question about coupons.com

Archived From: Grocery & Drugstore
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Before I can print any coupon from coupons.com on my new laptop, I have to enter my cell phone number so they can sent me a verification code. Can I use the same cell number for another PC? Or is the cell number is tired to my laptop?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I do not believe it is tied to a PC, but rather to your cell # itself, so you should be able to use your same # from any device you access the coupons.com website from.

On my 2nd PC using the same cell #, it registered fine. However, I got the following when I tried to print the same coupons as my 1st laptop:

Sorry, something went wrong.

It seems that we've encountered a problem sending your coupons to your printer.

Please try again or contact our customer support with the following print error number: 102

I believe at the bottom of the screen it gives you an option to install the print coupon app on your pc instead.

Did you get a printer dialogue box show up at all on your PC? Even though you got an error message, the coupon might actually be in the queue, waiting for you to respond. Check the queue and see if it's there. You could also try turning off your printer, and then on again. I have found that often fixes issues with tasks not being sent to the printer. Alternately, you could use the app, as wowe suggested.

it's a finicky program. Try a different browser, sometime that helps.

Did you try a different browser? Is this for the regular coupons.com or some specially linked page? In general if it's asking for your cell phone number, it thinks you are using a mobile browser.

billrubin said:   Did you try a different browser? Is this for the regular coupons.com or some specially linked page? In general if it's asking for your cell phone number, it thinks you are using a mobile browser.

Coupons.com made some changes, you no longer have to download the app to print. They did this because of many comments about the printer app.

The alternative is user verification that you need a cell phone with text messaging services to do. If you haven't installed the printer app, you are prompted to enter your cell phone number, they send a one-time-use verification code by text (My experience is that it comes within seconds, & Coupons.com does not retain your #). You enter that code and your Q's go directly to your printer spool, no app needed. Dialogue box opens up like for any other printer task.

If you tend to delete browser cookies/web-beacons, you may have to repeat the set-up, otherwise future tasks just go right to the printer spool, and the dialogue box opens. I run WiseCare every few days, so it deletes stuff that stops Coupons.com from recognizing me, so I just reset it with my cell. Much easier, I find, than the printer app, which all the security programs on my PC recognize as foreign, and therefore delete, requiring me to re-install, each time.

OP used the cell-phone verification method on his 1st laptop, but is having problems with it working on his new one. ZenNUTS is correct that it could be a browser issue, and OP could try a different browser, or as wowe suggested, if all else fails, simply download & install the printer app.

I usually avoid the problem by opening www.coupons.com in another tab before I try to print the coupon.

Thank you for all the replies. I finally able to install the program by disable my antivirus SW. The odd thing is the antivirus sw never complained, just stopped the download in midway.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017