Folks keep in mind that if you are a registered member (ie you followed 2 steps in the FAQ), you are already enrolled in the Basic/Free membership by default. What changed on July 1 is that we ran out of codes that were donated (ie Goodwill/Sponsors)... in fact everything has pretty much dried up. Redbox stopped sending codes out via email, and even the 1.25 codes they send are now very few and far between. At this point, as a Basic/Free member, your chances of getting any codes are lower than ever before, at least in the near future (but not impossible) If you want more info on the Premium membership, please send me a PM. It's important to note that Premium does require donations to work.
As a general question ... not me in particular. Those who have registered and donated many more codes than redeem, does that have any future value? Is there value to donating codes vs $$$ in the future?
JW10 said: As a general question ... not me in particular. Those who have registered and donated many more codes than redeem, does that have any future value? Is there value to donating codes vs $$$ in the future? Good questions, which are covered in the brand new FAQ in greater detail. Here is are the short answers:
Q1. Those who have registered and donated many more codes than redeem, does that have any future value? YES!!. Making code donations did allow folks to get upgraded in rank (ex. Gold, Platinum). If you donated more than redeemed, you accelerated that upgrade process
Prior to July 1, each rank was eligible for a certain amount of free codes per week, for example: Diamond - 5 Platinum - 4 Gold - 3 Silver - 2 Bronze - 1
After July 1, we divided into 2 groups: Basic member (free) - all registered members converted to this automatically. This includes ALL previous ranks (ex. Diamond, Gold, etc.) - ranks earned to date will be retained (see below for usage) Premium/Sponsor member (monetary donations) - ranks will also be retained, but used very differently than a Basic member (much more to come in the detailed FAQ)
So you can be a Basic + Platinum member, and you will get priority on any surplus codes over all ranks/levels below you, however the weekly quotas will be less than before (still TBD).
For example, going forward it COULD look like this: Diamond - 3 Platinum - 2 Gold - 1 Silver - 0.5 (1 every 2 weeks) Bronze - 0
Again, it's all TBD at this point. During this "beta trial" period, we are trying to determine what the new weekly quotas will be, based on surplus, and we need more time to analyze and come up with new numbers. We are 30 days in and unfortunately surplus has been very, very low, which does not bode well for Basic members, which is why I want to give it another 30 days before coming up with the numbers.
Q2. Is there value to donating codes vs $$$ in the future? Yes, absolutely! At this point the incoming code donations have gone from a tidal wave to a trickle real fast. For example, in the last 30 days we have had: $1.00 off codes: Zero $1.25 off codes: 15 Free codes: 4
Compare that to 6 months ago, when we had hundreds of free codes coming in, probably 40-50 1.25 off and a dozen of $1 off. I can only assume this is because Redbox has simply stopped sending codes out to everyone, so that is out of anyone's control. However, whatever is out there that is donated will definitely be worth something:
- Non-free codes will continue to earn points towards upgrading rank - Free codes will also earn points towards rank, however donors have the additional option to get a "future credit". That credit can be exchanged for a free movie code anytime, however all credits expire 1 year from donation. Donors MUST specify that they want this credit at the time of each donation (most do not want the credit).
XOIncognito said: has anyone tried the standard texts this month for free movies? Push, Appnow, Freebie? I'm still getting the error message one per mobile number... Anyone else? No go for me this month.
kanderna said: XOIncognito said: has anyone tried the standard texts this month for free movies? Push, Appnow, Freebie? I'm still getting the error message one per mobile number... Anyone else? No go for me this month. Same here... dead PUSH = "Sorry, only 1 code per mobile number" APPNOW = "You are already subscribed to Redbox alerts" FREEBIE = "You are already subscribed to Redbox alerts"
I received the fo0llowing in an e-mail and it's also on the RB FaceBook page.
"READY. SET. GO FOR THE WIN! Reserve any movie or game on Redbox.com between 8/5 and 8/21 to be entered for a chance to win a daily $500 gold card! Play Pass members receive 2x the points on each reservation during this time."
a. Email email@example.com with the subject line “Redbox Golden Giveaway.”
By reserving a movie or game through Redbox.com or the mobile app, or emailing the address for free entry as instructed, you automatically receive one entry into the Sweepstakes. Play Pass members will receive double the standard number of Play Pass points for renting a participating movie through their Play Pass account. Any person is welcome to join Play Pass for free at https://www.redbox.com/redboxplaypass. You will not receive additional entries into the Sweepstakes for being a Play Pass member or renting a movie as a Play Pass member."
Shuttle said: 269 users of that 17 paying users $1
some how this doesn't look so great Sorry, I mis-counted Diamond/Platinum... we are at 300 registered members total.
As for only 17 Premium, I am sure each person has their own hesitation for joining, but here are my 2 cents...
1. We are still in a beta trial until we finalize the new website and polish up the workflow/rules/terms, etc.... so I don't really want all 300 signing up (honestly I would not be able to handle that amount of workload right now) 2. So if you are one of the 17, think of yourselves as the pioneers forging the way for everyone else 3. Of the 300 members, only 20% are really active (about 50-60 folks). The rest I only hear from 1-2 times per year, if that 4. 109 Silver/Bronze members (about 33% of all)... historically 90% of these contribute no value back to the group, it's always been a one-way (take) relationship, so naturally I would expect few in this group to sign up 5. We have not really been pushing/promoting the club very hard (for reason #1 mainly) so many are simply not even aware the new club exists 6. Not enough information. Even those that are aware a club exists, many have questions, and I have yet to publish the FAQ out here (on purpose, again for reason #1) 7. Ideally the club only needs about 20 Premium members to survive long term, and although we are not there yet, a few of those have prepaid for a full year in advance, so in essence we are there already
Once we are out of beta and the new site goes live, and we really start promoting/educating a lot more... I expect to see the Premium enrollment jump to 50-60 (the active folks). Beyond that it doesn't matter as long as we have the 20 minimum. Hope that helps clarify for everyone where we are at right now.
The new club is really quite simple... for $1 you get 6 movies, period... no monthly commitment or contract to continue. So for less than the full price of 1 movie, you get 6 movies And I find it funny that people out here jump all over a 50 cent off coupon that gets posted... basically their net cost is about 80 cents for 1 rental But for 20 cents more you can have 6 movies, LOL!
Mulox said: Just had 2 more Premium member sign ups, so up to 19 now
~~And I find it funny that people out here jump all over a 50 cent off coupon that gets posted... basically their net cost is about 80 cents for 1 rental But for 20 cents more you can have 6 movies, LOL!
Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.
Members of our community may attach files to a post in accordance with the User Agreement. FatWallet is not responsible for the content, accuracy, completeness or validity of any information contained in any attached file. Files have *not* been scanned for viruses. Be especially wary of Excel files which may contain malicious content.
Earn Cash Back while you shop - just 3 simple steps.
1. Sign Up so we know who to pay! (It's FREE.)
2. Shop through FatWallet for deals from your favorite stores. Your online purchases earn Cash Back that builds in your FatWallet account.
3. Get Paid by requesting a payment via check or PayPal.
FatWallet coupons help you save more when shopping online. Use our Coupons Search to browse coupons and offers from thousands of stores, gathered into one convenient location.
As part of our FatWallet Community, you can share deals with almost a million shoppers in our forums. Forum content is generated by consumers for consumers. Share deals, money-saving tips, and more. It's FREE, fun, and addicting.
Our customer experience team is here around the clock - real people ready to assist.