Avatar
posted 2 years ago by
MVP9596
I mod, therefore I am

Over the years, many of you told us it was always hard to remember to start with FatWallet when you were shopping online, so we have worked hard to create something that will make Cash Back shopping easy so you never miss out. We're excited to announce our new Cash Back browser extension, just in time for your holiday shopping.

FatWallet Express will alert you when an eligible store has Cash Back available so you don’t miss out! We’ve also integrated Cash Back messaging when you search on Google, display current deals and coupons for the store you’re shopping at, and provide information about your account.

FatWallet Express is now available for Chrome, Firefox and Safari.  To learn more or download FatWallet Express go to: www.fatwallet.com/express 

We really hope you like it! Please be sure to share your thoughts and feedback in this thread as we work to improve it and add new features in future.

49712 Views
154 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
My life just got better!

rated:
Woo hooooo!!

rated:
I like the green and red indicator showing whether or not cäshback is activated.

rated:
Extension size is 266KB. Was hoping for a smaller footprint, but what do I know of cäshback extensions?

rated:
I like it! Many times in the past I've made purchases without going through the proper link.

rated:
Fantastic.

rated:
Can't understand what I'm doing wrong. Installation could not be simpler or more foolproof, but after trying half a dozen times it will not install on my laptop's (running Windows 7, updated, Windows firewall on) version of Chrome, which otherwise works fine. No other problems with the OS or the hardware. I tried closing and reopening Chrome.

rated:
cga said:   Can't understand what I'm doing wrong. Installation could not be simpler or more foolproof, but after trying half a dozen times it will not install on my laptop's (running Windows 7, updated, Windows firewall on) version of Chrome, which otherwise works fine. No other problems with the OS or the hardware. I tried closing and reopening Chrome.
  
Can you explain what issues you're having cga?

rated:
installed fine in chrome (ubuntu 14.04, chrome 39.0.2171.65 (64-bit)). seems very small and as far as i can see it's not resource intensive at all. chrome task manager stays at 0 the whole time

rated:
This will definitely help me remember to use FW before shopping. One issue that I had today when using this extension was at Target.com. once I got to the home page the popup showed up telling me to activate FW referral, which I did. This stayed activated until I filled my paypal info. when I got to Target's review and place order page the FW popup showed that it was not activated. If I activate it again I get sent back to the home page and have to start the checkout process again.

rated:
Some of the expiration date for the promotions are 2064(Newegg) and 2050(??).

rated:
Used it with a Newegg purchase this morning - worked great!

rated:
MVP9596 said:   
cga said:   Can't understand what I'm doing wrong. Installation could not be simpler or more foolproof, but after trying half a dozen times it will not install on my laptop's (running Windows 7, updated, Windows firewall on) version of Chrome, which otherwise works fine. No other problems with the OS or the hardware. I tried closing and reopening Chrome.
  
Can you explain what issues you're having cga?

  Just tried again. Same problem. It simply will not install. Clicking on install and then add produces no action. Not sure what more I can say. I'm running Chrome in Windows 7 with plenty of RAM and have no problems with the OS or laptop.

rated:
Pop-up before installation:

Add to Chrome

FatWallet Express

It can:

Read and change all your data on the websites you visit

Emphasis mine - why does our agreement to install give specific permission to this to not just read our data, but CHANGE it?

rated:
I like it so far. thanks, Fatwallet

rated:
RahRahMO said:   Pop-up before installation:

Add to Chrome

FatWallet Express

It can:

Read and change all your data on the websites you visit

Emphasis mine - why does our agreement to install give specific permission to this to not just read our data, but CHANGE it?


I assume it's this:

MVP9596 said:    We’ve also integrated Cash Back messaging when you search on Google, display current deals and coupons for the store you’re shopping at, and provide information about your account.

rated:
Clicking on the "GET FATWALLET EXPRESS" link does nothing.  Safari Mac OS 10.10

rated:
Phrogpilot said:   Clicking on the "GET FATWALLET EXPRESS" link does nothing.  Safari Mac OS 10.10
  We’re launching on Chrome today with versions for Safari and Firefox coming out in the next few weeks

rated:
This looks good. I try to limit addons on my browser to keep things fast. I'm willing to give this one a shot as long as it doesn't consume to many resources.

rated:
"We’re working hard to bring FatWallet Express to Safari. Check back soon! " Typical.

Why doesn't my FatWallet Now! link at least work any longer?


Hey, I found someone that DOES have a Safari extension for me to use: [link deleted]

rated:
waiting on firefox version

rated:
I am feeling FAT !!!!!!!!

rated:
cga said:   
MVP9596 said:   
cga said:   Can't understand what I'm doing wrong. Installation could not be simpler or more foolproof, but after trying half a dozen times it will not install on my laptop's (running Windows 7, updated, Windows firewall on) version of Chrome, which otherwise works fine. No other problems with the OS or the hardware. I tried closing and reopening Chrome.
  
