SAVINGSTAR: New February Offers now up to clip (great offer, $5 back/off on 4 Progresso Soups - double dip)

Archived From: Grocery & Drugstore
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
www.savingstar.com 

there are TWO Progresso offers, $1 back on 2, $2 back on 4. You'll get $3 back on 4 soups, stacked with $2 off 4 Q at www.bettycrocker.com (log in reqd), EQ's and a sale, definitely a MM!

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Since you mentioned that you bought Sargento cheese, please check the info about this new Sargento cheese recall:

https:/... (more)

roy7736 (Feb. 11, 2017 @ 11:00a) |

Just went there and bought four cans. Got the $2 e-coupon--we'll see in a few days about the S* deals. And as you said, ... (more)

melachri (Feb. 12, 2017 @ 7:27p) |

I can confirm that I got the $2.00 from S* even though I used an e-coupon and a paper coupon for the Progresso soups at ... (more)

roy7736 (Feb. 14, 2017 @ 7:55p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Is this deal for this week or next or whenever?

Looks like Progresso soups are $2.29 each this week...I'm not calculating any MM

Don't have any Progresso eQ anyway... (sad face)

PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   Is this deal for this week or next or whenever?

Looks like Progresso soups are $2.29 each this week...I'm not calculating any MM

no, for some future sale. Sure someone will have them $1 ea or 4/$5 before too long.

at $1ea, 4 would be a $1mm. or better with an EQ.

There is a 50 cent eQ coming...consider not clipping it...as it could mess up Saving Star....based on new issue we've experienced...Superpretzel S* offer didnt work due to eQ

PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   There is a 50 cent eQ coming...consider not clipping it...as it could mess up Saving Star....based on new issue we've experienced...Superpretzel S* offer didnt work due to eQ

can you expound on this, what do you mean "didn't work due to". you could not clip it or you didn't get credit for it?

MISTERCHEAP said:   
PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   There is a 50 cent eQ coming...consider not clipping it...as it could mess up Saving Star....based on new issue we've experienced...Superpretzel S* offer didnt work due to eQ

can you expound on this, what do you mean "didn't work due to". you could not clip it or you didn't get credit for it?

You haven't read about this issue on SD or LRWC?

Many who did the Superpretzel deal with eQ @ SR didn't get the S* credit (I had this issue too)...possibly only an issue for 1/1 offers on SavingStar...we'll see

So I bought one on Sunday with eQ - no SS rebate...

I bought another on same account with no eQ but with an IP on Tuesday - still no SS rebate...hmmm..maybe a coding issue?

PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   So I bought one on Sunday with eQ - no SS rebate...

I bought another on same account with no eQ but with an IP on Tuesday - still no SS rebate...hmmm..maybe a coding issue?

I had that happen to me a while back except I used a paper manufacturer coupon and I scanned the receipt. Evidently Savingstar is starting to crack down on double dipping.

PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

Many who did the Superpretzel deal with eQ @ SR didn't get the S* credit (I had this issue too)...possibly only an issue for 1/1 offers on SavingStar...we'll see

Coffee, if I read about it would I be asking? You know I was out of the loop, PM'ed you about a while ago.

MISTERCHEAP said:   PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

Coffee, if I read about it would I be asking? You know I was out of the loop, PM'ed you about a while ago.

I don't think I like your tone.

PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   
PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

UGH! where's imanemokid when you really need him??

MISTERCHEAP said:   
PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   
PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

UGH! where's imanemokid when you really need him??

Does that guy post anymore or lurk?
SnS has progresso this week for $1.50 each

and there is a $1/2

Shoprite has the veggie classics on sale for $1.50. There is a SR E-Q for 2 soups for $2. This is on page 1 of next weeks ad, which I received in the Red Plumb mailer.

As to emokid, he's not logged in at all for many months. So, if he is still around, he hasn't logged in to his account in quite a while.

Regarding the comments about SavingStar, I wondered how long the honeymoon would last. Guess they are finally refusing to pay if you used another Q from another source.

SweetClover said:   Shoprite has the veggie classics on sale for $1.50. There is a SR E-Q for 2 soups for $2. This is on page 1 of next weeks ad, which I received in the Red Plumb mailer.

As to emokid, he's not logged in at all for many months. So, if he is still around, he hasn't logged in to his account in quite a while.

Regarding the comments about SavingStar, I wondered how long the honeymoon would last. Guess they are finally refusing to pay if you used another Q from another source.

