10 said:   CNBC Squawkbox show just aired before 9:00 AM (EDT)  an announcement that Redbox is being taken private (sold).
Yahoo News:
Redbox parent Outerwall has been sold to funds associated with Apollo Global Management for $52.00 a-share, or around $1.6 billion, including debt.The move follows Outerwall, the DVD kiosk rental company, in March hiring Morgan Stanley as its financial adviser to explore a sale or other initiatives after movie rentals fell short of expectations as consumers increasingly opt for Blu-ray rentals. Shares in Outerwall jumped Monday morning by $5.24, or 11 percent, to $52.15 on news of the deal.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/redbox-parent-company-sold-private-equity-firm-1-133405933.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&ref=gs

Probably a good move for them financially... will be interesting to see how their marketing/promotions change once under new management.  From what I know about holding companies, they are only interested in short term profits at any costs, which means it will not fare well for us and free/discount codes in the long term.  Of course I hope I am wrong...

rated:
Mulox said:   
ks7b62e9

Perfect, been waiting a LONG time for a multi-use!  Had 5 B-movies on my wishlist that were not worthy of wasting a paid code for...

5 B movies would prove a lot to watch in a max 48 hours period.

rated:
GuyFromNJ said:   
Mulox said:   
ks7b62e9

5 B movies would prove a lot to watch in a max 48 hours period.

Well it was a bust... 4 of them were very painful and I couldn't even finish. The last one was bearable/ok...

rated:
Not working 

rated:
shia said:   Not working 
Because it expired on 7/21, c'mon Shia try to keep up, LOL!  

rated:
LoL!!!  

rated:
While supplies last, Big Gulp drink cups at 7-Eleven have a peel-off sticker for a Redbox code.

The back of the peel-off sticker says:

Enter promo code at any Redbox location for a FREE 1-day DVD rental or a discount off of a Blu-ray or Video Game.
Expires 10/31/16 11:59 p.m. 1 code/transaction. 1 time use. Payment card required.

rated:
Does anyone have a code they are not going to use?
TIA

rated:
MsMay said:   Does anyone have a code they are not going to use?
TIA

If you haven't signed up with Mulox yet you should, you'll have a better chance of getting codes just by messaging him. Also read the FAQ it explains how it works if you haven't yet.

rated:
I'm new to this thread and would like to register

rated:
MsMay said:   Does anyone have a code they are not going to use?
TIA

I also need to sign off my laptop, when I'm not home, so my dd won't get on FW and ask for redbox codes. 
(she now has her own account)

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1179180181182 183
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016