Can you explain what issues you're having cga?

  Just tried again. Same problem. It simply will not install. Clicking on install and then add produces no action. Not sure what more I can say. I'm running Chrome in Windows 7 with plenty of RAM and have no problems with the OS or laptop.

  
This turned out to be an issue with an old version of Chrome.  If folks are having trouble, please make sure you're running the most current version available.

rated:
Excellent idea... thanks for doing this.

rated:
good stuff

rated:
Excellent! Waiting patiently for the Firefox version.

rated:
How does this interact with AdBlock Plus? I know AdBlock Plus was supposedly causing me to miss Cash Back sometimes...
I use AdBlock Plus and Script Block both of which often break my Cash Back, so I generally start all over in a new browser session and disable both plugins temporarily.

Still a nice idea, just not sure how it will interact with those two other plugins.

rated:
pitflyer said:   How does this interact with AdBlock Plus? I know AdBlock Plus was supposedly causing me to miss Cash Back sometimes...
I use AdBlock Plus and Script Block both of which often break my Cash Back, so I generally start all over in a new browser session and disable both plugins temporarily.

Still a nice idea, just not sure how it will interact with those two other plugins.

  
Working fine with Adblock Plus ~ I previously had FW set as exception though so not sure if you still have to do that. The nice thing is that it shows you if CB is activated so you will know for sure.

rated:
gizmo said:   
pitflyer said:   How does this interact with AdBlock Plus? I know AdBlock Plus was supposedly causing me to miss Cash Back sometimes...
I use AdBlock Plus and Script Block both of which often break my Cash Back, so I generally start all over in a new browser session and disable both plugins temporarily.

Still a nice idea, just not sure how it will interact with those two other plugins.

  
Working fine with Adblock Plus ~ I previously had FW set as exception though so not sure if you still have to do that. The nice thing is that it shows you if CB is activated so you will know for sure.

  Same here with my settings. Working perfectly for me. Love the part where it shows an icon on a Google search!

rated:
I haven't touched a computer in a few months.. will this be available on Chrome mobile for tablet and phone?

rated:
Working well for me! Love it!

rated:
Thanks for all the great comments folks!  If you like it, can you help us out by rating and reviewing it in the Chrome webstore

rated:
RahRahMO said:   Pop-up before installation:

Add to Chrome

FatWallet Express

It can:

Read and change all your data on the websites you visit

Emphasis mine - why does our agreement to install give specific permission to this to not just read our data, but CHANGE it?


I have a similar concern - how do we know that Fatwallet is not seeing sensitive information, like my bank account (when I login to my bank's website)?  I'd love to use this, especially since the Fatwallet bookmarklet was killed recently.

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/fatwallet/1395391/

rated:
Sites visited that earn Cash Back do not show up on the clicked links page. There is no way of tracking a purchase or reporting a purchase not paid. I know that I have made at least 4-6 small purchases to abesmarket that have not shown up. There is no way to report this. As of yesterday I just go back and click on the FW link.

Next issue


I would rather have symbols rather than colors. I, like many, am color blind with red and green being the main problem. I and most other people that are color blind have trouble with red and green.. I would recommend using $ meaning Cash Back, * meaning go to site to clink on link and, 0 for no Cash Back,
BTW I am using Chrome.

rated:
gopunk said:   
RahRahMO said:   Pop-up before installation:

Add to Chrome

FatWallet Express

It can:

Read and change all your data on the websites you visit

Emphasis mine - why does our agreement to install give specific permission to this to not just read our data, but CHANGE it?


I have a similar concern - how do we know that Fatwallet is not seeing sensitive information, like my bank account (when I login to my bank's website)?  I'd love to use this, especially since the Fatwallet bookmarklet was killed recently.

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/fatwallet/1395391/

  
Really this is just our way of saying we'll be changing the link to say you're coming from FatWallet.  It does also cover the "FatWallet Cash Back" notifications that appear when you do a Google search.

 

rated:
bigfrank19 said:   Sites visited that earn Cash Back do not show up on the clicked links page. There is no way of tracking a purchase or reporting a purchase not paid. I know that I have made at least 4-6 small purchases to abesmarket that have not shown up. There is no way to report this. As of yesterday I just go back and click on the FW link.
  
You must click the activate Cash Back button that shows up on participating stores to activate Cash Back. When you go to abesmarket.com, the activate Cash Back button never appears.

I would rather have symbols rather than colors. I, like many, am color blind with red and green being the main problem. I and most other people that are color blind have trouble with red and green.. I would recommend using $ meaning Cash Back, * meaning go to site to clink on link and, 0 for no Cash Back,
BTW I am using Chrome.


I'll pass this along to our team, thanks!

rated:
now all we need is a FW app, and we'll be set!

rated:
What about this iOS  app or this Android  app for Black Friday? 

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016