Avatar
posted 47 years ago by
tedteddy
Enthusiastic Member

I received this offer earlier (see image attached.) and called today. I am upgraded to Blast for two years lock-in price of performance (44.99) from now with 2 years agreement ( It has early termination fee if service is discontinued after 30 days remorse period and within 24 months. - $240 max which reduces by $12 every month of service during 24 months of agreement period.)

I was anyway out of my performance promotional period and need to hunt for better price tier. Good one for those who have no other overall better option than Comcast (just) Internet.

You need to call 1-855-339-3149

http://imgur.com/533QfAW

Views
140 Comments
Add Comment
Is this Internet-only service or bundled with cable service or etc?

Get to your bandwidth cap twice as fast!

I am tempted, but staying away - 2 year contract? no way.

Blast in my area is 75mbps.  I get ~ 90mbps download speeds
150mbps is extreme in my area $99/month with contract
http://results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/1171239824.png 

The price just about double after 24-months, and if you don't have competition in your
area, you will get nothing from them as far as price breaks go.

But it is FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is complete crap (not the post, just Comcast). Seriously...it's exactly as Redbeard states above. This is why we need as much competition in these markets as possible.

I live in PA, no data cap for me, hot deal.

I was told I would get blast 150M but I am only getting 60M or lower. 1/3-1/2 of advertised speed.

sloth911 said:   I live in PA, no data cap for me, hot deal.
  Technically there's a data cap, it's just "not enforced."

Redbeard25 said:   Get to your bandwidth cap twice as fast!
  I currently pay $62.00 month for 50Mbps down and 6Mbps up...more like 65Mbps down though.
No extra charge yet in MN for going over data limit.
Does Comcast charge extra for excess data usage in other states? 

I am guessing if you are in a double play package, or any package for that matter, that this deal does not apply?

I just got Comcast to upgrade me to the 150 MB download & got an instant $100 credit on my bill (instead of $100 visa giftcard) , thank you so much OP.

Curious to hear what others pay for the performance package. I'm at $54.99 per month for 25mpbs down. Unfortunately there are no other ISP options on my street. I'll definitely call and try and get this deal.

How did you get the $100 credit?

nascarfrk said:   
Redbeard25 said:   Get to your bandwidth cap twice as fast!
  I currently pay $62.00 month for 50Mbps down and 6Mbps up...more like 65Mbps down though.
No extra charge yet in MN for going over data limit.
Does Comcast charge extra for excess data usage in other states? 

  Comcast is planning to roll out caps for everyone. it is just matter of time

http://bgr.com/2015/11/19/comcast-data-cap-2015-bad-for-us-all/ 

zip codes currently with data caps
http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/data-usage...
 

Is this available with the "Internet Plus" package that includes Performance Internet, Local Channels, and HBO? I would be fine with paying the same price I'm paying now but upgrading to the Blast internet speed, which is listed as 75 Mbps in my area. (Performance, my existing Internet plan, is 25 Mbps.)

tjiangnet said:   I was told I would get blast 150M but I am only getting 60M or lower. 1/3-1/2 of advertised speed.
  Do you have a docsis 3.0 modem
  http://www.amazon.com/ARRIS-SURFboard-SB6183-DOCSIS-Cable/dp/B00MA5U1FW 

 I had a supposed Medialink-N, supposedly 300mbps, but could only get 40mbps max on 100mbps connection.
 Switched to above Motorola modem, and Ethernet connection, got 90mbps

  And if you are using a hub or router, is it gigabit ethernet

  If your speeds are via wifi, you are lucky that you are getting 60mbps
  I get 90mbps via Ethernet connection, but 30mbps via wifi.  A little faster if I use the 5Ghz stream on my iPhone. 

tiertier said:   How did you get the $100 credit?
  I got sent to the retention department after threatening to cancel, I explained that I was upset that I have been paying for 105 MB when their was 150 MB available and a $100 Visa card at the same price. The lady said well I can't send you a $100 giftcard but I can credit your account $100 & upgrade your speed to 150 MB at no additional charge. The $100 credit is the same as cash to me, so I thought dang this is great. Thanks to the OP for waking me up to this opportunity. Simply Wonderful.

dboston1 said:   Curious to hear what others pay for the performance package. I'm at $54.99 per month for 25mpbs down. Unfortunately there are no other ISP options on my street. I'll definitely call and try and get this deal.
  

