UPDATE 12/19: CVS $2/2 Abound Nut/Trail Mix Items and $1/1 Abound Grocery Items to 12/31 (2 prints each Q)

Archived From: Grocery & Drugstore
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Free Printable Coupons, Grocery Coupons Online Coupons | Coupons.com
Disclaimer
 http://www.coupons.com/coupons/?pid=14415&nid=10&zid=oj97&status... 

go to 'foods" tab to find easily if not on front page at link.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Is CVS open on Christmas Day?  If one has nothing else to do that would be the day to use the q's. 
There's a $5 ecb wyb ... (more)

my4mainecoons (Dec. 19, 2016 @ 9:04p) |

Not sure, but what prices will they be before the ecb offer? $3.99 is a pretty good price for the deluxe nuts, not as go... (more)

MISTERCHEAP (Dec. 19, 2016 @ 9:42p) |

I don't know about every location, but we used to go to CVS on Christmas Day and the Christmas stuff was already 50% off... (more)

ottawa (Dec. 20, 2016 @ 1:10p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Not seeing them via your link, still expired in Printable Coupons on CVS.com, fyi.

you can get them here  cvs.com/coupons 

Not seeing on coupons.com either. Is it gone already?

niniss said:   Not seeing on coupons.com either. Is it gone already?

cvs.com/coupons

go here

I can see the coupons on cvs.com but I can't get them to print

Could someone please post when the bars are on sale for $1?  tyvm

my4mainecoons said:   Could someone please post when the bars are on sale for $1?  tyvm

they are this week Maine. 10 for $10

Am I remembering correctly-- I can use the "nuts" and "snack" coupons but not the "grocery" coupon for bars?
Is it still one of each CVS coupon per transaction?
No ecb or anything right?  Just straight purchase w/ card?

my4mainecoons said:   Am I remembering correctly-- I can use the "nuts" and "snack" coupons but not the "grocery" coupon for bars?
Is it still one of each CVS coupon per transaction?
No ecb or anything right?  Just straight purchase w/ card?

Tried last night, the $1 "grocery" coupon didn't work on any of them, nuts or bars, but the $2 one worked. 

IIRC last year I used the $1 grocery one on spices when they went on sale for $1. 
I saw instant mac & cheese cups were $1.67, BOG50% this week.  Makes me hopeful that they might be $1 at some point.

Would appreciate a thread "bump" when bars are $1 again and when folks see something worth getting- like free mac & cheese.
TIA.

There's a new printable for nuts.  $2 off GE or GE Abound Nuts 8 oz or larger.
The cans we got on BF are 8 oz+.
Will be interested in hearing how it "stacks up" with the others.

Thanks for this. I'm trying to figure something out, I think there was a similar discussion in November but though I read the thread I wasn't able to follow it completely.

So I've got several coupons for $2/2 on nuts. And CVS is offering snack packs (about 1.25oz) for $10/10. This suggests the nuts are free with coupon.

Assuming I don't need huge quantities of the things, is there any reason I'd buy 8oz cans instead of 1.25oz packets? Even if I'm the type not to hand bags of nuts to my guests, surely I could dump them in a bowl, but this way I could offer various flavours (if I'm willing to act like a flight attendant throwing packets of nuts to the crowd ).

Alternatively on CVS.com I'm seeing 18oz cans of nuts for $8 and 8oz cans at BOGO (though they don't quote a price). Can I buy 2 cans as BOGO (so pay for 1) and then have the $2/2 coupon take $2 off? Or do I have to buy 4 (so pay for 2) to get the $2 off? And is this a better bet? I have the feeling my4mainecoons and MISTERCHEAP may have been having an open and honest discussion about this in the earlier thread, but maybe the sale prices were also different?

And on a complete tangent, I have the CVS app installed on my phone (Moto X 1st gen, running Android 5.1). A friend with a Moto E (probably running Android 5.1 or 5.0) gets a "not compatible" message. Are there known issues with the CVS app? I'm hoping it's not such a memory hog that it's too much for a <2yo mainstream smartphone!

Thanks!
=aw

ottawa said:   Thanks for this. I'm trying to figure something out, I think there was a similar discussion in November but though I read the thread I wasn't able to follow it completely.

