• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Was offered 6 months /$25 but had to go through cancellation dept. as well.

Thanks for keeping the thread alive

rated:
What if I'm a new subscriber calling for the first time?

rated:
retrac said:   
scsiguru said:   Just renewed mine today for another $25/6 months.  Didn't even have to ask for it...they just offered and said it was the lowest discount they have right now.  Funny though..the CSR said they have 1-year/$99 and it was the most "convenient" plan since I wouldn't have to call so often.  Crazy!!
  Yeah, I'll make 1 or 2 calls a year to save $50

Or just click on the link they send after your subscription expires, and get the 6/$25 without having to call.

rated:
NEDeals said:   
retrac said:   
scsiguru said:   Just renewed mine today for another $25/6 months.  Didn't even have to ask for it...they just offered and said it was the lowest discount they have right now.  Funny though..the CSR said they have 1-year/$99 and it was the most "convenient" plan since I wouldn't have to call so often.  Crazy!!
  Yeah, I'll make 1 or 2 calls a year to save $50

Or just click on the link they send after your subscription renews, and get the 6/$25 without having to call.

Don't recall seeing anything about 6/$25 in the renewal link. I'll pay more attn. next time

rated:
retrac said:     Don't recall seeing anything about 6/$25 in the renewal link. I'll pay more attn. next time

They send it a few days after the subscription expires, not renews.  Sometimes it is for 5/$20 instead of 5/$25.  One more reason to NOT let your account remain on autorenewal.

rated:
Renewed today for 5 months/$25 + tax. Offered 1 year for $99 but rejected that. Checked with his supervisor and confirmed the $25 deal. Third time renewing.

rated:
a day late to do the XM radio hunka chunka dance so I had already been charged $207.86 (LOL!) so I called 866-518-3925 today...

Immediately went to cancellation dept, offered the $99/yr deal, declined, then I specifically asked for the 6 mon/$25 deal. They said its not available. I said if it is not available then I want to cancel. Well, they decided to call my bluff and literally started going down the path of cancellation, asking me to confirm termination of service. I stopped the CSR, and asked again was there any other deals available. Offered the 5 mon/$25 deal at that point so I took it.

Don't know how you guys get that "best" deal out there, seems like if I wanted to do that it will be excruciatingly difficult and may result in an radio outage. Never a simple process for me, sigh. Guess I get to do this again in August. Yay.

rated:
Was immediately offered my previous deal, 6/$25, no hassle.

rated:
The reminder that came from them to continue service that came with new car is an automatic offer of 5 months for $30.

rated:
I just called 866-635-2349....they were much less than helpful, and couldn't honor any promotions (even physical ones I was holding in my hand that I had been mailed). I had to threaten that I wanted to cancel, and repeat it to them (you must have to say it explicitly), and then they transferred me to cancellation department and offered me 1 year for $94 after tax.

rated:
I just renewed for the 6 months for $25. I said I wanted to cancel and let them make the offers, first 12 months for $94, then 6/$44, then the 6/$25. I just politely said no thank you to the higher offers. Frankly, I would not pay more than 6/$25 for the service and would have canceled if that price was not offered. I did choose the "Cancel" option from the automated phone tree. I called 1-866-635-2349.

rated:
jman1975 said:   a day late to do the XM radio hunka chunka dance so I had already been charged $207.86 (LOL!) so I called 866-518-3925 today...

Immediately went to cancellation dept, offered the $99/yr deal, declined, then I specifically asked for the 6 mon/$25 deal. They said its not available. I said if it is not available then I want to cancel. Well, they decided to call my bluff and literally started going down the path of cancellation, asking me to confirm termination of service. I stopped the CSR, and asked again was there any other deals available. Offered the 5 mon/$25 deal at that point so I took it.

Don't know how you guys get that "best" deal out there, seems like if I wanted to do that it will be excruciatingly difficult and may result in an radio outage. Never a simple process for me, sigh. Guess I get to do this again in August. Yay.

Wife was in the same situation including credit card being charged except she was not willing to accept their "best offer" and cancelled on March 6th and refund requested. March 10th received email offering 6 Months $24.99.

rated:
Let it cancel and they'll send you the email for either 5/$20 or 6/$25.

rated:
I just renewed for the $25 for 5 months with fees & taxes it came to $33.19. 1st offer I got was $99 plus tax that came to over $120. I said no then asked about the $25 promo, then she made the offer. A lot better than the $240 they were billing me for ,no way was I goin to pay it..... Much thanks for the post, so glad I found it..

rated:
Just renewed for $25 for 6 months.

rated:
whats the current deal on all access?

rated:
DelChuckles said:   Keep Listening with 6 Months for Only $25*
Save 71%!
There's so much music and talk to explore, but so little time. Subscribe for six months of the Sirius Select package for just $25* and enjoy over 130 channels. That's a 71% savings, and we'll also waive the activation fee. Act before June 30, 2012. Call the number to take advantage of this unbeatable deal.
Call To Get Started…
1-866-434-7429

The idea here is to call in the day before your plan ends, and renegotiate your deal! Remember, plans go to auto renew at full rate after promo ends, so watch your dates carefully. It works, even if you do not have a new activation, they want to keep you as a customer.