My dad is in a small town in NE PA, Harveys Lake. in 2013 we got him on a internet only 25MBmpbs performance down with a two year contract for $29.99. The bill was $30.08 every month after taxes. Last month they raised it to $70, but applied a $25 bundle adjustment for some reason making it $44.99.

I just called the 855 number and they say the promotion is not showing up as available to our account. They said to call customer service....

krk77 said:   
nascarfrk said:   
Redbeard25 said:   Get to your bandwidth cap twice as fast!
  I currently pay $62.00 month for 50Mbps down and 6Mbps up...more like 65Mbps down though.
No extra charge yet in MN for going over data limit.
Does Comcast charge extra for excess data usage in other states? 

  Comcast is planning to roll out caps for everyone. it is just matter of time

http://bgr.com/2015/11/19/comcast-data-cap-2015-bad-for-us-all/ 

zip codes currently with data caps
http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/data-usage...

  Comcast wants folks to sign up for their Stream TV service @ $15/month.  Even though it will stream over the internet, it won't count toward your cap.
  There goes 4K Netflix streaming.
  1080p 4.7gb/hour
   4K 18.8gb/hour
 

krk77 said:   
nascarfrk said:   
Redbeard25 said:   Get to your bandwidth cap twice as fast!
  I currently pay $62.00 month for 50Mbps down and 6Mbps up...more like 65Mbps down though.
No extra charge yet in MN for going over data limit.
Does Comcast charge extra for excess data usage in other states? 

  Comcast is planning to roll out caps for everyone. it is just matter of time

http://bgr.com/2015/11/19/comcast-data-cap-2015-bad-for-us-all/ 

zip codes currently with data caps
http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/data-usage... 

  
Thanks KRK77.  As a Comcast customer that has "cut the cable cord," I now know what is ahead for me with streaming.  Had NO idea.

no dice for me ;((

I pay $50 a month for 3mbit from Comcast...

The Federal Government defines BroadBand as 5mbit and higher

I pay $16.75 per mBit

Blast for two years lock-in price of performance (44.99)
Speeds Up To 150mBit

That is 29 CENTS a mBit

TELL ME THIS IS FAIR PRICING AND NOT MONOPOLISTIC PRICING!

How about Comcast sells me 10mBit for $2.90 a month

stanolshefski said:   
sloth911 said:   I live in PA, no data cap for me, hot deal.
  Technically there's a data cap, it's just "not enforced."

  Wow that is soooo not true.  In many markets they rolled out very strict data caps over a year ago.  We are in metro Atlanta and it has been unbelievably frustrating to deal with.  I have four kids at home and a college kid who comes home occasionally.  With the nasty weather we've had for months here they were inside all the time and were constantly on their devices--gaming, browsing, streaming, reading, downloading, etc.  Not to mention that I do regularly backups and uploads to the cloud which got us to the caps VERY quickly.

What is most frustrating is that they offer no tools to track or block the data usage.  I had to resort to installing some sketchy software on all the devices (mobile and PCs) to track where it was all going.  Comcast is nothing but a bunch of greedy dishonest crooks in my book.

dboston1 said:   Curious to hear what others pay for the performance package. I'm at $54.99 per month for 25mpbs down. Unfortunately there are no other ISP options on my street. I'll definitely call and try and get this deal.
  In CT I'm paying $45 for the same thing for 1 yr.  But to get that I had to call and ask why my 25 was only running at 3..."oops, it appears someone keyed in the wrong program for you".

FYI...it says on the flyer that Comcast will increase their 'service fee' whatever that may be, by $12/month for this, so it's not exactly 'free', even with the contract.  Blast is certainly nice, but contracts with Comcast, and the allowance for them to 'change their terms or fees' also as indicated is shady.

CheapFish said:   dboston1 said:   Curious to hear what others pay for the performance package. I'm at $54.99 per month for 25mpbs down. Unfortunately there are no other ISP options on my street. I'll definitely call and try and get this deal.
  In CT I'm paying $45 for the same thing for 1 yr.  But to get that I had to call and ask why my 25 was only running at 3..."oops, it appears someone keyed in the wrong program for you".


I am currently paying $40 a month for Internet Plus and the current promotion ends in March. The new pricing shows $49.99 for existing customers for two years. This is in Chicago suburbs. I am bumped to Burst! which is now advertised at 75Mbps. I am trying to keep the same plan. Let's see what they have to offer.

Right now the price increases by $5 starting January. They have been increasing periodically claiming tech upgrades etc.


