• 1 234566
  • Page
  • Next 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
https://ringplus.net/
Just saw this today, don't know if it has been posted, but the free plan on ring+ is on their website.

Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Dec. 4, 2016 @ 10:34pm
Member Summary

ringplus (7.25kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I have a crappy Hydro on Mad Plum
and have a Huawei Union that I failed to upgrade from beyond($3.01 Balance)
The Union wo... (more)

WindWalker (Dec. 04, 2016 @ 9:20p) |

Hehe, Looks like Brisket got a data bonus for missing our extra allotments last month.  We should have 5.37gb this month... (more)

Larryslug (Dec. 04, 2016 @ 9:38p) |

Thank you, just get2 free lines

annamictuning (Dec. 04, 2016 @ 10:33p) |

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/12581/guide-how-to-root-and-unhide-the-tethering-menu-on-the-lg-volt#latest 

http://androidforums.com/threads/wifi-tethering-for-lg-volt.909238/

WiFi Tethering for LG Volt:

I used Shortcut Master (Lite) by vndnguyen from Play Store. 

1) After installing and then launching the app, go to upper right corner menu and tap the three dots. 

2) Do a search (third option from top in menu) for "Apn". 

3) Towards the bottom, there are three "com.lge.hiddenmenu" options in white letters. IMPORTANT: Tap the middle option that reads "com.lge.hiddenmenu.vzw_only.ApnSettings" in gray letters under it.

4) Tap on "Launch" (picture of the rocket ship).

5) Tap on "internet" option at the top. 

6) Go down and tap on "APN type". IMPORTANT: Now add ",dun" at the end of "default,mms". VERY IMPORTANT: When done, it should be "default,mms,dun". Tap "OK".

7) Go to upper right corner menu and tap the three dots. Tap on "Save". Exit out of app and reboot the phone.

8) When phone boots up, go to "Settings" and under "Wireless Networks" at the top, tap on "More...". The option is located below "Call" and "Share & connect" that are below the toggle switches for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Mobile Data, etc. 

9) Tap on "Wi-Fi hotspot" and then tap on "Set up Wi-Fi hotspot". Set security (WPA2 PSK is best) and a password. A password is IMPORTANT! You should change Network SSID to "C:\Virus.exe", "Network Not Found", "Hidden Network" or whatever you like. Tap "Save".

10) You can now toggle "Wi-Fi hotspot" on and enjoy wireless tethering!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The plans:
Leonardo 1 - 1000 Voice + Unltd. in Network / 1000 Text + Unltd. In Network / 750+260 MB $15
Leonardo 2 - 1500/1500/1500 $15
Leonardo 3 - 1200/1200/1200 Tethering included $12
Leonardo 4 - 1400 Voice + Unltd. in Network / 1400 Text + Unltd. In Network / 1200MB Tethering included $20
Leonardo 5 - 1600/1600/1500 $16 plus 100MB signup bonus plus tethering available at $1.99/month
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This new Truly Free Plan will be offered July 15, 2015 with 125 minutes, 40 texts, and 10MB of 4G LTE data per month. Sign up is easy with just an email address and an eligible Bring your Own Sprint Device phone. That’s it! (Phone eligibility can be checked at https://ringplus.net/.) NO CC needed, perfect for gifts. 

The Pepper Plan will be available on ringplus.net Get your phones ready. Next opening for the Pepper Plan Sunday July 5th at 12:00 pm PDT

It will roll over indefinitely until you use it up and then it will auto top up.
quote You can choose to switch while the Pepper plan is available and that will be honored at the end of your current billing cycle, even if the plan isn't currently open.

250 minutes, 500 texts, and 10 MB for Free per month with auto top off when balance reaches zero.  https://discourse.ringplus.net/t/new-free-plan-pepper-250-min-500-text-10-mb-required-top-up/3869

How to update PRL manually (EDIT: ONLY WORKS ON SOME PHONES):

1. Dial ## (your MSL in account Dashboard)#  (For VM phones dial ##847446#)

2. Then edit and key in the MDN ( your ring+ 10-digit phone number) and MSID (in your account detail,without 0's)

3. Done

Reboots

Make a call

Legal Notices 
https://discourse.ringplus.net/
The free plan is 200 MINUTES, 50 SMS, 10 MB

