• filter:

Rite Aid 1/1-1/7 $4mm after Points/Savingstar on $50 worth of select HBA

  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
DEAL IDEA
Buy 1 Advil Film Coated, 80ct, $10.99
Buy 1 Advil Congestion, $3.99 (50% off)
Buy 1 Caltrate + D, $4.99 (50% off)
Buy 1 Centrum MultiGummies, $8.99 (50% off)
Buy 1 ThermaCare Heat Wrap, $7.39
Buy 1 ThermaCare Heat Wrap, $3.69 (50% off)
Buy 1 Dove Men+Care Body Wash, $3.99 each
Buy 1 Vaseline Intensive Care 10 oz – $4.49
Buy 1 Vaseline Intensive Care 10 oz – $2.25 (sale price)
Subtotal: $50.76
-(1) $3/1 Advil Film-Coated 80ct+, 1/1 RP #1, exp. 01/15/2017
-(1) $1/1 Advil Allergy & Congestion Relief, Cold & Sinus or Sinus Congestion & Pain product, 1/1 RP #1, exp. 01/29/2017
-(1) $4/1 Caltrate SuppleMent, 1/1 RP #1, exp. 01/31/2017
-(1) $4/1 Centrum MultiGummies 70ct+, 1/1 RP #1, exp. 01/29/2017
-(1) $3/2 ThermaCare Heatwraps 2ct+ or Cold Wrap 1ct, 1/1 RP #1, exp. 01/14/2017
-(1) $2/1 Dove Men+Care Body Wash product 13.5oz+, 1/1 RP #2, exp. 01/15/2017
-(2) $2/1 Vaseline Lotion 10oz+ or Serum product ets, 1/1 RP #2, exp. 01/28/2017
Pay: $29.76
Get 2,000 Plenti Points (Starting Points, limit 2)

SAVINGSTAR OFFERS BELOW ON ABOVE ITEMS
Get a Earn $1 on ANY ONE (1) Advil Allergy & Congestion Relief, Advil Cold & Sinus, or Advil Sinus Congestion & Pain product, Rite Aid Household Points Offer
Get a Earn $3 on ANY ONE (1) Advil® Film-Coated 80ct or larger
Get a Earn $3 on ANY ONE (1) Centrum® Base, Silver®, MultiGummies®, VitaMints®, Flavor Burst®, Kids® product (60ct or larger). Excludes Trial and Travel
Get a Earn $4 on ANY ONE (1) Caltrate® Calcium & Vitamin D3 Supplement
Get a $3 on any TWO (2) ThermaCare® HeatWraps 2ct or larger or Cold Wrap 1ct
as low as FREE + $4.24 money maker after stacked offers

Member Summary

rite aid (29.64kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Its the beginning of the month which means freshness peelies on candy.
Some varieties are on sale for 69¢ this week and qualify for SP.
73 candy @ 69¢ ea => $50.37 - $36.50 in freshness peelies = $13.87 oop and earn $20.
Too much work IMO but a good filler.

 

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   DEAL IDEA ...

 

 Maybe wait until Tuesday to do this since Unilever S* have been coming out Mon/Tues not on Sundays.
Since we got Unilever insert coupons good chance we'll get S* offer to overlap.

Often we've received credit for more than one Advil S* when purchasing the 80 ct.  Would make this a better MM.
 

rated:
Check your register receipts. I received a $2 Thermacare RC49 coupon last week, which will stack.

Though one bummer is that I noticed that on the past couple of RA transactions, they (RA) were charging sales tax on the pre-coupon value, i.e., not reducing the taxable value by the amount of the coupon. This happened when the coupon was scanned, so it's obviously part of the programming in the register. This must have changed recently. What I don't know is if this is a change in Pennsylvania law, or a re-interpretation by RA (or PA) of the way RA implements PA law.

rated:
melachri said:   Check your register receipts. I received a $2 Thermacare RC49 coupon last week, which will stack.

