Free Iced Coffee Wednesday's at Starbucks through 7/23/08 - YMMV

Archived From: Free Stuff
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I stopped by my local starbucks this morning and they have cards that give you a free tall iced coffee every Wednesday until 7/23/08.

I did search and didn't see it posted. If you like starbucks iced coffee...stop in today and ask about it.

If they are out of cards the promo code is 0082. Maybe they will just ring it in for you on weds.

(seems to be good in at least: CT, DC, DE, MA, MD, ME, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VA, VT, and WV -- if you are from another state and this deal is going on, please update us)

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Do we know which states are included?
I guess my real question is, if I buy one on eBay or a friend from San Francisco s... (more)

livingelegantly (Jun. 12, 2008 @ 8:14p) |

For me in Florida this was the great deal that never was. May 28th the Barista says "next week starts free iced coffee, ... (more)

stbliss (Jun. 16, 2008 @ 10:31a) |

Thats a shame its selective markets since here in NYC actually went to several Starbucks since they are all over and we ... (more)

sojourn4me (Jun. 16, 2008 @ 1:11p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Yippee!!!!

No catch or purchase required?

I was told at my local Starbuck's that it is nationwide. All baristas received an email this morning.

maybe it's because the pike place free coffee wednesdays are ending this wednesday...new gimmick. ^_^

do we need to get the card to get the free coffee or just go in wednesday and get a free iced coffee?

No catch (although your local starbucks may try and get you to buy an iced coffee today- i didn't)

You DO need the card to get the iced coffee, can't just show up

alexamax97 said: I was told at my local Starbuck's that it is nationwide. All baristas received an email this morning.

that's very possible... I am in NJ and I just listed the states where it is available on the card I got.

is it really all the states?

i just tried a starbucks in ny, they didnt know what i was talking about

I am in Portland OR area and I just called a local starbucks and the lady told me that she had heard about it, but they hadn't been given any coupons for this at all yet.

I just went back to the same one -- New Brunswick, NJ...they probably had 10 coupons left. They didn't hand them out, seems as if you had to ask to get one -- the promo code is 0082. If you get a nice cashier tomorrow maybe you can get them to key in the promo code without the coupon (you keep the coupon anyway)

I would be jitteringly interested in getting one of these in the Illinois region :-O Will have to check it out!

Confirmed on Long Island...went to order my last free hot coffee and as I was asking the guy if they had the new cards for the free iced coffee, he was already handing me one! I think the woman in front of me got one too, saw her get her free coffee (never handed the guy any money) and then I saw him hand her a pamphlet looking thing and thats what he then handed me too...might only be automaticazlly giving them out to people who have the free Pikes Place Roast card unless you ask for it...

They were handing them out today, at the Hackensack, NJ Location -- just had to ask. Good luck!

went to two starbucks today in NYC, both are out of them

Also went to other Long Island area ones this afternoon and they were out of them as well but one of them told me it is also in Newsday...I have a Newsday and don't see it but remember from the last one, it was also in the Newsday...I think it was the next day though, so maybe tomorrow?

Was it newsday or USA Today newspaper?

the starbucks in kentlands, gaithersburg, md has them, but they give it if you request it. (under the counter) hoep this might help someone

I believe both newspapers had the cards in them the last time, don't know about the new iced coffee cards yet...

Going by posts on other forums, it seems this is limited to the northeast states as no one in any other region has them.

kronus said: Going by posts on other forums, it seems this is limited to the northeast states as no one in any other region has them.

Seems to be valid in states I would not classify as the "North East" such as MI, VA and WV to name a few, but it may not be nationwide. The states listed on the OP are the ones that the this card is valid in.

None left at the Potomac, MD store.

Can somebody post a scan of the card?

the starbucks in kentlands, gaithersburg, md has them, but they give it if you request it. (under the counter) hoep this might help someone

Sweet thanks! Ill check before they close. Hopefully they've still got some. If not i'm gonna sweep through Germantown, I have friends in green aprons...

Thanks for the info dannykshu

Succeeded in obtaining free iced coffee yesterday, at the starbucks I went to, they said the promo isn't really supposed to start until next week. So keep your eyes out for these cards. They come on 4 x 11 inch hard paper ad regard iced coffee. On the back attached is a card.

Got mine yesterday when I picked up my free Pike Place coffee. Iced coffee will be nice with the warm weather.

Yesterday when I went to get my last free coffee the barista said that the new promotion would start next Wednesday but they didn't have any cards yet. Went to my other favorite store and they didn't have cards yet either. the barista also said they would be in the USA today as well. FYI-I am in FL.

If anyone sees the cards in USA today can they please post as soon as they see it?

It was my first foray into Starbucks today. Never ventured into one before. I always got Dunkin's iced coffee. I was told if I bring in the card they will honor it. This is SW Florida area.

Local store in NYC had tons of them and offered them up to anyone requesting them and advised me to save card for reuse each Weds till 7/23

sojourn4me said: Local store in NYC had tons of them and offered them up to anyone requesting them and advised me to save card for reuse each Weds till 7/23

which store? which corner? i visited a bunch in NYC, no one had anything.

Latke said: sojourn4me said: Local store in NYC had tons of them and offered them up to anyone requesting them and advised me to save card for reuse each Weds till 7/23

which store? which corner? i visited a bunch in NYC, no one had anything.

Sorry Staten Island, richmond ave off forest ave. Most of had about 50 there. Probably would have handed me as many as I wanted but after he explained to save the card for reuse each week I thought what the hell do i need more than 2 for?

Got mine wednesday when I picked up my free Pike Place coffee.
Had got the original car with a RedEye in Chicago quite some time back.

Got mine yesterday too! Thanks for letting us know!

Yay! I love Starbucks coffee. I hope they don't run out next Wednesday. thanks OP =D

The Starbucks in Lebanon, MO told me today that I could get the card by signing up on Starbuck's website and it would be mailed to me. There is nothing on the website about the card or the free iced coffee Wednesdays.

Can anybody confirm for CA?

I called 3 locations in Northern California and none of them had a clue about the cards.

Dano

Skipping 46 Messages...
stbliss said: For me in Florida this was the great deal that never was. May 28th the Barista says "next week starts free iced coffee, we don't have the cards yet but you will get one!"

I up my usual coffee intake at two different locations always asking about "the card." Nobody has them.

First supposed free iced coffee Wednesday rolls around and the barista tells me she has made a mistake that there is no free coffee Wednesday, that it is only in select markets.

Boyfriend goes to another starbucks they give us free iced coffee anyway!

Haven't tried to get anymore free coffee....at least not in FL.

Thats a shame its selective markets since here in NYC actually went to several Starbucks since they are all over and we enjoyed multiple free ice coffees on a scorching hot day

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017