Yeah, emo disappeared into the night one day.  never to  be heard from again. 

I can understand the SStar thing on one time use redemptions (ie, get 50c for buying a box of cereal, and you used a 50c EQ on the transaction) but I wonder how it will play out with $/$$ spend offers. You still often times have a dig coupon for at least one or two of the items towards spend qualify, not to mention paper/IP Q's.  Wonder how they will work those.

nemo disappeared around the time q.com updated software so could no longer print in VM...

my4mainecoons said:   nemo disappeared around the time q.com updated software so could no longer print in VM...

Find Nemo...

I think the last straw was MisterCheap winning FW man of the year award...

Upon learning of the news, NemoKid decided to rip up his library card (where he would print coupons en masse with help of the elderly)

I haven't read about any issues either.  I did buy the Dial bodywash a few weeks ago, used Kroger digital coupon and got no S* rebate.  Sent them an email and they issued me the $4.49 and didn't say anything about using coupons with rebates.  If this is the case nationwide, no rebates when using coupons, then S* won't be worth it for the most part.  It was fun while it lasted.  I bought Sargento cheese (both rebate kinds) and used coupons for all, the WalMart receipt went fine, the Kroger receipt only counted for half of what I was expecting towards the goal.  Didn't push that though, we buy enough cheese that it won't matter.  For the time being, I will stick to WalMart to do the S* rebates since they have no digital coupon relationship with S*.

briarycliffs said:   I haven't read about any issues either.  I did buy the Dial bodywash a few weeks ago, used Kroger digital coupon and got no S* rebate.  Sent them an email and they issued me the $4.49 and didn't say anything about using coupons with rebates.  If this is the case nationwide, no rebates when using coupons, then S* won't be worth it for the most part.  It was fun while it lasted.  I bought Sargento cheese (both rebate kinds) and used coupons for all, the WalMart receipt went fine, the Kroger receipt only counted for half of what I was expecting towards the goal.  Didn't push that though, we buy enough cheese that it won't matter.  For the time being, I will stick to WalMart to do the S* rebates since they have no digital coupon relationship with S*.
 I take what I said back. I did run into an issue but that was with Checkout 51. They said I couldn't get their rebate and use a man Q in the same transaction.

Shaw's has Progresso Light Creamy Alfredo Pasta soup on clearance.
Rang up at $1.25 ea.
Bought 4 ($5) and used $2/4 ip. 
Received $1 and $2 from S* for free soup.

Acme has Progresso "Traditional or Rich & Hearty" soups on sale at 5 for $5 starting tomorrow. Doesn't explicitly say you have to buy five, though it does say Limit 1 Offer. There's a $2 on 4 MyMixx coupon available. Will be a $1 MM on a purchase of four, or break-even if they make you purchase five to get the sale price.

melachri said:   Acme has Progresso "Traditional or Rich & Hearty" soups on sale at 5 for $5 starting tomorrow. Doesn't explicitly say you have to buy five, though it does say Limit 1 Offer. There's a $2 on 4 MyMixx coupon available. Will be a $1 MM on a purchase of four, or break-even if they make you purchase five to get the sale price.
 You can't stack MyMixx w/ mq, correct?  No different from using the $2/4 ip?  
The Limit 1 offer is really limited by S*.
Shaw's has MyMixx but I never signed up, still use my old Shaw's card for S*.  

my4mainecoons said:   
melachri said:   Acme has Progresso "Traditional or Rich & Hearty" soups on sale at 5 for $5 starting tomorrow. Doesn't explicitly say you have to buy five, though it does say Limit 1 Offer. There's a $2 on 4 MyMixx coupon available. Will be a $1 MM on a purchase of four, or break-even if they make you purchase five to get the sale price.
 You can't stack MyMixx w/ mq, correct?  No different from using the $2/4 ip?  
The Limit 1 offer is really limited by S*.
Shaw's has MyMixx but I never signed up, still use my old Shaw's card for S*.  

I'm not aware of a conflict between MyMixx and S*. They're clearly not tied to the same back end (like S* and Plenti are), as I could sign up for the Progresso offers on both systems. I seem to remember a similar deal with Old El Paso products where I did both. But yes, the deal is the same as the $2/4 IP other than that you don't have to print it. And I do know that if you use a paper coupon at checkout it overrides the MyMixx coupon on the same product.

