• filter:

BOOZE! Revised Saving Star Healthy Offer Program Change thread

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Dear SavingStar Member,

Starting in June, our Healthy Offers of the Week will change. Instead of being available to everyone, Healthy Offers of the Week will be a benefit for members who redeem 2 or more qualifying offers the prior month. In order to achieve and maintain access, redeem at least 2 qualifying offers each calendar month and we'll unlock a whole month of Healthy Offers of the Week for you the next month.

Redeem at least 2 qualifying offers in May to unlock all Healthy Offers in June!
Y

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
S* has really gone downhill. time to abort.

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   Dear SavingStar Member,

Starting in June, our Healthy Offers of the Week will change. Instead of being available to everyone, Healthy Offers of the Week will be a benefit for members who redeem 2 or more qualifying offers the prior month. In order to achieve and maintain access, redeem at least 2 qualifying offers each calendar month and we'll unlock a whole month of Healthy Offers of the Week for you the next month.

Redeem at least 2 qualifying offers in May to unlock all Healthy Offers in June!

what a crock. I used to do the offers much more often when they paid 20% up to a max of $2. now you get a quarter for buying a watermelon or asparagus. why bother?   I've gotten a free banana or a free tomato here and there at 25c but for the most part, I don't even activate most of the offers.

rated:
Time to cash out my dough and call it a day. After the email exchange*** I had with them about using SS and Shoprite e-coupons, why bother using SS? Rather get the money back on my shopping trip, than wait to get the money at SS, and enough to cash out. SS has so little for me to even bother with. Which begs the question, if you redeem 2 offers at SR, instead of SS, does that count towards the limit for the Healthy Offer?

*** Can post the replies if anybody wants to know what they said.

rated:
SweetClover said:   Time to cash out my dough and call it a day. After the email exchange*** I had with them about using SS and Shoprite e-coupons, why bother using SS? Rather get the money back on my shopping trip, than wait to get the money at SS, and enough to cash out. SS has so little for me to even bother with. Which begs the question, if you redeem 2 offers at SR, instead of SS, does that count towards the limit for the Healthy Offer?

*** Can post the replies if anybody wants to know what they said.

I'm not abandoning SS yet, still get some offers come through at ShopRite (the $/$$ offers, like Ortega this week) and some of the HBA deals at RA or CVS. But my totals are way down since the first of the year, when my cash out amount was usually $40-50 every 6-8 weeks. Now I'm lucky to have $15-20 in that same time period.    as far as your healthy offer, isn't that mainly produce? it's rare there's an EQ for produce at ShopRite so wouldn't be a factor.

rated:
I rarely buy the Healthy Offer-- perhaps 4 times in the past year.
Most of my earnings are at drug store.  If they started blocking RA eq's (L2c) due to S*, I'd just use paper.

My total for April so far is $34.50 and will be adding another $6 today.
So while it may be less than its been its still $40 just for swiping my card.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Healthy Offers went away entirely.
Remember Friday Freebies changed to require 6 offers redeemed to get advance warning?
Can't recall the last Freebie.

rated:
MrC, the reason for not double-dipping SS & SR offers for the same item, is because SS is a partner with SR, so many SR e-Q's are actually SS offers. What I was wondering, is if you choose to use the SR e-Q's, which take the money off of your totals, instead of the equivalent SS offers, which rebate you the money, will that still count for SS purposes towards the requirements for the Healthy Offer? Or do you have to forgo the SR e-Q in favor of the SS rebate instead, to receive the Healthy Offer? Of course, SS told me that we were never supposed to be able to double-dip - it was always one or the other. Also, if you used the SR offer, but not the SS one at SR, you can still use the SS one at another store.

rated:
SweetClover said:   MrC, the reason for not double-dipping SS & SR offers for the same item, is because SS is a partner with SR, so many SR e-Q's are actually SS offers. What I was wondering, is if you choose to use the SR e-Q's, which take the money off of your totals, instead of the equivalent SS offers, which rebate you the money, will that still count for SS purposes towards the requirements for the Healthy Offer? Or do you have to forgo the SR e-Q in favor of the SS rebate instead, to receive the Healthy Offer? Of course, SS told me that we were never supposed to be able to double-dip - it was always one or the other. Also, if you used the SR offer, but not the SS one at SR, you can still use the SS one at another store.

