posted 47 years ago by
freakinout
Nerdy Member

https://www.udemy.com/illustrator-introduction/#/

Coupon code LEARN_ILLUSTRATOR  makes it free.   ( NOTICE THE _ BETWEEN THE TWO WORDS)

See this link by MrsGuin for the Photoshop class

Views
17 Comments
Add Comment
Works. Thanks OP!

Thanks OP. Just opened a printing business and this will be crucial.

Anybody come across an InDesign course?

green, thanks

I've been a Graphic Designer for 20 years and still have CS5, but I'll check this out. Thanks, OP!

Thanks OP!

Thanks!

Thanks freakinout!

ganjagadget said:   Anybody come across an InDesign course?
  I hope you're kidding. You should already know this stuff if you're ummm...running a business?

noapathy said:   
  I hope you're kidding. You should already know this stuff if you're ummm...running a business?

Nothing wrong with a refresher, especially if it's free. I've been a graphic designer for more than 20 years, and you never know what shortcuts/tips you might pick up. I learned to do Illustrator on B/W, 1-bit Macs. Had to toggle back-and-forth between Work and Preview mode to see what changes actually look like.

Anyway, I signed up for both the IL and PS courses and I'd do an INDD course, too. And I use all three of these programs on a daily basis. 

yoregano said:   
noapathy said:   

Nothing wrong with a refresher, especially if it's free. I've been a graphic designer for more than 20 years, and you never know what shortcuts/tips you might pick up. I learned to do Illustrator on B/W, 1-bit Macs. Had to toggle back-and-forth between Work and Preview mode to see what changes actually look like.

Anyway, I signed up for both the IL and PS courses and I'd do an INDD course, too. And I use all three of these programs on a daily basis. 

Sorry, if you're looking for refreshers that's cool, but honestly they're all over the place. No need to wait for a "deal".
I like Adobe's and Lynda is free through some local libraries so worth checking with yours among other free resources they often offer for career services.
Other adobe product tutorials for free.
Or just a quick google search for "free adobe tutorial" would do the trick.

noapathy said:   Sorry, if you're looking for refreshers that's cool, but honestly they're all over the place. No need to wait for a "deal"

I wasn't waiting for a deal or even looking for one. I peruse FW regularly and stumbled upon this, so why not? It's free; if and when I get around to it, it's there. If I really thought I was in need of significant training, I'd do more than hope for a freebie to show up on FW.

noapathy said:   Lynda is free through some local libraries so worth checking with yours among other free resources they often offer for career services.

Totally forgot I have a Lynda premium subscription through my employer.  Never thought to check for courses like this there.

Thanks!

LEARN_PHOTOSHOP works for photoshop course too

yoregano said:   
noapathy said:   Sorry, if you're looking for refreshers that's cool, but honestly they're all over the place. No need to wait for a "deal"
...I'd do more than hope for a freebie to show up on FW.

I was referring to your request for an InDesign deal and even gave you several links to some good ones, but I guess you just wanna argue so whatever.

Another free course posted on another thread by DerProfi

Free 6 hour online Excel course
https://www.udemy.com/thebestexcel/

Right below the big green "Take this Course" box choose " redeem a coupon"
enter coupon code redditrocks

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016