• filter:
  • 1183184185186 187
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
This should really be the "primary" election to choose the top 2 out of the top 5, then there should be a separate election between the top 2.

rated:
Mulox said:   
Vishaljainium said:   voted- Mulox at 49% (now)
  Thanks for the vote!  Looks like Mr. C is closing the gap a lot... 46% for me and he is now up to 44%.  It was 58% to 30% at one point, tight race indeed!

It may look tight, but I wouldn't get my hopes high just yet.
Your exposure is limited. His is not.
While he does do some good work here on FW, as an overall package he is not the torch-bearer here. Frequently snarky, juvenile, and egotistic. Never humble.
I'd rather vote for Trump than for him. (And I am never ever going to vote for Trump).
There. I have said it out in the open!

Rule changes I would like to see:
- No running totals displayed so that the one coming in second does not pull all the stops
- No "new" member allowed to vote, specially if she joins FW with the express purpose of voting a candidate up
- No "multiple" account holders allowed to vote more than once

To paraphrase Trump "now that we know those rule changes are not in effect, what are we going to do about it?"
And "what is good for the goose, is good for the gander"
And "everything is fair in politics"

rated:
OpenUpYourEyes said:   This should really be the "primary" election to choose the top 2 out of the top 5, then there should be a separate election between the top 2.
It doesn't matter. It will always (always!) be MC and someone (anyone) else, ending with the Mercy Rule being applied.
First of all, there is name recognition and vast exposure.
Next, nothing succeeds like success, substance be damned (example: Trump!)
And most importantly, there are too many here that tolerate (or even welcome) condescending and spiteful attitude just because it saves them a buck (or a quarter).
There is just not enough anti-Hillary vote out there.

Well, not just yet. Perhaps there are new members out there, or multiple account holders...

rated:
I am going to call it.
Mulox is it!
A big victory for a guy who works tirelessly for the benefit of us all (while he rakes in the $$)

rated:
Mulox received more $1.25 off codes expiring today. PM me if you would like one.

We need to start a "Go Fund Me" campaign for Mulox. "Thanks" seems lame...

rated:
3UT2UW6C $1.00 off exp 9/25

rated:
russ9 said:   3UT2UW6C $1.00 off exp 9/25
  FYI, these codes should be going to Hope2k, along with ROGO codes.
I know this one expires today, but the rule of thumb is if it's before 9pm EST same day, you can still donate via PM.  If after 9pm, donate/post openly out here, thanks!

rated:
I have $1 off code for use by tonight 9/25. PM me me if you want the code...
If claimed, I will update this posting

rated:
For those folks buying codes off of eBay and then donating your extras here, we appear to be having some issues with a lot of those not working (getting the error "already used").
What's really odd is that I am actually testing SOME of theses codes that get donated, and they test out ok, but when the recipient tries, they get the error already used.

My theories on POTENTIAL root causes...

1. It's a bug/defect of the RB system where when a code is applied in a test checkout (as I did) and not used, but the attempted to be used by someone else, it errors out
OR
2. It's a new design change to RB.com in an attempt to prevent code sharing... by voiding out codes that are "applied" at checkout by 2 different users

The problem is that there is no CONSISTENT pattern developing here.  Some work, others don't.  The only other potential root cause here is the source.  It seems these new eBay sellers that suddenly popped up out of nowhere are the source of all the problem codes. It could be that the way they generate codes is very different from our current supplier, and that is why we are seeing so many issues.  I will have to continue my research though, because it doesn't make sense why most of the codes from eBay are working fine, and only about 30% are failing.  