Comcast Data Cap Message
Disclaimer
frett said:   
stanolshefski said:   
sloth911 said:   I live in PA, no data cap for me, hot deal.
  Technically there's a data cap, it's just "not enforced."

  Wow that is soooo not true.  In many markets they rolled out very strict data caps over a year ago.  We are in metro Atlanta and it has been unbelievably frustrating to deal with.  I have four kids at home and a college kid who comes home occasionally.  With the nasty weather we've had for months here they were inside all the time and were constantly on their devices--gaming, browsing, streaming, reading, downloading, etc.  Not to mention that I do regularly backups and uploads to the cloud which got us to the caps VERY quickly.

What is most frustrating is that they offer no tools to track or block the data usage.  I had to resort to installing some sketchy software on all the devices (mobile and PCs) to track where it was all going.  Comcast is nothing but a bunch of greedy dishonest crooks in my book.


Go log in to the website:
Comcast said: Note: Enforcement of the 250GB data consumption threshold is currently suspended.

 

Without knowing when my area will "benefit" from their more "generous" Data Usage Plan, I will not jump on this and get stuck for 2 years. I do a lot of video streaming at home.

I'm in Nashville, which has been a "test market" for data cap fees since 2012. I used to download lots of large files from Usenet each month and never hit the 300GB cap. I don't do that anymore, but over the past year, we've added a Roku and Chromecasts and Amazon Fire TV to the mix. My girls also got cell phones and tablets, and I streamed MBL.TV this year. Even with Netflix quality throttled down as much as possible, and me running around telling the kids to use their unlimited Sprint bandwidth for their phones instead of home WiFi, we have started hitting 450GB each month. That takes my Comcast Internet charges from $60/mo to $90/mo.

What's really irritating is my router has bandwidth monitoring built-in, and Comcast's accounting of my usage is consistently 25-30% higher than my router's. Comcast doesn't give you any tools to audit or verify usage, and I'm a pretty experienced IT professional with enterprise-class networking gear, so I trust my accounting more than I trust theirs. But even after filing two FCC complaints over the issue, dealing with Comcast is going up against a brick wall.

On top of that, when they "upgraded" their billing system a few months ago, they started charging me for cable boxes I have never rented, so now each month I get to spend several minutes on the phone trying to get them to resolve that. They're always confused, can't believe I don't have any cable boxes (I have four TiVos), ask me when I returned them (I've never had cable boxes), put me on hold at least once and usually more than that as they research the issue, then tell me they've taken care of it and credited me for the erroneous charges. And next month, we do the same thing all over again.

I'm not a fan of Google's data mining empire, but they are laying fiber here, and I am looking forward to the day Comcast loses their monopoly and I can tell them I no longer need them in my life.

sloth911 said:   I live in PA, no data cap for me, hot deal.
  I am in Pittsburgh, no data cap with 150mbps speed. 

Jibran said:   
sloth911 said:   I live in PA, no data cap for me, hot deal.
  I am in Pittsburgh, no data cap with 150mbps speed. 

  Same here in Naples FL, torch hot with speed.

I just dumped AT&T for Comcast in Houston 10 days ago. I don't stream much of anything myself but my daughters and several of their friends were home all last week using lots of internet services. The cap isn't enforced here yet but I just checked my usage and I'm already over 90 GB.

dboston1 said:   Curious to hear what others pay for the performance package. I'm at $54.99 per month for 25mpbs down. Unfortunately there are no other ISP options on my street. I'll definitely call and try and get this deal.
I started out with promotional price of $29.xx for first year and at the end of promotional year it has gone up to $66.xx.
I do have Verizon FIOS in my area and they are offering $50/month for double the speed of Performance tier (50 mbps) if I sign up with them and am considering switching to them.
However, I have to bear the installation and other costs and horrendous "extra fees" Verizon is known for which is holding me back.
Also, I hate to sign a contract and my current Comcast plan is no contract one.
Another possible option is to get RingPlus plans with tethering for each member of the family and be done away with cable for good.
Would love to hear from experts what should be my approach.

frett said:   
stanolshefski said:   
sloth911 said:   I live in PA, no data cap for me, hot deal.
  Technically there's a data cap, it's just "not enforced."

  Wow that is soooo not true.  In many markets they rolled out very strict data caps over a year ago.  We are in metro Atlanta and it has been unbelievably frustrating to deal with.  I have four kids at home and a college kid who comes home occasionally.  With the nasty weather we've had for months here they were inside all the time and were constantly on their devices--gaming, browsing, streaming, reading, downloading, etc.  Not to mention that I do regularly backups and uploads to the cloud which got us to the caps VERY quickly.

