• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Walmart_Save_Money_Live_Crappy
Disclaimer
Price Match Policy 

Price Match at a WalMart store:

Check with your local store for additional details on the price match policy.

WalMart reserves the right to modify the terms of this Policy at any time. 

http://corporate.walmart.com/policies ...

^^ and even more stores have discontinued the price match policy ... a list is currently not available and the online the policy was Last Updated: May 23, 2016

they said they are lowering prices so there won't be a need for a price match ... yeah - right ...

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'm not seeing anything that looks particularly new/different/better/worse than the last time I checked the policy. What am I missing?

maybe you didn't have one (already discontinued ???) ... but we did ... but now it just says ...

"Check with your local store for additional details on the price match policy."

and upon checking - as of 060916 - there's not ... any details or price match policy ...

(although, it is still available in limited areas)...

and this was for price match @ walmartz in-store with local area stores, especially grocery ...

Karma has bitten you in the wallet for all your walmartsux rants.  

walmartsux
Disclaimer
^^actually ... not ...

besides the customer service issues - that's just another reason to shop elsewhere or order online ...

<<< and wamz karma is in a lot worse shape than mine ...

imanemokid said:   Price Match Policy 

Price Match at a WalMart store:

Check with your local store for additional details on the price match policy.

WalMart reserves the right to modify the terms of this Policy at any time. 

http://corporate.walmart.com/policies ...

^^ and even more stores have discontinued the price match policy ... a list is currently not available and the online the policy was Last Updated: May 23, 2016

they said they are lowering prices so there won't be a need for a price match ... yeah - right ...

That's too bad. pretty much "yeah we have a policy but only the local store manager knows what that is". That was the nice thing about going to my SuperWalmart, just bring in all the local ads, get the sales matched on groceries. 

Haven't been there in awhile, but pretty radical change to go from a chainwide policy to a very arbitrary/virtually 'no' policy.

My super WalMart has had official signs on the register poles for at least a month that say the Price Match policy ends as of June 9th. Nice way to hedge the website and focus the wrath on the stores.

I sure thought the policy looked the same when I clicked the link the first time yesterday, but I see the big "check your local store" copout now. I've PM'ed grocery ads as recently as last week, I'm curious to see what happens when I try again soon. If they've really officially ended this practice, I'm hardly going to have a reason to go there anymore. 

I went to my local WalMart neighborhood grocery on Saturday. Price matched White Nectarines, Peaches and Plums for 33 cents a pound. They were selling for $1.68 in the store. Also, yellow onions 20 cents a pound and blueberries 99 cents a pint.

No issues PM-ing grocery ads today in my Chicagoland store. Cashier saw them in my hand and cheerfully asked what items needed a match.

Still price matching in my area, however the associate told me that it was going to stop at all locations in the near future.  I think that they are testing in certain areas to see if profits and volume would decrease.  I informed her that WM would definitely lose customers with this move. Stores in my area are relatively close together, while it would be slightly inconvenient, but definitely not impossible. 

An added bonus would be that competing stores will no longer need the buy 3/4/5 requirements to get items at reduced prices.  Actually, things might go back to the good old days of grocery shopping before price-matching and the domination of WalMart.

Just noticed my area had signs stating the PM policy changed on 8/1/16. No more PM. This as their app price scanner was showing one price and the registers showed a different one. Cashier said they don't PM. Had to do a return and rebuy at customer service.

I know where I'm not going to be this BF...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017