posted 47 years ago by
DOChicago

Here's the latest YMMV AmEx offer (received on my Delta Platinum AmEx)

Details: Get a one-time $25 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $100 or more on all room charges, including room rate, when you pay for your reservation directly with an eligible merchant by 3/31/2016. See terms for exclusions. 

Terms: Enrollment limited. Offer is non-transferable. Reservations made and paid for with any eligible US American Express® Card accepting domestic and/or non-US merchants between 1/4/16 and 3/31/16 are valid for the offer. Only purchases made directly with eligible merchants are eligible for the offer. Eligible merchants are hotels, motels, and bed & breakfasts that accept the American Express Card. Timeshares, banquets, events, and vacation packages are not “eligible merchants”. Reservations made or paid for with online accommodation services for short term or long term rentals for a room, apartment, home, or property are not valid for this offer. Qualifying purchases at eligible merchants must total at least $100 and be made during the offer period above. Qualifying purchases are charges made directly to your room. When you make a qualifying purchase in a foreign currency, the applicable statement credit will be credited in your local currency using the exchange rate at the date the statement credit is applied. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express Cards are eligible for this offer. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express online account. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 3/31/16, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase(s) from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase(s) have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase(s) is/are returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction(s) as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: BYPI:0001 

Views
10 Comments
Add Comment
No go on my standard Delta Amex

I don't have this on my Delta Gold Amex or Hilton Amex. Darn shame cuz I'm staying in a hotel tomorrow night, and will be spending just over $100...

No go on Costco (unsurprising.)

As always, if you put a hotel stay on your card recently you probably won't get this.

I didn't have it on card 1 (mine) on Amex Plat, but I did on card 2 on same account (wife's card). I've put hotel stays on mine recently, but we've never put one on hers. Same account, 2 cards, only 1 got the deal.

The million dollar question is if I prepay the reservation will I get the CashBack. Prepaid aren't excluded (as far as I can tell) but you never know.

Spend $250 get $50 on my Amex Platinum.

0 out of 6 Blue/Delta/Green. Aw...so time consuming to look all these up!

metsfan said:   Spend $250 get $50 on my Amex Platinum.
On this same card I have spend $300 at Hilton get $60 back and spend $175 at Hampton get $35 back. I wonder if these can be combined with the generic offer...

Spend $300 at Hilton, get back $60 + $50 or spend $250 at Hampton get back $35 + $50. 4% from TCB, too.   

jasonv1 said:   The million dollar question is if I prepay the reservation will I get the CashBack. Prepaid aren't excluded (as far as I can tell) but you never know.

I don't see why not, as long as you are making the reservation & prepaying directly (vs. 3rd party site).   If you were going to make the reservation anyway, give it a shot...you've got nothing to lose, and hopefully $25 to gain!

This deal is about to expire. I hadn't been able to use this until today and it was not fulfilled by a hotel stay. I decided that a gift card was the best option. The most popular hotel gift cards are Choice, Best Western, Marriott, and Hyatt. The first two are not sold by my local hotels. Marriott and Hyatt are hit and miss but was able to find some locally. I decided on a Marriott GC since they can be sold to Cardpool for 93% worth of Amazon GC. A Hyatt GC has a much lower resale value.

I got two SimplyCash cards about 6 months ago and all the offers that show up are for trash stores.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016