• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Someone on LRWC posted that they got $8 in Savingstar rebates (a total of 4 offers) for buying one bottle of 80 count Advil Film Coated tablets. Stop & Shop and Giant have this on sale for $7.99 this week, and they also have a deal where you get $5 off your order when you spend $15 in qualifying items, of which the Advil is included. The 14 count Nexium is also part of this deal, on sale for $9.99. Nexium has a total of $4 in qualifying Savingstar rebates, one of which expires this Sunday 1/8. There was a $3 coupon in this past Sunday's Redplum, or you can print one from their website. Nexium had a $2 coupon in the 11/13 Red Plum, or you can print a $1 coupon on the RP site. Oh, and you may have a $3 e-coupon for any size Nexium (I did).

The math -- $7.99 + 9.99 = $17.98 - $5 instant savings - $3 Nexium e-coupon - $3 Advil coupon - $2 Nexium coupon = $4.98. Get back a total of $12 in Savingstar rebates, making it $7 better than free if you have all of the coupons and Savingstar offers.

The sale is actually on until 1/12, but it will be $3 worse after 1/8 because of one expiring Nexium S* offer and the $1 coupon instead of $2.

If you don't have the Nexium offers you could buy something different to get over $15. You can even buy 2 Advil's, the second one will be free with the $3 coupon and $5 instant savings.

If this is all too difficult for you, or you don't have S&S or Giant, Target and WalMart sell the Advil for around $9 so $2 better than free after the $3 coupon, if you have all of the Savingstar offers. It does not appear that Shoprite sells the 80 count film-coated product, so buying it there is not an option.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
This is a great post, Bill!

I made a 2017 resolution to pay down my PayPal credit bill entirely (or at least mostly) with money earned from SavingStar and rebates instead of my work income.

I have until July to pay down $150 so every little bit helps with these SS deals.

rated:
Did the deal at SnS...

The $3 Advil coupon attached to the Nexium and the $1 Nexium coupon attached to the Advil. No issues otherwise. Both IPs scanned fine and eQ worked along with $5 IS.

Now I wait for the SS rebates!

rated:
PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   The $3 Advil coupon attached to the Nexium and the $1 Nexium coupon attached to the Advil. No issues otherwise. Both IPs scanned fine and eQ worked along with $5 IS.

Yes, it did that on one of my orders yesterday. It seems to depend on what item is scanned first since it was different on my 2 orders. So it's possible you could use 2 Advil coupons and both would work. The one time I tried that (because I noticed it on a previous order), I must have scanned in the wrong order because the second coupon beeped.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017