Though one bummer is that I noticed that on the past couple of RA transactions, they (RA) were charging sales tax on the pre-coupon value, i.e., not reducing the taxable value by the amount of the coupon. This happened when the coupon was scanned, so it's obviously part of the programming in the register. This must have changed recently. What I don't know is if this is a change in Pennsylvania law, or a re-interpretation by RA (or PA) of the way RA implements PA law.

  probably PA law.  Maybe it went into effect Jan. 1?
I know MA taxes post-coupon.
My state has always taxed pre-coupon.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   DEAL IDEA
Buy 1 Advil Film Coated, 80ct, $10.99
Buy 1 Advil Congestion, $3.99 (50% off)
Buy 1 Caltrate + D, $4.99 (50% off)
Buy 1 Centrum MultiGummies, $8.99 (50% off)
Buy 1 ThermaCare Heat Wrap, $7.39
Buy 1 ThermaCare Heat Wrap, $3.69 (50% off)
Buy 1 Dove Men+Care Body Wash, $3.99 each
Buy 1 Vaseline Intensive Care 10 oz – $4.49
Buy 1 Vaseline Intensive Care 10 oz – $2.25 (sale price)
Subtotal: $50.76

  
Two comments: 

- The Centrum Multi-Gummies should NOT ring up as 50% off. The first six items are within the B1G50% deal, so there have to be 3 at full price and 3 at half price. As listed there are only 2 at full price and 4 at 50%. 
- The deal relies on RA to properly allocate the full price and 50% off items as listed above (with the correction for the Centrum gummies). I think that's the way the register will work. But if it doesn't, you could always split the transaction into the key pairs: Advil Film + Caltrate, Centrum + Advil Congestion, and 2xThermacare.

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   
melachri said:   Check your register receipts. I received a $2 Thermacare RC49 coupon last week, which will stack.

Though one bummer is that I noticed that on the past couple of RA transactions, they (RA) were charging sales tax on the pre-coupon value, i.e., not reducing the taxable value by the amount of the coupon. This happened when the coupon was scanned, so it's obviously part of the programming in the register. This must have changed recently. What I don't know is if this is a change in Pennsylvania law, or a re-interpretation by RA (or PA) of the way RA implements PA law.

  probably PA law.  Maybe it went into effect Jan. 1?
I know MA taxes post-coupon.
My state has always taxed pre-coupon.


Not a 1 Jan change, as it happened on purchases last week too. Maybe Mr. C knows--he's also a PA resident.
 

rated:
melachri said:   
my4mainecoons said:   
melachri said:   Check your register receipts. I received a $2 Thermacare RC49 coupon last week, which will stack.

Though one bummer is that I noticed that on the past couple of RA transactions, they (RA) were charging sales tax on the pre-coupon value, i.e., not reducing the taxable value by the amount of the coupon. This happened when the coupon was scanned, so it's obviously part of the programming in the register. This must have changed recently. What I don't know is if this is a change in Pennsylvania law, or a re-interpretation by RA (or PA) of the way RA implements PA law.

  probably PA law.  Maybe it went into effect Jan. 1?
I know MA taxes post-coupon.
My state has always taxed pre-coupon.


Not a 1 Jan change, as it happened on purchases last week too. Maybe Mr. C knows--he's also a PA resident.

  

Nothing has changed to my knowledge.   Was the coupon "scanned" and manually entered. Either way, the coupon has to show "taxable coupon' to trigger the reduction of sales tax for the corresponding amount of the coupon. It the coupon line item shows coupon non-taxable, that is your problem right there.

Either the cashier manually entered them wrong or there's a programming glitch at your store, allow the coupons to hit as non taxable where no further tax reduction would come off the bill.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   
melachri said:   
my4mainecoons said:   
melachri said:   Check your register receipts. I received a $2 Thermacare RC49 coupon last week, which will stack.

Though one bummer is that I noticed that on the past couple of RA transactions, they (RA) were charging sales tax on the pre-coupon value, i.e., not reducing the taxable value by the amount of the coupon. This happened when the coupon was scanned, so it's obviously part of the programming in the register. This must have changed recently. What I don't know is if this is a change in Pennsylvania law, or a re-interpretation by RA (or PA) of the way RA implements PA law.

  probably PA law.  Maybe it went into effect Jan. 1?
I know MA taxes post-coupon.
My state has always taxed pre-coupon.


