• filter:

CVS mfr e-coupon (load to card/digital) growing pains

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Hello,

Pretty much all of the major retailers have gone to mfr e-coupons. I know many of the manufacturers are promoting them too in their email and marketing campaigns. We are probably not too far from the halting of Sunday paper coupons (probably accelerated by the selling of high value coupons on online channels). Eventually, this may allow e-commerce to work with these chains where if I can't use my deals, why would I order online?

However, CVS is for me the newest retailer to put mfr e-coupons on their app. I have yet to see one of those e-coupons come through at checkout. This week it was the Dawn 25 cents (promoted in the ad directly) and the Colgate mouthwash (MM with e-coupon/sale price/ECB). Walgreens and Safeway/Kroger usually will do a make good credit when the coupons don't come through, but CVS has been pretty strict - no make good credit and they don't want to take the liability of bad sku/upc databases or whatever. I am very careful to make sure I have no conflicting paper coupons.

I feel CVS didn't test this well or should have tested this with the real consumers who know how to do these deals. I know I can't be the only one here, and I am sure when a deal coupon doesn't go through, they get plenty of calls. Perhaps the value of such situations is not worth the conversation, but I am happy to think twice before going to CVS anticipating a mfr e-coupon going through. I likely already have that feeling at Walgreens and perhaps have euphoria when the digital coupon works.

I was frankly surprised how strict CVS has become, but I read that as a result of the coupon nonsense that has been happening these past few years. I have to give the most props to Safeway/Albertsons J4U who allow you to scan the item on the app to see if the coupon matches up. That gives me the most leverage in deciding if I want to do a deal and allows me to feel more confident especially when I am dealing with store and mfr coupons together.

Rasheed

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I can't even get the app to reflect my correct CVS#

rated:
Had the same issue with a manu e-coup. Is it the same problem with other CVS coups? Agree about how strict CVS has become, a la wags. Manager said to call, but I insisted they modify price or I'll fill out survey.

I think we should fill out surveys re: this. Is it an instant timing issue?

rated:
The Dawn deal worked for me last night.

On sale for .99, minus .25 printed coupon from the red kiosk, minus .25 coupon from the app (I hit "send to card"), plus .09 tax = .58

In general all the app coupons have worked for me, but a couple seem to have disappeared before I got a chance to use them.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017