* OFFER DETAILS: Activate a prepaid semi-annual (6-month) subscription on a Sirius Select subscription package, pay only $24.99 for your first 6 months, and save 71% off the standard subscription price ($4.17/mo versus $14.49/mo). Offer good on any inactive radio on your account and comes with free activation (a $15 value). Service will automatically renew and bill at the then-current rate, on a Quarterly (3 mos.) Plan, until you call SiriusXM at 1-866-635-2349 to cancel. See our Customer Agreement for complete terms at www.siriusxm.com. Fees and taxes apply. All fees and programming subject to change. This offer cannot be combined with any other. Our satellite service is available only to those at least 18 and older in the 48 contiguous USA and DC. Our Sirius satellite service is also available in PR (with coverage limitations). Our Internet radio service is available throughout our satellite service area and in AK and HI. Free Listening channels subject to change. Certain channels are not available on our Internet radio service or on mobile devices. © 2012 Sirius XM Radio Inc. Sirius, XM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc. All other marks, channel names and logos are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.

rated:
Call that number above. It works. I tried three others before that one and had no luck at all. Tell them up front you are calling to do the 6th month special for $25 and they will do it for you. They didn't even ask me for a code.

rated:
I renewed one of my radios today for another 6 months and had to talk to 4 different csrs and threaten to cancel each time before one finally agreed to the 6 for 25. I've never had trouble like that before.

rated:
Stubtify said:   Let it cancel and they'll send you the email for either 5/$20 or 6/$25.
  How long does this normally take?  I was on the 5/$20 deal but at renewal I was only offered $99+ fees for the year or $28+fees for 5 months.  Needless to say, I cancelled.

My cutoff is the price of Pandora or less, ie. $4.99 / month.  I personally think Pandora is a better service but it's a little more of a hassle in my car, so the two end up equal in my mind.  

rated:
twikoff said:   whats the current deal on all access?
To my knowledge, $50 for 6 months or $119 for 12 before fees. I've gotten the six month deal a few times now, just renewing a few days ago.  

rated:
Got the 5/$25 today ... they offered the 12/$99.

My tolerance for $$ for these guys is right at the $5 mark for the times I'm out of internet range and cant get spotify.

rated:
almega said:   I renewed one of my radios today for another 6 months and had to talk to 4 different csrs and threaten to cancel each time before one finally agreed to the 6 for 25. I've never had trouble like that before.
Did you route to the "cancel my service" path when you called? If you end up with normal customer service, they seem to be willing to let you cancel rather than giving you a good deal.

rated:
No go for the 6 months for $25+tax.

rated:
bankdealsrule said:   No go for the 6 months for $25+tax.
How about including some more details?? Like what number did you call, did you tell them you wanted to cancel, did you get US or foreign rep, what DID they offer you?

Your post is about as informative as people who say "it didn't work".

rated:
I was up on the 5 months $25, called to cancel the day before, transferred to the "cancellation" folks and offered the 1 year/$99, declined, offered 6 month/$47, declined and then they tried to sweet talk me by asking what channels I listened to, why you want to cancel, blah blah blah.... I told them I got other subs with apple, google, pandora, etc (not really) and this is costing too much when I already have all those that does not include me being strapped down inside my car. she immediately offered the 5 months /$25 I had before ..... so I guess I'll never get to talk her into the 6 months $25.... good enough for me.... sold.

rated:
Got 6 for $25. Couldn't have been easier. I was a subscriber before in my old car, but bought a new car a few months ago and switched over with the free trial that came with the car. I let that expire last month. Today I called 1-866-434-7429 and said I would like to subscribe with the 6 months for $25 promotion. The rep said she would check to see what promotions they could offer. She said they had a 6 for $30 (which I would have taken), but I asked if there was a 6 for $25. She checked and confirmed that was available, and set me up.

The only disappointing thing is that this is for their Select package, which does not include Howard Stern or NFL games. I think I'll be able to manage, for this price.

rated:
Rob9874 said:   Got 6 for $25. Couldn't have been easier. I was a subscriber before in my old car, but bought a new car a few months ago and switched over with the free trial that came with the car. I let that expire last month. Today I called 1-866-434-7429 and said I would like to subscribe with the 6 months for $25 promotion. The rep said she would check to see what promotions they could offer. She said they had a 6 for $30 (which I would have taken), but I asked if there was a 6 for $25. She checked and confirmed that was available, and set me up.

The only disappointing thing is that this is for their Select package, which does not include Howard Stern or NFL games. I think I'll be able to manage, for this price.

Same here, although they couldn't offer up with a $25 plan.  Took the $30 plan.  Took all of five minutes on the phone.

rated:
Just got the 6 for $25 deal again on both of my radios. Had to get transferred to retention because the initial person I got to could not offer consecutive promotions. Retention first tried to get me to take the 12 month for $98 offer, I said no, $4 a month was about what it was worth to me. She said she would try "resetting the account" to see if my offer came back. After a few minutes she returned to say that she was able to give me the $25 offer again.Took around 10 minutes total for two radios, including having to be transferred from normal Listener Care.

rated:
Just called Called 866-635-2349 and got 6 months for $25. No push-back at all from retention dept.

rated:
Try cancelling at the end of the 6 months....good luck....these folks will tie you up on the phone for 20 minutes + hoping you hang up!! Not a good way to show customers you want them to come back...They turn a simple process into a complicated procedure. You'll see..............

rated:
Renewal time again, the nice rep offered 12 for $99, then 6 for $47, then 6 for $30, telling me that the 6mo for $25 was no longer available. I politely declined the 6 for $30. She put me on hold and a couple of minutes later came back and offered 6mo for $25. Other than really loud on-hold music, not much trouble at all.

rated:
Exact same song and dance as wx1trw above. I have been on the 5 months/$25 for over 3 years now and happy getting that extra month for free.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016