Not a 1 Jan change, as it happened on purchases last week too. Maybe Mr. C knows--he's also a PA resident.

  

Nothing has changed to my knowledge.   Was the coupon "scanned" and manually entered. Either way, the coupon has to show "taxable coupon' to trigger the reduction of sales tax for the corresponding amount of the coupon. It the coupon line item shows coupon non-taxable, that is your problem right there.

Either the cashier manually entered them wrong or there's a programming glitch at your store, allow the coupons to hit as non taxable where no further tax reduction would come off the bill.

  
As I said in the post, all the coupons were scanned--there was no manual entry. As you guessed, all the coupons rang up just as "MANUF COUPON", not as a taxable coupon. This morning it was Simple face wash, using the MQ in today's RP. Yesterday it was Olay Face Wash (with today's P&G MQ) and Cerave products (using both IPQs and MQs from SS 10/23).

It happened at multiple stores, so it's not a single-store problem. And since it's happening to multiple products, it's not just that one coupon was programmed wrong. That's why I was wondering if anyone else has seen this.

rated:
melachri said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   
melachri said:   
my4mainecoons said:   
melachri said:   Check your register receipts. I received a $2 Thermacare RC49 coupon last week, which will stack.

Though one bummer is that I noticed that on the past couple of RA transactions, they (RA) were charging sales tax on the pre-coupon value, i.e., not reducing the taxable value by the amount of the coupon. This happened when the coupon was scanned, so it's obviously part of the programming in the register. This must have changed recently. What I don't know is if this is a change in Pennsylvania law, or a re-interpretation by RA (or PA) of the way RA implements PA law.

  probably PA law.  Maybe it went into effect Jan. 1?
I know MA taxes post-coupon.
My state has always taxed pre-coupon.


Not a 1 Jan change, as it happened on purchases last week too. Maybe Mr. C knows--he's also a PA resident.

  

Nothing has changed to my knowledge.   Was the coupon "scanned" and manually entered. Either way, the coupon has to show "taxable coupon' to trigger the reduction of sales tax for the corresponding amount of the coupon. It the coupon line item shows coupon non-taxable, that is your problem right there.

Either the cashier manually entered them wrong or there's a programming glitch at your store, allow the coupons to hit as non taxable where no further tax reduction would come off the bill.

  
As I said in the post, all the coupons were scanned--there was no manual entry. As you guessed, all the coupons rang up just as "MANUF COUPON", not as a taxable coupon. This morning it was Simple face wash, using the MQ in today's RP. Yesterday it was Olay Face Wash (with today's P&G MQ) and Cerave products (using both IPQs and MQs from SS 10/23).

It happened at multiple stores, so it's not a single-store problem. And since it's happening to multiple products, it's not just that one coupon was programmed wrong. That's why I was wondering if anyone else has seen this.

  

It sounds like a new programming issue on RA's end, where they are applying the rule of most states to all states re: tax on coupons not coming off.  As I said, nothing's changed, and it certainly didn't change at any point during December, I haven't been to RA recently to check this out myself, but it likely is going to require a call to corporate to get it fixed if it is a chain wide programming change. The store won't be able to correct it.

rated:
So many possibilities towards Starting Points promo this week.
MCR free 12 pack of Coke
Right Guard Total Defense 5 Antiperspirant & Deodorant reg price $4.69, $3.79 gold; $1.50/1  L2c, $1.50 S*
M&M's.  Clearance Xmas ones are counting.  75% off and there's a $1.50/2 ip on coupons.com
Head & Shoulders are 2/$10 and you might have received $3/1 catalina coupon at RA a month ago or so.  I received 2 per Plenti card.
i-Caps are $17.99 on sale.  $10/1 mq in 1-1-17 SS and $5/1 RA q from emails 12-18-16. 
Look to see if you received Partner Offers for Clear Care or OptiFree.  $5 mq's in 1-1-17 SS and 300PP wyb 2 monthly offer if you didn't buy it last week.
This is the week to buy Advil Film Coated 80 ct.  Both the coupons and the S* expire on 1-15.  Qualifies for 4 different S* offers.
Allergy & Congestion Advil might also count towards Allergy Wellness program (2000 PP wyb $75).  Promo restarted Jan. 1 and runs all year. 
 

