• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Aerb 2016 Newest Version Google Cardboard 3D VR Virtual Reality Glasses Headset W Adjustable Head Band Strap for 3.5 to 6 Inches Smartphones IMAX 3D Movies / Immersive VR Gaming
Disclaimer
Google Cardboard 3D Virtual Reality Glasses Headset $24.99 & free shippingMaybe a deal for some - got this as a email promo. Multi use code. 

2016 Newest Version Google Cardboard 3D Virtual Reality Glasses Headset W Adjustable Head Band Strap for 3.5 to 6 Inches Smartphones, is able to get at $24.99 with free shipping at Amazon.
Buy here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B019C9W444/ 
Sale price: $36.99, apply code FAN2VDF5 ($12 off) at checkout. 
Code expires on Jan.31  

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase.

Code worked for me, but did not order, as there is not many reviews and there are cheaper options.

Code worked for me, but did not order, as there is not many reviews and there are cheaper options.

put merchant in the title

There are cheaper price options in other sites such as d x dot com.

almost the same as these

Tonsee DIY Cardboard Quality 3D Vr Virtual Reality Glasses For Google
Disclaimer
bugsysegell said:   almost the same as these

This one is cheaper.

Tonsee DIY 3d

I'd be curious how these go. I ahve one that's very similar for some chinese vendor for $9 that's like the ones bugsy posted.

The phone is about 1/2" too close to the lenses so it's always blurry.

The New York Times was giving free goggles , like the to see ones, to promote their vr stories. I don't know if it was for subscribers only. I could not find the link, if I can find it, I'll post it here

Not all cardboard sets are the same, so the more expensive ones offer better construction and better quality parts. Need more reviews.

The quality of the optics and construction will make a big difference in how well they work. I wouldn't go with the cheapest unless you were just curious to give the technology a quick try.  The lower the quality the harder it will be to get a well-focused image in 3D.

For those of you who might think this is merely a toy, I just read this story of how Google Cardboard was used to save a baby's life:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/07/health/google-cardboard-baby-saved...

(The tl;dr version: after finding that the 3D printer was broken, so a 3D model of the baby's heart couldn't be printed, the doctor decided to try Google Cardboard to look at a 3D virtual reality model of the baby's deformed heart. It turned out, that being able to look at the virtual reality image was better in this case than than the model would have been.)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016