rated:
Should be mentioned that it is with a Sprint-based MVNO, not just a phone.

rated:
zklopman said:   Should be mentioned that it is with a Sprint-based MVNO, not just a phone.
  should also be mentioned that you will be required to pay for the first months service at a minimum $18.99 but can cancel after that. this is how i got my s4 a few months ago.
i was perusing their devices and thinking about getting  a refurb moto E for $10 + $18.99 

rated:
lemonhead said:   
zklopman said:   Should be mentioned that it is with a Sprint-based MVNO, not just a phone.
  should also be mentioned that you will be required to pay for the first months service at a minimum $18.99 but can cancel after that. this is how i got my s4 a few months ago.
i was perusing their devices and thinking about getting  a refurb moto E for $10 + $18.99 

Ok. I edited the  title.

rated:
these phones should be able to use with R+ after that 1st month of service

rated:
alexnguyenseattle said:   these phones should be able to use with R+ after that 1st month of service
  It would be nice if that is possible.

rated:
anybody tried it? because if it works, i'll get the s6 for $250!

rated:
alexnguyenseattle said:   anybody tried it? because if it works, i'll get the s6 for $250!
  Not yet, but I will be ordering the S3 tomorrow. I currently have the Moto E on ringplus. Even though the S3 is old, I wonder if it is better than the Moto E?

rated:
i like s3.

rated:
Per TextNow FAQ, their phones can't be used with other carriers.

https://supportwireless.textnow.com/hc/en-us/articles/204901765-...

rated:
donbene said:   Per TextNow FAQ, their phones can't be used with other carriers.

https://supportwireless.textnow.com/hc/en-us/articles/204901765-Frequently-Asked-Questions-Extended-#differentcarrier

in general only the following phones are supposed to work:

• Used Sprint phones that have been completely paid off by the original owner completing the terms of their contract or equipment installment plan or paying an early termination fee.
  • Phones from Sprint's prepaid brands (Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile or Sprint Prepaid) that have been used for at least 12 months on the Sprint brand they were sold for.
  • Brand new Sprint postpaid phones that were purchased at full retail price from Sprint or a manufacturer store like the Apple Store for iPhones or Google Play for Nexus devices.
  • Phones purchased from independent Sprint MVNOs like Ting or TextNow.

rated:
donbene said:   Per TextNow FAQ, their phones can't be used with other carriers.

https://supportwireless.textnow.com/hc/en-us/articles/204901765-Frequently-Asked-Questions-Extended-#differentcarrier

some people on slickdeals claimed that they were able to activate on R+ service back in March 2015

rated:
Well, I ordered the Galaxy S3 yesterday. It will be here tomorrow. Cannot pass up that good of a deal for an S3, even if I just use TextNow's service for just 1 month.

rated:
voyagerbob said:   Well, I ordered the Galaxy S3 yesterday. It will be here tomorrow. Cannot pass up that good of a deal for an S3, even if I just use TextNow's service for just 1 month.

have u tried to use this same s3 on R+ yet?

rated:
I used a VM S3 on RingPlus, can't think this one would be any different
You know that it's banned anyhow after Sunday?

rated:
I'll follow this tread

rated:
anybody try phones with TextNow with R+ yet?

rated:
alexnguyenseattle said:   anybody try phones with TextNow with R+ yet?
There is someone on Ring+ who tried to use one, and it did not go well for them.  Although the thread below has gotten alot of activity the last couple of days, so flashing it back to it's original stock ROM is being discussed there.
https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/comment/44945/#Comment_44945

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016