rated:
And the snickers $.50/1 IPs for cheap candy bars (for SP, too)

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   So many possibilities towards Starting Points promo this week.
MCR free 12 pack of Coke
Right Guard Total Defense 5 Antiperspirant & Deodorant reg price $4.69, $3.79 gold; $1.50/1  L2c, $1.50 S*
M&M's.  Clearance Xmas ones are counting.  75% off and there's a $1.50/2 ip on coupons.com
Head & Shoulders are 2/$10 and you might have received $3/1 catalina coupon at RA a month ago or so.  I received 2 per Plenti card.
i-Caps are $17.99 on sale.  $10/1 mq in 1-1-17 SS and $5/1 RA q from emails 12-18-16. 
Look to see if you received Partner Offers for Clear Care or OptiFree.  $5 mq's in 1-1-17 SS and 300PP wyb 2 monthly offer if you didn't buy it last week.
This is the week to buy Advil Film Coated 80 ct.  Both the coupons and the S* expire on 1-15.  Qualifies for 4 different S* offers.
Allergy & Congestion Advil might also count towards Allergy Wellness program (2000 PP wyb $75).  Promo restarted Jan. 1 and runs all year. 

  

Do you have to re-enroll in this each year?

rated:
I received an email last week (?) from RA telling me that they were enrolling me for 2017.
So no, you don't have to re-enroll if you already enrolled.
Bought the Allergy & Congestion and my receipt showed Allergy tracking.

I did the following today:
2 i-caps $17.99 ea - 2 $10/1 (1-1 RP) - 2 $5/1 RA q
1 Advil Film Coated $11.49 (higher priced store) - $3/1 (1-1 RP)
1 Advil Allergy Congestion - $1/1 (1-1 RP)
total $51.61 before coupons, $17.61 after coupons.  Earned 2000 PP.  Will get back at least $4 from S* for ~ $6 MM.

1 Thermacare patches $7.49
1 Thermacare patches $3.74
1 Advil Film Coated $11.49
1 Advil Allergy & Congestion $4.14
4 Christmas Peanut M&M's $1.07 ea
1 Right Guard Xtreme Power Gel $3.83 gold
1 Head & Shoulders $5.19 gold
2 Clear Care Rinse & Go $7.99 ea gold (This card had Clear Care partner offer: 300 PP wyb 1.)

Used 3219 PP and earned 3200PP (2000, 600 PP for Clear Care partner offer & 600 PP for monthly eye offer)
Should get S* for both Advils and Right Guard so ~ $5.50 MM.

rated:
sad news.  just checked my receipt.  Holiday M&M's didn't count towards SP. 

rated:
mr c great job taking the time to figure out those deals , green for you

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   
Right Guard Total Defense 5 Antiperspirant & Deodorant reg price $4.69, $3.79 gold; $1.50/1  L2c, $1.50 S*

This is the week to buy Advil Film Coated 80 ct.  Both the coupons and the S* expire on 1-15.  Qualifies for 4 different S* offers.
Allergy & Congestion Advil might also count towards Allergy Wellness program (2000 PP wyb $75).  Promo restarted Jan. 1 and runs all year. 
 

Received $10.50 from S* today:
Right Guard $1.50, Advil Allergy & Congestion $1 and Advil Film Coated 80 ct cleared for Save $3.00 on ANY ONE (1) Advil® Film-Coated 80ct or larger, Save $2.00 on ANY ONE (1) Advil® 80ct or larger, Save $1.00 on ANY ONE (1) Advil® or Advil® Migraine product 40ct or larger or on ANY Advil®PM product 20ct or larger and Save $2.00 on ANY ONE (1) Advil®PM 40ct or larger.

rated:
Here's what I did, since we don't get Unilever coupons in the paper or the I-caps coupons, plus we use Osteo Bi-Flex:

1st trans:
2 Thermacares, $7.39 + $3.69 - $3 L2C coupon (did it separately because of the b1g150% and Centrum is more expensive) total $8.08 + $0.66 sales tax

