posted 5 years ago by
DelChuckles
Loyal Member

rated:
Just renewed 5 month plan 25.00 plus fees and taxes.basic plan , but includes Howard Stern

rated:
Just renewed 5 month plan 25.00 plus fees and taxes.

rated:
shifty1 said:   I have a Sirius radio which I've been getting the 6 month $25 deal for a long time. I now have another car with XM Radio and the free period is about to expire. Called to get the same offer but they wouldn't budge. So I told them to let it expire. First time that has happened. Anyone else get the 6 month $25 deal lately?
Occasionally you get a rep  who won't budge. When that happens, tell them that you'll think about it, hang up and call back. You won't get the same rep - that's almost guaranteed. See if the next rep is easier to work with.

Keep in mind they are supposed to hear certain key words from you before you are offered the deal - that the regular renewal price is too expensive (but you like the service), and that if you could possibly get the same deal again, you could remain a subscriber. Alternatively you can say that your friend/relative/ or whatever just got the $25 for 6 months deal and can you get that too? That approach works well especially if you have never had the deal before (like for a new radio).

​Also, if you're nice to the rep during the call, they are more likely to want to help you out.

rated:
I let my sub lapse and never renewed. The two things that killed Sirius for me were:

1. Poor audio quality. Not as good as good as FM radio.
  2. Poor quality programming. Even though there are a lots of channels most individuals will have a very limited choice within their own preferences. For me there about 3 channels I'd listen to, IF the audio quality was better.

The one advantage of sat radio is, of course, you can travel long distances and have consistent programming, but that is perhaps a 1/yr use for me. Overall, not worth even $5/month to me. 

rated:
I have been a customer 13 or so years. First time I have been refused ANY deal. Looking for 1 car that I drive maybe 6,000 miles a year and Internet that I use maybe 2-3 times a year. Would be comfortable in the $100 a year and do not want to be calling twice a year. Spoke to 3 people and NOTHING offered.

Any quick suggestions? I have a day left. And even though I specifically told them I do not allow anyone to autorenew, they say they will at full price if I do not cancel.

~Bob

rated:
TellyTubby said:   

1. Poor audio quality. Not as good as good as FM radio.

in the last 3-4 months I've noticed deteriorated audio quality as well, almost as if the signal is subjected to a lot more interference?

Just did the XM bi-annual hunka chunka again; about a 12 minute phone call, they went through every available plan this time (!) starting with the most expensive... Of course I said no until I got the 5 mon $25 deal.  Not sure how some of you get the 6 mon deal, you have more patience than I.  Still such a comical process after all these years.

rated:
I have two units w/ synchronized billing. Got both back to the $25 plan 1 day AFTER auto renew to quarterly plan. This was 2 weeks ago or less. So it's not dead consistently.

rated:
"I love Sirius, but in order to keep it I need the $25/5month plan" ... its that simple. They might ask "Will you quit?" Say "Yes". You now have your 5 months for $25. Repeat each 5 months.

rated:
Called the customer service number today. a few days before my current promotion expires. told automatic phone system "cancel" told the agent i wanted the same 25$ for 6 month promotion. Told me not available. Offered 1 yr for 99$ or 5 months for 25$. I said no. Over and over again for 3 or 4 minutes. Then asked to put me on hold and said her manager was able to "override" the promotion and give me the 6 months for 25$ that I was looking for. Everyone - this is just a dance. The package is there just ask for it and don't accept anything else.

rated:
I just finished renewing two car radios at $120 total for 12 months including all taxes and fees. Paying by Sirius GC.

rated:
dmalonlne said:   I just finished renewing two car radios at $120 total for 12 months including all taxes and fees. Paying by Sirius GC.
I just renewed. I tried to get one year for $60 but the person said it was not available (and to be honest, this is the first time I've heard of someone getting it). I ended up doing 6 months for $30. I didn't bother trying to argue to get the 6 for $25, tried twice and she said it was no longer available.

rated:
Just renewed, they offered 1 yr for $99. Told them it was too much and I was looking for 6 months for $30, he looked around and found it. So it is still available.

rated:
anybody have any luck negotiating two cars at a time? My car is coming off the free trial and the wife's is up for renewal the end of Feb.

rated:
after 5 minutes, I got the 5 for $25 deal.

rated:
CheapFish said:   anybody have any luck negotiating two cars at a time? My car is coming off the free trial and the wife's is up for renewal the end of Feb.
Yes, I've been doing 2 cars at a time the last 2 or 3 times I called. Sadly, no extra discount for the second car like there is when you're paying full price.

rated:
orangegecko said:   Just renewed, they offered 1 yr for $99. Told them it was too much and I was looking for 6 months for $30, he looked around and found it. So it is still available.
No question 6 for $30 is available. It's 6 for $25 that seems to be gone, although dwqojoj says they were able to get it after several minutes of negotiating.

rated:
After many successful years of receiving 5 or 6 months for $25 plus tax, I was only offered 5 months at $30 plus about $5 taxes. I cancelled. Not worth it.