At any rate, please make sure you test all of your codes out before donating them to me, especially if the are coming from eBay, thanks!

rated:
50 cents off
Use this code:
DT7NX75F
by 09/25/2016 at 11:59 p.m.

rated:
MULOX 61%

rated:
Anyone want $1.25 or $1 or $1 off 2 codes? Let me know.

rated:
I bought some codes from eBay. A few were listed twice. Didn't notice it until I tried to use the duplicate a second time. The first time I entered the code, it did work. Possibly this is what's happening to some of the donated codes? If you copy the codes you receive, paste in Excel, then sort, you can easily see if there are duplicates.

rated:
To those of you participating in the MotY voting-

Some votes have been removed due to ballot stuffing, which isn't allowed. As we continue to clean up the ballot stuffing, make sure you get your legitimate vote in before voting closes at noon (CST) today.

rated:
Mulox only at 27% now...

rated:
MVP9596 said:   To those of you participating in the MotY voting-

Some votes have been removed due to ballot stuffing, which isn't allowed. As we continue to clean up the ballot stuffing, make sure you get your legitimate vote in before voting closes at noon (CST) today.

Hi

Please don't take this the wrong way. I am just trying to understand what happened. How did you determine the votes that weren't up to standard? Mulox we know will never do this and considering there are 300 members of the movie club Mulox is running here on fatwallet, he could have gotten well more than what he got if he wanted to rig the voting

rated:

What, you afraid of losing MC and rigging the outcome yourselves by removing the votes?

rated:
How do you determine which votes are not legitimate?

rated:
Newyorker1905 said:   

Hi

Please don't take this the wrong way. I am just trying to understand what happened. How did you determine the votes that weren't up to standard? Mulox we know will never do this and considering there are 300 members of the movie club Mulox is running here on fatwallet, he could have gotten well more than what he got if he wanted to rig the voting

I am not upset about the loss, I am sure MC is a great contributor to the FW community, but I am curious to know how "stuffing" was determined.  I know we have over 300 registered members, and I think there were only 400 votes counted.  I am sure not all our registered members voted, but it's possible many did... no way to really tell though, it's all a black box.

Actually did not want the jacket, but a really cool "I was nominated for MOTY award" badge would REALLY make my day/week!!  

rated:

While I voted for Mulox, I am glad MC won.  That said, I have so many questions about this.  Can you explain it more?

rated:

It would have been simpler to just unilaterally award the trophy without taking us for a ride. Nobody would have questioned it, and we would all have moved on.
Once it was opened to voting, it should have been honest and fair.

That DID NOT HAPPEN!

I openly accuse staff of collusion, and demand a satisfactory explanation and transparency.
If it is not forthcoming within the next 24 hours, I will resign from FW, never to return again.
In the larger scheme of the universe, this may be a very small gesture, but I do not wish to remain a part of a forum where honesty and ethics take a back seat.

rated:
My guess (just a guess) is that maybe MVP9596 is not coming back to actively check for responses. We'll probably have to send PM (which I've done), so hopefully they come back to give us an update.

rated:
Discussion is on in the other thread.

rated:
Please see my response here.

rated:
Just to give people peace of mind so they don't have to jump through hoops:
The mods have given a satisfactory response.  The Ballot Stuffing was multiple votes from a single IP, in some cases hundreds of votes from a single IP.

All further discussion on the matter should probably be where MVP pointed to here

Now we can move on and get back to REDBOX!

rated:
MVP9596 said:   Please see my response https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/fatwallet/1529871?showmessage=19645330#m19645330.
  Thanks MVP. Very satisfactory. Case closed on my end. 

rated:
Would be interesting to see where that IP address is from...

rated:
lightning80 said:   Would be interesting to see where that IP address is from...

It looks like Irvine, California on AT&T.  Older Irvine didn't allow AT&T to upgrade to broadband.  It is most likely the new part of town that supports real U-verse or gigabit.  80% of the houses sold in that area are to foreign cash buyers from China.  Let's blame China.

rated:
riznick said:   Just to give people peace of mind so they don't have to jump through hoops:
The mods have given a satisfactory response.  The Ballot Stuffing was multiple votes from a single IP, in some cases hundreds of votes from a single IP.

All further discussion on the matter should probably be where MVP pointed to here

Now we can move on and get back to REDBOX!

YES! Can we please move on and get back to REDBOX only!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1183184185186 187
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016