2 trans:
1 Centrum 80 ct $9.49 - $4 coupon (Red Plum was better than the L2C)
1 Caltrate - $4.74 - $4 L2C
1 Osteo Bi-Flex Ease $26.99 - $5 Red Plum
1 Osteo Bi-Flex Free - $5 L2C
Total $23.22 + $2.47 tax

Got back 2000 PP and $10 from Saving Star for the Centrum, Caltrate, and Thermacare
 

rated:
melachri said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   
melachri said:   
my4mainecoons said:   
melachri said:   Check your register receipts. I received a $2 Thermacare RC49 coupon last week, which will stack.

Though one bummer is that I noticed that on the past couple of RA transactions, they (RA) were charging sales tax on the pre-coupon value, i.e., not reducing the taxable value by the amount of the coupon. This happened when the coupon was scanned, so it's obviously part of the programming in the register. This must have changed recently. What I don't know is if this is a change in Pennsylvania law, or a re-interpretation by RA (or PA) of the way RA implements PA law.

 




  

any update on this melachri?

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   
melachri said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   
melachri said:   
my4mainecoons said:   
melachri said:   Check your register receipts. I received a $2 Thermacare RC49 coupon last week, which will stack.

Though one bummer is that I noticed that on the past couple of RA transactions, they (RA) were charging sales tax on the pre-coupon value, i.e., not reducing the taxable value by the amount of the coupon. This happened when the coupon was scanned, so it's obviously part of the programming in the register. This must have changed recently. What I don't know is if this is a change in Pennsylvania law, or a re-interpretation by RA (or PA) of the way RA implements PA law.





  

any update on this melachri?

  
Funny you should ask--just got back from RA for this week's last trip. Only thing that was taxable on the receipt was the two bottles of Vaseline Intensive Care for $4.49 and $2.24. Both MQs were coded as "MERCHANDISE MANUF COUPON", but the values were listed as 2.00-T. Result was the tax was accrued on the net after coupon (as it always had been) for a total of 15 cents. I had never called RA corporate about it on my last receipts, but it looks like maybe it's fixed.

P.S. Just realized that last night's receipt (for Right Guard) also did the tax correctly: $3.75 price (after 20% Gold) minus the $1.50 L2C, and sales tax of 14 cents. Interestingly, the L2C doesn't say "tax" anywhere--even the value is just 1.50-. But the 14 cents tax matches the net $2.25, not the $3.75T for the item.

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   
my4mainecoons said:   
Right Guard Total Defense 5 Antiperspirant & Deodorant reg price $4.69, $3.79 gold; $1.50/1  L2c, $1.50 S*

This is the week to buy Advil Film Coated 80 ct.  Both the coupons and the S* expire on 1-15.  Qualifies for 4 different S* offers.
Allergy & Congestion Advil might also count towards Allergy Wellness program (2000 PP wyb $75).  Promo restarted Jan. 1 and runs all year. 

Received $10.50 from S* today:
Right Guard $1.50, Advil Allergy & Congestion $1 and Advil Film Coated 80 ct cleared for Save $3.00 on ANY ONE (1) Advil® Film-Coated 80ct or larger, Save $2.00 on ANY ONE (1) Advil® 80ct or larger, Save $1.00 on ANY ONE (1) Advil® or Advil® Migraine product 40ct or larger or on ANY Advil®PM product 20ct or larger and Save $2.00 on ANY ONE (1) Advil®PM 40ct or larger.

  
Looks like mine will be similar. I did the basic deal that Mr. C suggested, but swapped out the Dove body wash for the Right Guard. And then add in the $2 RC49 from last week's register receipt. Total purchase value was $50.27. (My Caltrate was only $4.74 after 50% off.) MQs (including L2C and RC49) were $23, so OOP was $27.27. S* qualifications are $20.50 (based on the app's bar code scanner), and the $20 in PP is on the receipt. Even including the sales tax of 14 cents last night and the 15 cents tonight, that's a MM of $12.94.

Edit: Fixing a math error--MQs were only $22.50. But S* is confirmed, and posted to my account. So net MM is $12.44.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017