posted 48 years ago by
function69
Dismembered Member

CheaperThanDirt has it for $510 plus shipping. My shipping came out to only $10.
This is the so-called commercial model, which in my opinion is preferable to the civilian.
It's the cheapest price on the web for the Beretta (including gun auctions and classifieds),
plus very reasonable shipping. You can also use a credit card - none of that typical gun store cash/check only BS.
If like me you always wanted one, then it's a perfect time to get it. I'm sure these won't last at this price.

Link

Some cool info:

BERETTA U.S.A. RELIABILITY AND DURABILITY STATISTICS FOR THE BERETTA 9mm PISTOL.
o The average reliability of all M9 pistols tested at Beretta U.S.A. is 17,500 rounds without a stoppage.
o During one test of twelve pistols fired at Beretta U.S.A. before Army supervision, Beretta-made M9 pistols shot 168,000 rounds without a single malfunction.
o The Beretta 9mm pistol was the most reliable of all pistols tested in the 1984 competition which resulted in the award of the M9 contract to Beretta.
Two-thirds of all M9 pistols endurance tested at Beretta U.S.A. fired 5,000 rounds without a single mal function or, at most, with only one malfunction.
The average durability of Beretta M9 slides is over 35,000 rounds, the point at which U.S. Army testing ceases.
The average durability of M9 frames is over 30,000 rounds. The average durability of M9 locking blocks is 22,000 rounds.

Views
37 Comments
Add Comment
in for one thanks op

Sweet gun, and good price.

pretty, oh so pretty

http://beretta92fs.com is a free video tutorial on disassembly of M9.

why not get the hi cap version for the same money?
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemDetail.aspx?sku=2-BR92M9A0M

adrianlaza said:   why not get the hi cap version for the same money?

because some of us live in the great state of commifornia

jingerale said:   adrianlaza said:   why not get the hi cap version for the same money?

because some of us live in the great state of commifornia

ROFLOL

I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could.

Glad to see adrianlaza beat me to mentioning the 15-rd version. Nice that it's the same price. Pity it's not 18 rounds.

I was considering the Taurus PT92—–but at this price, why not get the real thing?

Looks like they also have good prices on hi-cap magazines for it too.

MidwayUSA or CDNN are other decent options:

Midway:
30 round - $24.99
18 round (no protrusion) - $26.99
20 round (protrudes a bit) - $28.99

or CDNN:
30 round - $12.99 (cheap, but doesn't look like the pro-mag version)
20 round - $29.99

honestly if you cant hit it in 15 rounds
your best option is a good pair of Nike's at that point

thegreatcheapone said:   honestly if you cant hit it in 15 rounds
your best option is a good pair of Nike's at that point
Probably true! But what of multiple its?

Likely in for the hi-cap version, just waiting for my wife to let me "pull the trigger." This is our standard issue and I have always wanted to buy one and spend more time at the rande; today might be the day. Thanks op.

Yep, it's nice that the hi-cap version is the same price, except I've read on several forums that the standard 15 round mags are crap. So I thought I'd get a 10rd one and some nicer 15rd mags later, if needed.

BTW, the price just went up $10 on both models and is now $520. Still beats other places though.

Green, in for one. Ever since my 92F got burgled from my Dad's house I've had a hankering to replace it. It was my first semi-auto pistol. Also, green for my Dad who covered most of the cost

website said can not ship to Commifornia at all!

jerry2003 said:   website said can not ship to Commifornia at all!Even for the 10rd version?

function69 said:   Yep, it's nice that the hi-cap version is the same price, except I've read on several forums that the standard 15 round mags are crap. So I thought I'd get a 10rd one and some nicer 15rd mags later, if needed. Rats, i should have realized čBay doesn't allow >10rd mags to be listed. I'm upgrading the mags to 18rd, so I should have just bought the 10rd gun to begin with! Is registering/selling on gunbroker a good experience compared to čBay? It looks pretty crummy; I can't even look at completed listings to see what the mags are going for.

Anyone want to buy my 15rd mag without a middle man? (PM me)

Protected by Beretta sign
Disclaimer
Very nice deal. I have a matched sequential pair of Beretta 92fs with the hi-mags. 19, err 38 rounds never felt so good in my hands.

Dotbody said:   function69 said:   Yep, it's nice that the hi-cap version is the same price, except I've read on several forums that the standard 15 round mags are crap. So I thought I'd get a 10rd one and some nicer 15rd mags later, if needed. Rats, i should have realized čBay doesn't allow >10rd mags to be listed. I'm upgrading the mags to 18rd, so I should have just bought the 10rd gun to begin with! Is registering/selling on gunbroker a good experience compared to čBay? It looks pretty crummy; I can't even look at completed listings to see what the mags are going for.