So I've got several coupons for $2/2 on nuts. And CVS is offering snack packs (about 1.25oz) for $10/10. This suggests the nuts are free with coupon.

Assuming I don't need huge quantities of the things, is there any reason I'd buy 8oz cans instead of 1.25oz packets? Even if I'm the type not to hand bags of nuts to my guests, surely I could dump them in a bowl, but this way I could offer various flavours (if I'm willing to act like a flight attendant throwing packets of nuts to the crowd ).

Alternatively on CVS.com I'm seeing 18oz cans of nuts for $8 and 8oz cans at BOGO (though they don't quote a price). Can I buy 2 cans as BOGO (so pay for 1) and then have the $2/2 coupon take $2 off? Or do I have to buy 4 (so pay for 2) to get the $2 off? And is this a better bet? I have the feeling my4mainecoons and MISTERCHEAP may have been having an open and honest discussion about this in the earlier thread, but maybe the sale prices were also different?

And on a complete tangent, I have the CVS app installed on my phone (Moto X 1st gen, running Android 5.1). A friend with a Moto E (probably running Android 5.1 or 5.0) gets a "not compatible" message. Are there known issues with the CVS app? I'm hoping it's not such a memory hog that it's too much for a <2yo mainstream smartphone!

Thanks!
=aw

What nuts/sizes you choose to get is entirely up to you. Coupons work on any size... When the nuts were $2.99 over BF for the cans, they were about $1.50 net after the coupons. It was a great stock up price, and since I had so many ECB's to use from Freebies, I didn't mind the $1.50 oop per can, great price and far more convenient than having lots of little 1oz bags to eat. We go through a lot of nuts at the holidays. RE: your BOGO question, the $2/2 should work on 2 cans, even if one is BOGO, however, a BOGO price brings the Deluxe Mixed nuts down to $3.50/$4 a can since they are $6.99-7.99 reg priced. (not as good, as BF deals). so you'd pay about $2.50-3 a can ac.

I don't have the app, so can't assist on that one.

Thanks, I think I've got it. Today we bought 2 of the small cashews for $1 each (didn't look like part of the 10/$10) and they were free with the 2/$2 nuts coupons. And we bought two bars (10/$10) which were free with the 2/$2 snacks (?) coupon. So far so good.

I think the 8oz cans were typically $6.49 and BOGO in some cases. So if I did understand correctly, the 2/$2 makes them $4.49 and BOGO or $2.25 each. That makes sense and my only concern was if the free one counted as one of the 2/$2, it sounds like it does.

For us the small bags are better since we don't use _that_ much nuts even over the holidays. Though we could only find salted and lightly-salted cashews in that size, and I suspect there are unsalted in 8oz cans if I look.

BTW are these coupons limits (print 1, print 2) based on CVS card # or computer or what? IOW if I tell a friend about this, can I print their coupons with my computer? Alternatively could I print more coupons for my own use on someone else's computer?

Thanks!
=aw

ottawa said:   Thanks, I think I've got it. Today we bought 2 of the small cashews for $1 each (didn't look like part of the 10/$10) and they were free with the 2/$2 nuts coupons. And we bought two bars (10/$10) which were free with the 2/$2 snacks (?) coupon. So far so good.

I think the 8oz cans were typically $6.49 and BOGO in some cases. So if I did understand correctly, the 2/$2 makes them $4.49 and BOGO or $2.25 each. That makes sense and my only concern was if the free one counted as one of the 2/$2, it sounds like it does.

For us the small bags are better since we don't use _that_ much nuts even over the holidays. Though we could only find salted and lightly-salted cashews in that size, and I suspect there are unsalted in 8oz cans if I look.

BTW are these coupons limits (print 1, print 2) based on CVS card # or computer or what? IOW if I tell a friend about this, can I print their coupons with my computer? Alternatively could I print more coupons for my own use on someone else's computer?

Thanks!
=aw

coupon print limit is 2 per pc, not tied to any CVS card.

ottawa said:   For us the small bags are better since we don't use _that_ much nuts even over the holidays. So what you're trying to say in a nice way is ... Mr. C's house is nuttier than yours.