And the Limit 1 offer is stated in the Acme ad, which doesn't mention either S* or MyMixx. I don't know why it's limited, but I doubt it's related to S*.

Don't have to buy 5 to get the sale price.

Hopefully this will work since S* has started not crediting offers when you use an e-coupon, although I think it's still working on multiple item purchase deals.

I was just thinking, if S* starts refusing payment when you use a paper Q, is it the bar code on the Q that their software detects, that results in the refusal? I'm just wondering how would they know if you used a paper Q?

I have been using Shoprite's home delivery service. The delivery fee is the same I'd pay for bus fare, and it's a lot more convenient. I can wipe out the personal shopper fee by using one of the coupon code deals they have, most are for $10 off.

My Q's aren't scanned on my order, so S* has no way of knowing I use them. The Q's are given to the delivery guy, who takes them back to the store and hands them over to a dept employee, who processes them later that day, or the next morning. They send me an email with the total, and it is issued as a credit that is automatically subtracted from my next order. The Q's are never on my receipt.

I guess one way of looking to get around it, if S* goes that route, is to use the webgrocer website to place an order, use one of the coupon code deals to wipe out the personal shopper fee, and choose 'pickup' before submitting. Since I've never done pickup, I don't know if they scan your Q's when you pickup, and only then finalize your order, or if they do the same as delivery, and process them later with a credit issued on a future order. I guess someone will have to try it out and see. If the deal is one that yields a good savings, even a moneymaker, but only if you can use both S* & paper Q's, and your Q's aren't scanned prior to payment at the pickup kiosk - it would give you a workaround.

When Acme, under their previous owner, had webgrocer, I did pickup. My sister's BF would pickup my order when he and my sister would shop there. I gave my sis an envie with my Q's, which Acme would scan prior to processing payment. The Q's were on my receipt. SR might do the same thing.

I used paper Q's, S* & e-Q's on today's order. I'll have to see what happened with the S* & e-Q's.

DE SR's had a bunch of freebies this week, with $50 order. Fresh baked Cherry pie,, Entemann's Little Bites, 5lb bag of white, Idaho, red or Yukon Gold spuds ( I got the Yukon Gold), and SR refrigerated crescent rolls. I still have white potatoes from a freebie back before Xmas, that I'm eating.

briarycliffs said:   I haven't read about any issues either.  I did buy the Dial bodywash a few weeks ago, used Kroger digital coupon and got no S* rebate.  Sent them an email and they issued me the $4.49 and didn't say anything about using coupons with rebates.  If this is the case nationwide, no rebates when using coupons, then S* won't be worth it for the most part.  It was fun while it lasted.  I bought Sargento cheese (both rebate kinds) and used coupons for all, the WalMart receipt went fine, the Kroger receipt only counted for half of what I was expecting towards the goal.  Didn't push that though, we buy enough cheese that it won't matter.  For the time being, I will stick to WalMart to do the S* rebates since they have no digital coupon relationship with S*.
Since you mentioned that you bought Sargento cheese, please check the info about this new Sargento cheese recall:

https://info.sargento.com/ 

Also, a few days ago I bought 4 Progresso soups at Giant and used a $1 off 2 e-coupon and a $2 off 4 mfr's paper coupon (which worked fine together because the $1 off 2 was a store coupon). Will be interesting to see if I get the S* credit for it (Giant purchases usually get credited on the following Tuesday night).

billrubin said:   
Don't have to buy 5 to get the sale price.

Hopefully this will work since S* has started not crediting offers when you use an e-coupon, although I think it's still working on multiple item purchase deals.

Just went there and bought four cans. Got the $2 e-coupon--we'll see in a few days about the S* deals. And as you said, you don't have to buy five cans to get the $1 price. Turns out the limit is really that the first (up to) five cans are $1, and all the rest are at $1.25 (which is still a sale price). Most of the time Acme (in my experience) has deals that require you to buy a certain number to get a price break, but this is not that case. 

roy7736 said:   

Also, a few days ago I bought 4 Progresso soups at Giant and used a $1 off 2 e-coupon and a $2 off 4 mfr's paper coupon (which worked fine together because the $1 off 2 was a store coupon). Will be interesting to see if I get the S* credit for it (Giant purchases usually get credited on the following Tuesday night).

I can confirm that I got the $2.00 from S* even though I used an e-coupon and a paper coupon for the Progresso soups at Giant.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017