Costco 16 year old scotch

Archived From: Grocery & Drugstore
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Costco has 16 year old Speyside single malt in their Chicago suburb stores for $49.95. Same price as the 15 year old Macallan two years ago but I will defer to the scotch experts for taste analysis. I really liked the 15 year old and like this also. Price is great however. They always sell out fast with their single malts.

Member Summary

Speyside single malt
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
The Oban 14 year old Scotch is in Albuquerque in all 3 Costco's.

jd2020 (Aug. 10, 2016 @ 9:41a) |

This topic could be a Venn diagram of "The 1%" and Fatwalleters?

UkeDoggie (Aug. 10, 2016 @ 9:42a) |

Scotch schmotch

boulos (Aug. 10, 2016 @ 11:04a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Their Oban 14 year scotch is absolutely the best tasting Scotch I've ever had!   "The Western Highland Single Malt is a superb, full-blooded fruity malt with a whiff of heather and more than a hint of smoke."  It is currently on coupon for $20 off at all 3 Albuquerque Costco's thru Sept. 4, 2016.

thx!

Oban is great. None in Chicago and never saw a coupon for it. What area are you referring to?

jd2020 said:   Their Oban 14 year scotch is the best tasting I've ever had and is currently on coupon for $20 off for the next few weeks.
  Don't try the Pappy Van Winkle I'm sipping on right now.

I will check out this 16 year. Thanks for the heads up Op!

Old enough to drive.

Kirkland brand comes from the Glenlivet distillery.

16 year old? Just to be sure... The picture posted shows 12 yr old scotch?

ganjagadget said:   
jd2020 said:   Their Oban 14 year scotch is the best tasting I've ever had and is currently on coupon for $20 off for the next few weeks.

Good stuff, but moot point. Bourbon is not scotch.

Whoa really (on Glenlevit making for Kirkland)?  No wonder both Kirkland and Glenlevit causes my gout to Flare up.  

ck90211 said:   Whoa really (on Glenlevit making for Kirkland)?  No wonder both Kirkland and Glenlevit causes my gout to Flare up.  
  Perhaps you should stop after 5 or 6 shots.

S197 said:   Kirkland brand comes from the Glenlivet distillery.
  100%?  Because when I bought some years ago, it was supposedly Macallan.

ganjagadget said:   I will check out this 16 year. Thanks for the heads up Op!
  It's not the pict from OP. Why so picky.

Since this is Fatwallet, if I buy this today for $50 and leave it unopened for 16 years, will it be worth a lot more than since I can claim it as 32 year old scotch?

TheDealNazi said:   16 year old? Just to be sure... The picture posted shows 12 yr old scotch?
  It is 16 year old. I did not post the picture. Also, the genius moderators moved this to the grocery thread. Correct me if I am wrong but all Costco scotch deals for years have been on Hot Deals form when appropriate. Would people be looking on grocery thread for scotch deals?

nomonies said:   
ganjagadget said:   

Let me replay what my wife always does on a topic: "Bourbon is not scotch?"  Me: "No honey, if it was, it would be called the same thing."

TrueKnight said:   Since this is Fatwallet, if I buy this today for $50 and leave it unopened for 16 years, will it be worth a lot more than since I can claim it as 32 year old scotch?
  It might be worth more, but it won't be 32 year scotch.  The age of scotch is determined by how long it is kept in the barrel.  Unlike wine, it doesn't really change in flavor or improve just by sitting in a bottle for years.

Taco said:   
S197 said:   Kirkland brand comes from the Glenlivet distillery.
  100%?  Because when I bought some years ago, it was supposedly Macallan.

They have a new supplier (Alexander Murray) so no longer Macallan. 

I got 30 bottles from last deal. Still have plenty.

sucks you cant get liquor from grocery stores in TX

f2000sa said:   I got 30 bottles from last deal. Still have plenty.
  Mums the word.......

Is that you son?

cyfan said:   
nomonies said:   
ganjagadget said:   

Let me replay what my wife always does on a topic: "Bourbon is not scotch?"  Me: "No honey, if it was, it would be called the same thing."

It's a perfectly reasonable question. One could be a type of the other.
If she had asked "Bourbon is not whiskey?" or "Scotch is not whisky?" you would have answered, "Yes, it is. It's a type of whisk(e)y."

Oh no, you didn't!
You just called a stupid man stupid!

And he thinks his wife is the one...

jfgary said:   Oban is great. None in Chicago and never saw a coupon for it. What area are you referring to?
 The Oban 14 year old Scotch is in Albuquerque in all 3 Costco's.

This topic could be a Venn diagram of "The 1%" and Fatwalleters?

Scotch schmotch

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017