Stop & Shop heads up

Archived From: Grocery & Drugstore
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
As of today, you may no longer use a paper coupon and an S&S Loaded To Card coupon on the same item. If you already loaded an electronic coupon you may NOT use a paper one even if it is a higher value.

You will need to get a brand new S&S card, call corp to not link them, and do not add any electronic coupons to the new card.

What a PITA.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I read on another site that using a paper coupon kicks out the digital one. Or is it the other way around?

wow, heartbroken.  9 out of 10 times paper coupons will be equal to or better than the digital ones from my experience.

A little confused.   If the card is not linked, will both the digital and paper coupon then work?

If you have better paper coupons, then you can decline to use your card...just push forgot card on SCO screen and you'll still get the sale price/discounts, etc.

I take it this is the same for Giant PA?

Why do you need a new card? you have control of clipping Q's to your card, so just don't clip them if you have a better paper Q.

MISTERCHEAP said:   I take it this is the same for Giant PA?

Why do you need a new card? you have control of clipping Q's to your card, so just don't clip them if you have a better paper Q.

The problem is you can't unclip them if you find a better paper coupon at a later date.  And if you wait to clip, the eCoupon may be gone.

They really need to allow unclipping.  Or at least knock off the eCoupon if you use a paper coupon (as they do at Rite Aid ). 

PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   I read on another site that using a paper coupon kicks out the digital one. Or is it the other way around?
The other way around.

discretion said:   As of today, you may no longer use a paper coupon and an S&S Loaded To Card coupon on the same item. If you already loaded an electronic coupon you may NOT use a paper one even if it is a higher value.

You will need to get a brand new S&S card, call corp to not link them, and do not add any electronic coupons to the new card.

What a PITA.

So what specifically will happen if I use a paper coupon for something that also has a digital coupon? Will the register completely refuse the paper coupon???? They need to make it work like Safeway and Rite Aid where the paper coupon will automatically knock out the digital coupon.

roy7736 said:   discretion said:   As of today, you may no longer use a paper coupon and an S&S Loaded To Card coupon on the same item. If you already loaded an electronic coupon you may NOT use a paper one even if it is a higher value.

What a PITA.

So what specifically will happen if I use a paper coupon for something that also has a digital coupon? Will the register completely refuse the paper coupon???? They need to make it work like Safeway and Rite Aid where the paper coupon will automatically knock out the digital coupon.

Correct, system will knock out Paper coupon.

SnS and Giant are now only good for freebies and Instant Savings.

Their prices are not good at all, but with IS and coupons, they become decent.

PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   
roy7736 said:   
discretion said:   As of today, you may no longer use a paper coupon and an S&S Loaded To Card coupon on the same item. If you already loaded an electronic coupon you may NOT use a paper one even if it is a higher value.

What a PITA.

So what specifically will happen if I use a paper coupon for something that also has a digital coupon? Will the register completely refuse the paper coupon???? They need to make it work like Safeway and Rite Aid  where the paper coupon will automatically knock out the digital coupon.

Correct, system will knock out Paper coupon.

SnS and Giant are now only good for freebies and Instant Savings.

Their prices are not good at all, but with IS and coupons, they become decent.

The only thing giant at Giant are the prices!

Went into Stop&Shop last week. I used a $2 coupon for two 64 Oz of Silk Almond Dark Chocolate, and the ecoupon for $2 off two Silk, It worked! (I used my old S&S card)
I paid $2 for both. I will go in tomorrow, and see if the coupon, and the ecoupon both work. I have to buy Tai Pei, and other things. Maybe it's not at all S&S's?

Today I went to Stop&Shop. Used a paper coupon for $1 off 2 Tai Pei, and the ecoupon for $1 off 2 Tai Pei. They both worked, with the Cashier!

Marvinomatic said:   Today I went to Stop&Shop. Used a paper coupon for $1 off 2 Tai Pei, and the ecoupon for $1 off 2 Tai Pei. They both worked, with the Cashier!
Either they changed it back or your store hasn't had the update...are you in NJ?

PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   
Marvinomatic said:   Today I went to Stop&Shop. Used a paper coupon for $1 off 2 Tai Pei, and the ecoupon for $1 off 2 Tai Pei. They both worked, with the Cashier!
Either they changed it back or your store hasn't had the update...are you in NJ?

Yes, Central Jersey. Time is frozen, here! LOL  

Marvinomatic said:   
PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   

Did that store ever disable stacking?

PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   
Marvinomatic said:   
PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   

I don't work for Stop&Shop!   

Marvinomatic said:   PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   
Marvinomatic said:   
PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   

Gave you a red lol

I meant have you noticed in your shopping experiences there any change? Lmao

PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   
Marvinomatic said:   
PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   
Marvinomatic said:   
PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   

Gave you a red lol

I meant have you noticed in your shopping experiences there any change? Lmao

I didn't notice any change at all. The old store was small, and they closed it down. Then Stein mart moved in. They built a a supersize Stop&Shop in the next shopping center, about 15 yrs ago.

The new store is infinite, if your walking around, and around the corners! LOL  

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017