I have an account on Gunbroker. I purchased my 1911 Colt there and tried selling some accessories. It's OK, nothing special, the interface needs some getting used to, I agree . I believe they charge $2 to verify/register. Listing is free if I remember correctly and selling fee is reasonable compared to eBay. Traffic is not huge though, so YMMV.

function69 said:   Dotbody said:   function69 said:   Yep, it's nice that the hi-cap version is the same price, except I've read on several forums that the standard 15 round mags are crap. So I thought I'd get a 10rd one and some nicer 15rd mags later, if needed. Rats, i should have realized čBay doesn't allow >10rd mags to be listed. I'm upgrading the mags to 18rd, so I should have just bought the 10rd gun to begin with! Is registering/selling on gunbroker a good experience compared to čBay? It looks pretty crummy; I can't even look at completed listings to see what the mags are going for.

I have an account on Gunbroker. I purchased my 1911 Colt there and tried selling some accessories. It's OK, nothing special, the interface needs some getting used to, I agree . I believe they charge $2 to verify/register. Listing is free if I remember correctly and selling fee is reasonable compared to eBay. Traffic is not huge though, so YMMV.

registration is free if you use an ISP email.

I ordered this Tuesday and it'll be at my FFL on Thursday. Nice, speedy shipping.

daveem said:   I ordered this Tuesday and it'll be at my FFL on Thursday. Nice, speedy shipping.

Same here. How much was your shipping?

function69 said:   
Same here. How much was your shipping?

$10.99

HitLines said:   Very nice deal. I have a matched sequential pair of Beretta 92fs with the hi-mags. 19, err 38 rounds never felt so good in my hands.

Nice!
What grips are on those?

daveem said:   HitLines said:   Very nice deal. I have a matched sequential pair of Beretta 92fs with the hi-mags. 19, err 38 rounds never felt so good in my hands.

Nice!
What grips are on those?

I think those are Hogue rubber wrap-around grips.

I have those grips in light gray on my inox, shipped from Italy.

FYI, this came with two clips total. I was only expecting one. Not bad! And a nice firearm as well.

Thanks again OP!

HitLines said:   Very nice deal. I have a matched sequential pair of Beretta 92fs with the hi-mags. 19, err 38 rounds never felt so good in my hands.
I'm no scientist but I would think shooting 2 guns at once would generally decrease you accuracy over just using one...unless you're fighting zombies, in that case, feel free.

Dotbody said:   FYI, this came with two clips total. I was only expecting one. Not bad! And a nice firearm as well.

Thanks again OP!

actually it comes with zero clips

My dealer got the gun Thursday, but says the earliest he can meet is Monday, that wanker!

lordoffire said:   
I'm no scientist but I would think shooting 2 guns at once would generally decrease you accuracy over just using one...unless you're fighting zombies, in that case, feel free.

This guy seems to be doing a pretty decent job at firing dual berettas: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaUdyWUzjMk&feature=related

scubasteve said:   actually it comes with zero clips

How do you mean?

scubasteve's trying to correct my bad habit of calling magazines "clips". As he should too. So yes, the gun came with two mags!

Dotbody said:   scubasteve's trying to correct my bad habit of calling magazines "clips". As he should too. So yes, the gun came with two mags!

I see. It's very common to use these words interchangeably, but I guess this doesn't make it right.

Wiki says: "The detachable magazine is often controversially referred to as a clip" and "The term clip is commonly used to describe a firearm magazine, though this usage is technically incorrect."

a mag
Disclaimer

a clip
Disclaimer
function69 said:   This guy seems to be doing a pretty decent job at firing dual berettas: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaUdyWUzjMk&feature=related

That target was relatively close and he was shooting slowly. Usually the idea of having two guns is to be shooting 2x the bullets, he wasn't being any more "efficient" than someone could be with just one (and squeezing faster)....

function69 said:   Dotbody said:   scubasteve's trying to correct my bad habit of calling magazines "clips". As he should too. So yes, the gun came with two mags!

I see. It's very common to use these words interchangeably, but I guess this doesn't make it right.

Wiki says: "The detachable magazine is often controversially referred to as a clip" and "The term clip is commonly used to describe a firearm magazine, though this usage is technically incorrect."

let's do some editing....

Yup 2 mags and a M9 for $510 is hot. Picked mine up today and it looks great.

Been itching on getting myself one for some time, wish I ordered when it was 10 bucks cheaper. Oh well.

So buy it at $520. In the grand scheme, what's $10?

daveem said:   So buy it at $520. In the grand scheme, what's $10?

Because that's not the FW way of doing things?

function69 said:   daveem said:   HitLines said:   Very nice deal. I have a matched sequential pair of Beretta 92fs with the hi-mags. 19, err 38 rounds never felt so good in my hands.

Nice!
What grips are on those?

I think those are Hogue rubber wrap-around grips.

Function69 is right. I would recommend them.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017