Clover, 

I'm confused what you mean by "Healthy Offers"? if you mean the produce items (like fresh asparagus or loose onions by the lb), there simply aren't ShopRite EQ's for those to really worry about. or so rare that it simply isn't a problem.

If you mean 'price plus' savings that come off, ie, shelf price $1.49 lb of tomatoes, on sale for 99c a lb, so 50c a lb comes off, no, that savings is not considered an elec. coupon and you'd still earn the savingstar.

To be honest, there's never any harm in clipping both anyway, the ShopRite ones take priority, if Savingstar detects an SR EQ used on the same item, it simply won't credit it, but every now and then, depending how an EQ hits an item, you still get credit for both.   So I wouldn't over-think it as there's really no downside to clipping SStar offers even if they don't credit due to an SR EQ on the same item.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   
SweetClover said:   MrC, the reason for not double-dipping SS & SR offers for the same item, is because SS is a partner with SR, so many SR e-Q's are actually SS offers. What I was wondering, is if you choose to use the SR e-Q's, which take the money off of your totals, instead of the equivalent SS offers, which rebate you the money, will that still count for SS purposes towards the requirements for the Healthy Offer? Or do you have to forgo the SR e-Q in favor of the SS rebate instead, to receive the Healthy Offer? Of course, SS told me that we were never supposed to be able to double-dip - it was always one or the other. Also, if you used the SR offer, but not the SS one at SR, you can still use the SS one at another store.

Clover, 

I'm confused what you mean by "Healthy Offers"? if you mean the produce items (like fresh asparagus or loose onions by the lb), there simply aren't ShopRite EQ's for those to really worry about. or so rare that it simply isn't a problem.

If you mean 'price plus' savings that come off, ie, shelf price $1.49 lb of tomatoes, on sale for 99c a lb, so 50c a lb comes off, no, that savings is not considered an elec. coupon and you'd still earn the savingstar.

To be honest, there's never any harm in clipping both anyway, the ShopRite ones take priority, if Savingstar detects an SR EQ used on the same item, it simply won't credit it, but every now and then, depending how an EQ hits an item, you still get credit for both.   So I wouldn't over-think it as there's really no downside to clipping SStar offers even if they don't credit due to an SR EQ on the same item.

Ugh, seems I'm not explaining this right. The Healthy Offer is the SS offer in the OP. But SS partners with SR, so the same items with same discounts are offered by both SS and SR. You can either do the SS offer, for cashback, or the SR offer, for discount off your order. To count towards the minimum for SS Healthy Offer, must you do the required minimum only on the SS website, or will SS take into account your redemption of the offer through SR? If you have to go through SS, then the SR offers taking priority will cancel out the SS ones, and you will not meet the required minimum, and therefore not be offered the SS Healthy Offer. This isn't just SR, SS partners with other stores using e-Q's. SS hasn't made clear if we have to redeem the offer directly on the SS website, or will they accept redemption of SS partner-provided e-Q's from their partner stores such as SR, in order to qualify for the SS Healthy Offer. This isn't about SR e-Q's in general, this is about the ones powered & provided by SS to SR loyalty card users.

rated:
Great news, we've updated the way you earn cash back on alcohol offers*! Now you can submit a receipt from any liquor store, not just retailers that participate with SavingStar.

Simply follow these steps to redeem:

• Choose "Any Liquor Store" as your retailer when submitting a receipt
  • Follow the instructions to verify your items
  • Snap a picture of your receipt

eta: there's something wrong with decreasing benefits for fresh fruits & veggies but increasing benefit to buying booze

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   Great news, we've updated the way you earn cash back on alcohol offers*! Now you can submit a receipt from any liquor store, not just retailers that participate with SavingStar.

Simply follow these steps to redeem:

• Choose "Any Liquor Store" as your retailer when submitting a receipt
  • Follow the instructions to verify your items
  • Snap a picture of your receipt

eta: there's something wrong with decreasing benefits for fresh fruits & veggies but increasing benefit to buying booze

this is prohibited in many states, many won't see these offers.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017