What is most frustrating is that they offer no tools to track or block the data usage.  I had to resort to installing some sketchy software on all the devices (mobile and PCs) to track where it was all going.  Comcast is nothing but a bunch of greedy dishonest crooks in my book.

I'm also in Atlanta, and got hit with a $400 bill for going over my cap. I'd had three months where they didn't charge me, and didn't realize there were three grace periods. I shopped around and the only alternative in my area was Comcast Business, so I reluctantly switched to the business plan at $99/month. My bill actually dropped a little as I no longer have a TV package, we're now an all Netflix house.

Upgrade Not available in Philadelphia

tmonkey said:   
frett said:   
stanolshefski said:   
sloth911 said:   I live in PA, no data cap for me, hot deal.
  Technically there's a data cap, it's just "not enforced."

  Wow that is soooo not true.  In many markets they rolled out very strict data caps over a year ago.  We are in metro Atlanta and it has been unbelievably frustrating to deal with.  I have four kids at home and a college kid who comes home occasionally.  With the nasty weather we've had for months here they were inside all the time and were constantly on their devices--gaming, browsing, streaming, reading, downloading, etc.  Not to mention that I do regularly backups and uploads to the cloud which got us to the caps VERY quickly.

What is most frustrating is that they offer no tools to track or block the data usage.  I had to resort to installing some sketchy software on all the devices (mobile and PCs) to track where it was all going.  Comcast is nothing but a bunch of greedy dishonest crooks in my book.

I'm also in Atlanta, and got hit with a $400 bill for going over my cap. I'd had three months where they didn't charge me, and didn't realize there were three grace periods. I shopped around and the only alternative in my area was Comcast Business, so I reluctantly switched to the business plan at $99/month. My bill actually dropped a little as I no longer have a TV package, we're now an all Netflix house.

  That reminds me of the T-Mobile cell phone pirates who used to charge 40 cents/minute for exceeding monthly limits.  Thankfully, T-Mobile has done away with overage charges.

tmonkey said:   I'm also in Atlanta, and got hit with a $400 bill for going over my cap. I'd had three months where they didn't charge me, and didn't realize there were three grace periods. I shopped around and the only alternative in my area was Comcast Business, so I reluctantly switched to the business plan at $99/month. My bill actually dropped a little as I no longer have a TV package, we're now an all Netflix house.
 

My problem with the Comcast Business plan is that it only includes one email address, which doesn't work well for a family unless you can abandon using Comcast as your email service provider.  Additional email addresses are $8/mo each.

The cap in Atlanta is 300GB and the overage charges are $10 for each additional 50GB block you use.  In other words, if you use 401GB in a month, they charge you an extra $30 ($10 x 3).

In Nashville and some other limited markets, they have just introduced a truly Unlimited option for an extra $30-$35 monthly charge (depending on the market).  My heaviest month of usage was 1.2TB, which was fortunately one of my three grace periods.  Since I've been paying overages, we've kept it under 450GB, but if we start going over that, the Unlimited option would make sense, and then I can go back to streaming HD video and letting the kids use WiFi instead of their cell data plans for streaming at home.

Toddler said:   
tmonkey said:   I'm also in Atlanta, and got hit with a $400 bill for going over my cap. I'd had three months where they didn't charge me, and didn't realize there were three grace periods. I shopped around and the only alternative in my area was Comcast Business, so I reluctantly switched to the business plan at $99/month. My bill actually dropped a little as I no longer have a TV package, we're now an all Netflix house.
My problem with the Comcast Business plan is that it only includes one email address, which doesn't work well for a family unless you can abandon using Comcast as your email service provider.  Additional email addresses are $8/mo each.

The cap in Atlanta is 300GB and the overage charges are $10 for each additional 50GB block you use.  In other words, if you use 401GB in a month, they charge you an extra $30 ($10 x 3).

In Nashville and some other limited markets, they have just introduced a truly Unlimited option for an extra $30-$35 monthly charge (depending on the market).  My heaviest month of usage was 1.2TB, which was fortunately one of my three grace periods.  Since I've been paying overages, we've kept it under 450GB, but if we start going over that, the Unlimited option would make sense, and then I can go back to streaming HD video and letting the kids use WiFi instead of their cell data plans for streaming at home.

  Why does having an email account from your ISP matter? My Comcast email address accumulates Comcast notices and bills and sits untouched.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016