All,

if you are looking for something good to get with the $1/1 Grocery or $2/2 Grocery/Beverage Gold Em type Q's in these.

The Gold Emblem Drinks are 99c everyday in the cold case. Think they are all flavored Zero Calories in various fruit flavors (Straw-Kiwi, Orange-Mango, Berry, Lemon Lime, etc). 

With many of my Q's expiring 12/31 and more nuts than I can deal with, I've been getting these and I really like them.   I know people mention the 10 for $10 spices too, which are good, but that isn't an everyday price, so if you're looking for a cold drink to have right away or just to take home, I do recommend these drinks.

coupon print limit is 2 per pc, not tied to any CVS card.
Thanks, that helps explain why I couldn't print coupons for my friend. And does this also mean if my friend doesn't need some coupon I'm already maxed out on, they can print them and I can use them? It does seem to say "this is a manufacturer's coupon" all over the place, so presumably I could use extras, the same as if I cut them out of this paper? (If they still made coupons on paper ).

So what you're trying to say in a nice way is ... Mr. C's house is nuttier than yours.
From now on, when I see a post from MISTERCHEAP I'll think "nuts!".

=aw

mistercheap's house is full of nuts right now...his in-laws are visiting...all kidding aside..he has mountains of CVS nut-bags in his home and the pile will grow even higher with pisstachio sacks from Giant/SnS...

He's "Chock Full O' Nuts"?

=aw

I got GEA Edamame trail mix for free.  It's on sale for $1.99 and I used the $1 coupon that takes off $2.

GEA crackers are on sale for $1.99 too but I haven't tried those yet.

Any idea if these coupons will be issued again in January?  Have they expired in the past and then been reissued?

dkong said:   Any idea if these coupons will be issued again in January?  Have they expired in the past and then been reissued?

no idea, only time will answer this.   but yes, they have expired in the past and we've seen new ones come out.

dkong said:   I got GEA Edamame trail mix for free.  It's on sale for $1.99 and I used the $1 coupon that takes off $2.

GEA crackers are on sale for $1.99 too but I haven't tried those yet.

Thanks for the HU on the crackers.  I got a box of each, one at a time.
Big bags of popcorn are also $1.99 but I had enough Abound popcorn for a lifetime.
I got a bag each of the Kale & Spinach tortilla chips and the sweet potato chips to try.
More pistachios and nut bars with the $2/2 snack coupon.

Pretty good deal on GE maple syrup and honey - on sale for $3.99, so after the coupon will be $1.99 (assuming the coupon will work on these items).

The Gold Emblem 0 Calorie 16 oz Fruit Sodas are on sale for 88c (ends today) they do give overage on the $1 or $2 Q's, just be sure to have other items to absorb it!

they are found in the cold case near the single serve waters and juices.

Hey all!!

some great snack deals this week:

CVS GE now is making various flavored pretzel nuggets to compete with Combos, they are on sale $1 a bag. Peanut Butter (which they had) and now Honey Mustard and Buffalo Wing  bags have about 7-8 oz in them, so a nice size package.

CVS DELUXE Nuts (Mixed, Colassal Cashews, etc) are $3.99.  Buy 2, use $1/5 flyer coupon, $2 off 8oz Q and 2 off 2 snacks, pay $3 for 2 cans.

of course the Fruit Zero Calorie Drinks are 99c everyday if you are thirsty.

Be aware, some Q's expire 12/25, others 12/31, so be sure to make good use by stacking all of them together THIS WEEK!!

Is CVS open on Christmas Day?  If one has nothing else to do that would be the day to use the q's. 
There's a $5 ecb wyb $15 starting on 12/25 and GE nuts will be included.

my4mainecoons said:   Is CVS open on Christmas Day?  If one has nothing else to do that would be the day to use the q's. 
There's a $5 ecb wyb $15 starting on 12/25 and GE nuts will be included.

Not sure, but what prices will they be before the ecb offer? $3.99 is a pretty good price for the deluxe nuts, not as good as $2.99 on BFriday.

I don't know about every location, but we used to go to CVS on Christmas Day and the Christmas stuff was already 50% off, We'd joke that it would be a good place to stop "on the way to Grandma's house", pick up wine, pepto, and some stocking stuffers.

=aw

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017