Avatar
posted 47 years ago by
Slick29832
Senior Member

Lowe's has a BISSELL Smartclean Programmable Robotic Vacuum on clearance for only $199 - normally $299.  This is a nationwide price, so every Lowe's that has this in stock has it for $199.  Save another 10% with online coupon, bringing the price down to $180+tax.

price comparision:

Amazon - $228.99
WalMart - $249
Google shopping shows the lowest price at $205


BISSELL Smartclean Programmable Robotic Vacuum 
Item #: 554540 |  Model #: 16052

It was a good day
 

Views
15 Comments
Add Comment
Works good for carpeted area?

BleedingAssassin said:   Works good for carpeted area?
  Base on Lowes reviews, it can clean carpet.  I want to get 1 to try, but the spouse said "No" because teaching the kids bad habit.

Can someone tell me how these robotic vacuums and Roomba performs.  I look at them and think unless you have ultra low pile or commercial carpet, these cleaners aren't going to pick up much dust.  How much suction power can it have?  If you have minor dust or other droppings on a hard surface area, it may do the trick.  Then again, your arms can probably do a better job.

I've used Roombas for over a decade. They are amazing machines. They aren't as good as an upright vacuum, but they do a very good job of cleaning your house. If you are adamant that you need the best cleaning job, you like straight lines in your carpet, or you haven't changed your deep shag carpet from the 70's, then these robotic vacuum cleaners aren't for you. If you want some automated help keeping your carpets clean and don't mind buying a new battery once a year and having to maybe clean out hair from a roller periodically (depending on the model you choose), then the money you spend is well worth it. There are thousands of satisfied customers. If you are looking for ways to hate them, you'll find them, but they are remarkable machines that help you out around the house.

Do these work well on hardwood floors?

Slick29832 said:   Lowe's has a BISSELL Smartclean Programmable Robotic Vacuum on clearance for only $199 - normally $299.  This is a nationwide price, so every Lowe's that has this in stock has it for $199.  Save another 10% with online coupon, bringing the price down to $180+tax.

price comparision:

Amazon - $228.99
WalMart - $249
Google shopping shows the lowest price at $205


BISSELL Smartclean Programmable Robotic Vacuum 
Item #: 554540 |  Model #: 16052

It was a good day

  Hi.. could pls point me to the 10% off online coupon? Thanks..

Google Lowes mover coupon. and u can use them at thd.

A robotic vac sounds like a good idea and this price seems reasonable. My concerns would be how many years
the battery would last before it needs to be replaced, how the vac would handle small common
items it might encounter on the floor such as shoe laces and socks, how much noise it makes while
in operation since I would program it to run during the night and also how it would get along with the house pets.

NoOh said:   A robotic vac sounds like a good idea and this price seems reasonable. My concerns would be how many years
the battery would last before it needs to be replaced, how the vac would handle small common
items it might encounter on the floor such as shoe laces and socks, how much noise it makes while
in operation since I would program it to run during the night and also how it would get along with the house pets.

  I've got a NEATO model.  Socks and shoe laces jam up the brush and the robot stops and makes a beeping sound to let you know the brush is stuck.  You simply unstick the brush and hit "resume".  My opinion is these are not a substitute for your regular vacuuming but are pretty good a complementing the normal chore and allowing you to use the regular vacuum less often.  I've got two dogs that shed and I've gone from regular vacuuming from 3-4 times a week down to one.  For those with pets, several makes have the regular version and then a "pet" version.  The difference is that in the regular version it has brushes on a roller the same as an upright.  The pet version uses some type of silicon "flapper" on the roller versus the brush.  Thus, the pet hair does not get tangled up.  However, the flappers do wear out mush quicker than the brushes.  Sound wise I would bever run mine at night.  Just too loud.  Set it to go off after I leave the house each day.  Sometime it's finished when I get home and sometimes the aforementioned sock, shoe lace, or other object I forgot to pick up stops it. 

maxNat said:     Hi.. could pls point me to the 10% off online coupon? Thanks..
 

  Yeah, I keep trying to go to the page on Lowes.com to register for it, but it just redirects me to moving supplies.

http://www.lowes.com/cd_Coupon+Registration_253641591_

I really want a robot vacuum, but can't justify spending $600 on a Roomba, that's waaaaaay to expensive.

kstraka said:   
maxNat said:     Hi.. could pls point me to the 10% off online coupon? Thanks..
  Yeah, I keep trying to go to the page on Lowes.com to register for it, but it just redirects me to moving supplies.

http://www.lowes.com/cd_Coupon+Registration_253641591_ 

I really want a robot vacuum, but can't justify spending $600 on a Roomba, that's waaaaaay to expensive.

  
search google on 'Free Lowe's Discount Promo Codes'

Thanks OP! And thanks Slick29832 for the google tip! Got 10% off for online order instantly!

So, who's had a chance to play with their new Bissell robovac? Any comments? How's it do on cat hair?

I'm curious as well. I have a roomba that cost me twice as much as this one. I have 2 floors it would be nice to have one for each floor.

I have also been on the fence with this. Reviews seem like it's a good value for the price, but i can't decide if I am ok with just ok performance, or if i should spend more for something better



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016