rated:
Hi_Buster said:   After many successful years of receiving 5 or 6 months for $25 plus tax, I was only offered 5 months at $30 plus about $5 taxes. I cancelled. Not worth it.
That's odd. I thought the new offers were 5 for $25 (was 5 for $20) and 6 for $30 (was $25).

rated:
Got a letter for the 6 for $30 go to siriusxm.com/lowrate31 - might only work for reactivations 

rated:
New radio today. Called 866-434-7429 ... passable english but not native speaker. Asked for deals and she went right to 5 for $25. I said i saw 6 for $25 ... she said lets set up ur account first ... checked for deal ... it was there so i got 6 months for $28.46.
Which to me is worth it .. 15$ a month no way ... not even close.

rated:
I called today and got the 5 for 25.....wish I would have looked here first for the 6 month but there is always next time

rated:
This may depend on the CSR you get, so YMMV, but it's actually getting easier now. My renewal was up in a week or so, so I called yesterday to cancel. The rep looked over my account, saw that I'd never paid the regular rate, and went straight to the 6/25 (after getting "authorization" to do so).

rated:
I was offered the 6 for 30 plan but with taxes and fees, it was almost 40. I told them if I could get my old plan of 6 for 25 I would renew, but they said it was not available. Canceled my service. I only use it maybe 2-3 times in that 6 mo. I may call again as I have a trip coming up in a week where I might actually use it. Not many good channels to listen to anyway.

rated:
I called a week after my wife's 1yr expired. Told them I had the 6 for $30 offer, it was $35 or $36 after tax and fees. Before the end of the call the agent asked if I wanted 1yr for $99 instead...

rated:
Just renewed with the 5 mos for $25. $31.08 after taxes & fees.

rated:
Just got 6 mos. for $30 + fees.

rated:
Dont waste time and beat around the bush.

When I started doing this 5+ years ago, I would give them excuses why I wanted to cancel...then they would go through the whole list of options until they finally get to the promotion I wanted.
I got really annoyed by this...After that first year, now when I call and talk directly to the Cancellation guy I just tell them directly what I want.

"I want your 5 for $25 plan, if you cant give me that then I want to cancel".

It will expedite the call, but they will still have to read from a manuscript...blah blah blah....
Now the only annoying part is always having to call every 5 months.
btw...make sure you go straight to the Cancellation Department. Any other guy cant do anything for you.

rated:
I'm on the 6 month $24.99 plan, went to cancel, offered me $99 for 12, told him no too expensive , goes away and comes back with $24.99 for 5 months, I still say no and he says because I'm a good customer and it's one of his first calls of his shift (this is at 8.30PM) that he can offer me $29.99 for 6 months but give me a $5 credit!!!! So basically back on $24.99 for 6 months.

In six months time it may look like I'm on the $29.99/6 plan when I go to renew but I'm willing to argue my point again. You've just got to be willing to cancel if push comes to shove. Worst case is you call back the next day and say you changed your mind.

rated:
llevitt said:   Just renewed 5 month plan 25.00 plus fees and taxes.basic plan , but includes Howard Stern
I got this deal once, and the rep confirmed over and over that the plan DID include Howard Stern.
Then when my original term expired, and the new one kicked in, no Stern.

The deal of this price doesn't usually include Stern, no matter what the rep says, so that's awesome if you really got it. You need All Access to get Stern.

rated:
"I see you've been a loyal customer since 2007, I'm sorry to see you leave, let me see what I can do for you" Then proceeds to try upsell me... Yeah right, this is the 20th time I've called and gotten the promo (6/$30), just freakin' auto renew it already.

rated:
Have been visiting this forum for years just to see if this rate was still available - finally registered today.

Called and said I needed to cancel unless they could offer me the $25/6mo plan for both of my cars. Rep told me that was no longer available, it was now $30/6mo. I said I couldn't do that, perhaps they could offer me a credit and after being on hold for less than a minute, the rep said he could give me a $10 credit - effectively bringing it down to $25 for 6 months. Seems so silly that I have to do this every 6 months, but it took less than 7 minutes this time and only because he had to go through his script twice.

rated:
drm103 said:   Have been visiting this forum for years just to see if this rate was still available - finally registered today.

Called and said I needed to cancel unless they could offer me the $25/6mo plan for both of my cars. Rep told me that was no longer available, it was now $30/6mo. I said I couldn't do that, perhaps they could offer me a credit and after being on hold for less than a minute, the rep said he could give me a $10 credit - effectively bringing it down to $25 for 6 months. Seems so silly that I have to do this every 6 months, but it took less than 7 minutes this time and only because he had to go through his script twice.

I called this morning to cancel my XM and they came back with $99 for a year, 5 months for $25, and then I asked about the 6 months for $25 what I got last time. She said they are doing 6 months for $30. I then asked about a $5 credit and she had to get supervisor approval. It worked.

rated:
drm103 said:   Have been visiting this forum for years just to see if this rate was still available - finally registered today.

Like you i have been calling to cancel for years to get the best deal. Can you help me with this "credit" concept. Credit for what? Do I just ask for a $5 credit?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017