Paid plans
Joy $1.99 + Tax 200 200 50
Mint $4.99 + Tax 300 500 100
Bella $9.99 + Tax 400 400 300
Harmony $19.99 + Tax Unlimited Unlimited 1 GB

The current Free Plan has 200 minutes, 50 texts, and 10 MB of LTE data. Although a credit card is necessary to sign up for this Plan, RingPlus will never charge the card on file unless the RingPlus Member chooses to top up his or her account to get a greater allotment of talk, text, and data. The plan will just stop working when the Member runs out of their allotment of talk, text, and data which will be automatically replenished the next month based on the day they joined RingPlus. This Plan does not require a top up balance.
Pepper differs from RingPlus' current free plan, which is still available, by including more minutes (250 vs 200) and more texts (500 vs 50). But, unlike the current free plan, Pepper requires a $5 (plus taxes) top-up at activation and has auto top-up enabled. Anytime the account balance reaches zero, a $5 plus taxes top-up will be charged to the user's card. With the the current 200 minutes, 50 texts free plan RingPlus never charges the user's card unless they explicitly top up their account using the RingPlus dashboard.

upgrade waiting list: https://promos.ringplus.net/upgrades-lists.html
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I have to add this. I just registered my brand new LG volt and it went through.

rated:
found out it has to be a Sprint phone

rated:
Yeah, Ring+ is a Sprint MVNO

rated:
Got an old to Virgin Mobile to take calls, haven't tried text or data

rated:
Some have also had success with VM prepaid phones. YMMV on that I'm sure.

rated:
Is the free plan monthly or 200 minutes until they are used up only?

rated:
The free plan is monthly.

rated:
My wife hates having to have a smartphone w/ Freedompop. If you can use a non-smartphone w/ R+, she would love this.

rated:
ablang said:   My wife hates having to have a smartphone w/ Freedompop. If you can use a non-smartphone w/ R+, she would love this.

Absolutely you can have a non-smartphone on RingPlus. All the calls and sms work over the regular cellular towers so it functions just like standard Sprint coverage. We do (Ed: I work at RingPlus) have WiFi calling to compliment that service if you're in a poor/no coverage area or traveling abroad (so you can dial and be reached at your normal US phone number,) but that's simply for your convenience.

rated:
If you run out of minutes, text, and data, does it automatically charge you for overage? Or does it have an option to turn it off, since I would only want this for emergency.

rated:
You'll only be charged if you top up your account. If you have a top-up balance, it would automatically deduct from that balance, but any overages are never charged automatically to an external funding source. That make sense? 

Basically, you'll never be charged unless you put money on the account specifically for that purpose.

rated:
I keep on getting this, even with using 3 different credit cards of mine..."There was a problem activating your account.Credit card could not be verified: Gateway Rejected: avs.

rated:
voyagerbob said:   I keep on getting this, even with using 3 different credit cards of mine..."There was a problem activating your account.Credit card could not be verified: Gateway Rejected: avs.
  remove any dashes you might have in your address. I had the same error because my address has a dash

Also want to add, you need to make a call within every 60 days or else they may close the account

rated:
mingwong said:   
voyagerbob said:   I keep on getting this, even with using 3 different credit cards of mine..."There was a problem activating your account.Credit card could not be verified: Gateway Rejected: avs.
  remove any dashes you might have in your address. I had the same error because my address has a dash

Also want to add, you need to make a call within every 60 days or else they may close the account

There aren't any dashes in my address.

rated:
Lets see how long this lasts.

rated:
I got the dreaded Error in service with the following messages - csmUApiAct #36 (2015-06-17 15:09:36 cmil1134 opwsti01 1601) Trace Failure NMS UPDDVCMDNBT status 49 message. Evidently this means that my phone is "active" on Sprint (it's a prepaid Moto E) and can't therefore be activated on RP. Anyone know how I can circumvent this issue?

rated:
I saw a couple of press releases about this. Seems to be related to ad sponsored service. Based on that, maybe this will last. It would make a good backup phone.

rated:
Would anyone happen to know if a Sprint Prepaid Tribute No-Contract phone from Best Buy would work? It seems to be the best, inexpensive Sprint phone at bb.

TIA

rated:
Thank you OP!!! Just added two lines for free!!

Tribute from Bestbuy will work!

rated:
Make sure you go into the account and unsubscribe from the Ring+ Radio for each of the device. It was signed up by default

Disable all the "Calling apps" under your Ring+ account.

Disable the MMS because sending and receiving MMS MIGHT cost you money!

rated:
mingwong said:   

No dashes in my address, but when I used HWY instead of Highway, it gave me the error..I changed it to Highway it worked.

rated:
gremln007 said:   Would anyone happen to know if a Sprint Prepaid Tribute No-Contract phone from Best Buy would work? It seems to be the best, inexpensive Sprint phone at bb.

TIA

good question.... wondering what is a good and cheap Sprint phone to get for this... appreciate any tips!

rated:
Ring+ is very strict forward. Their fees are listed here.

No activation fee

rated:
Successfully ported over my old Optimus S from Republic Wireless. Nice spare phone.

rated:
currently using STImobile on an LG phone ...
just activated one of my "spare" LG 225 phones  

rated:
startledmarmot said:   You'll only be charged if you top up your account. If you have a top-up balance, it would automatically deduct from that balance, but any overages are never charged automatically to an external funding source. That make sense? 

Basically, you'll never be charged unless you put money on the account specifically for that purpose.

Hey startledmarmot, got a question for you.

Saw this in the Welcome email "Reactivation:  If your line is suspended for 30 days or more, you can reactivate your account for a fee of $3.99."

What would cause the line to be suspended? No activity (calls/texts) for # of days?  Or only related to billing issues?

Thanks!

rated:
This site has the most horrible reCAPTCHA ever! The text is unreadable and the audio is so distorted! I tried multiple times with no avail.

rated:
can i activate phones i currently have on Freedompop? their sip calling app is the worst.

rated:
Anyone know why I get  "undefined method `[]' for nil:NilClass"  when I try to activate?

rated:
wtfu said:   Thank you OP!!! Just added two lines for free!!

I have a brand new LG Tribute (Sprint prepaid) from BestBuy, but it did not work...

rated:
qnju said:   
wtfu said:   Thank you OP!!! Just added two lines for free!!

I have a brand new LG Tribute (Sprint prepaid) from BestBuy, but it did not work...

I have the Virgin Mobile version

rated:
focusfocus said:   

Saw this in the Welcome email "Reactivation:  If your line is suspended for 30 days or more, you can reactivate your account for a fee of $3.99."

What would cause the line to be suspended? No activity (calls/texts) for # of days?  Or only related to billing issues?

Thanks!

see Legal Notices  in revised "Quick Tags"

rated:
RegUSPatOff said:   
focusfocus said:   

Thanks!

see Legal Notices  in revised "Quick Tags"

Thanks!  So other than the violation of terms of use, billing/nonpayment issues.       Make a call at least once every 60 days!

rated:
startledmarmot said:   You'll only be charged if you top up your account. If you have a top-up balance, it would automatically deduct from that balance, but any overages are never charged automatically to an external funding source. That make sense? 

I don't believe this statement to be true.
When you sign up you give them your credit card information and free plan clearly states that overages are 2 cents a min, message or MB.
They can suspend your account for non payment and then charge a reactivation fee which will provide them more revenue.
I opened a support ticket asking them if I'm required to top off my account before the billing period ends or if they will auto bill the card on file at the End of the billing period.  Will let you know their response.

You can turn off data usage via the dashboard my old phone was downloading a software update that cause me to go over the 10 MB data limit.

rated:
Wow this is awesome, I used the Samsung paylo by Virgin on that topcashback $35 deal awhile back.

rated:
not to threadcrap but is this better than Freedompop in coverage?  All shadiness, etc, of Freedompop aside, both use Sprint network, right?.  But Freedompop is 1GB (after freedomfriends), 500 texts, 200 mins per month for free.    this is 10mb, 50 text, 200 mins. 

rated:
anorexicwallet said:   not to threadcrap but is this better than Freedompop in coverage?  All shadiness, etc, of Freedompop aside, both use Sprint network, right?.  But Freedompop is 1GB (after freedomfriends), 500 texts, 200 mins per month for free.    this is 10mb, 50 text, 200 mins. 
  I think the benefit of this deal is that it's not Freedompop

rated:
Thanks and Green Op!
Reactivated Ringplus free plan on Kyocera Hydro from Target deal..

Skipping 2569 Messages...
rated:
Thank you, just get2 free lines

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1 234566
  • Page
  • Next 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016