• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Nettalk Connect is currently offering a promo where you pay only $34.99/month(+$10 for a sim) for first year of Unlimited Talk, Text and 10GB Data(with Data Stash and Binge On) on TMobile network, and $40/month thereafter(w/autopay).

So, for $34.99/month for the first year(taxes and fees included), you get:

1) Unlimited international talk & text within the US, Canada, Mexico & Puerto Rico
2) Unlimited music & video streaming without using your data(YouTube, Netflix, HBONow, Hulu, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, AppleMusic and many, many more.....)
3) Free Wi-Fi calling AND Hotspot(tethering) included!!
4) Unlimited international data & text in 140+ countries
5) 4G data rollover - unused 4G data rolls over to the next month*
6) No annual contracts - no credit check

*rolls up 20GB of your unused 4G LTE data forward into the next month, for domestic use in the next 12 months.

Linky 

*Edited to update TITLE and current/latest promo offer. Promo offer subject to change at any time at Nettalk's discretion.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Sounds very similar to what happened to me. Everything went VERY smoothly and worked great... for a day. Today, service ... (more)

dallas4u (Oct. 28, 2016 @ 1:06p) |

Datapoints:

1. Ordered SIM Card online and arrived within 3 days.

2. Activated SIM Card by web-interface.

3. Not sure how l... (more)

fattywallace (Oct. 29, 2016 @ 1:30p) |

I will say, later in the day of my last post, support did contact me and tell me they reset my account adn it should be ... (more)

dallas4u (Oct. 29, 2016 @ 8:36p) |

Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Nice Find OP.

rated:
Hmm ... apparently, can't do a transfer if you are an existing tmobile customer without parking it somewhere first.

rated:
This sounds great. Wonder how their reputation is as a re-seller. Hope its better than Net-on-The run. Great find

rated:
They don't have the global 2G data roaming that T-Mobile has?

rated:
Does this work with Nexus 5?

rated:
raadical said:   This sounds great. Wonder how their reputation is as a re-seller. Hope its better than Net-on-The run. Great find
  FWIW, this is from the same folks that offer the netTALK VOIP home phone service.
rodge said: They don't have the global 2G data roaming that T-Mobile has?
Yes, they do. You get unlimited international data and text in 140+ countries but only at 2G speeds, which is pretty much useless for web browsing unless you have lots of time AND patience. It is better to just get a local sim when you get to your destination.
lilstabber said: Does this work with Nexus 5?
Yes, it will work with any unlocked gsm phone that has the required tmobile bands, like the Nexus 5.

This is a very good deal. This plan is $80 plus taxes/fees at tmobile.

rated:
when does the promo end?

rated:
javaman2003 said:   when does the promo end?
  I just got off a live chat with them and they said it is "for a limited time only" so I guess it can end anytime. They also said that you can order it now but your service will not actually start until you activate the sim.

rated:
jwsm said:   
raadical said:   This sounds great. Wonder how their reputation is as a re-seller. Hope its better than Net-on-The run. Great find
FWIW, this is from the same folks that offer the netTALK VOIP home phone service.

rated:
I will try them out for 5 months. Just too good to pass up. You will not find anything similar or comparable at a better price anywhere. If they go belly up tomorrow(which I highly doubt), then I am out $100. Not small change, but won't break the bank either. Will see how it goes.

After checking out, the service plan will show up in your account under the "Devices" tab with an option to activate your service.

rated:
They are now offering another promo.

First 7 months at $25 a month for the same Unlimited Talk, Text and 10GB LTE.

There is no need to pay for all 7 months of service upfront, you will be billed monthly. This option carries less risk and is cheaper by about $5, too, for 7 months of service compared to the first offer.

With the first offer, 7 months of service will cost you $179.95 ($19.95 x 5 + $40 + $40).

With the new offer, 7 months of service will cost you $175 ($25 x 7).

rated:
I used nettalk land line... the company sucks. Better try it for a few months, before you port your number over.

rated:
hydprince said:   I used nettalk land line... the company sucks. Better try it for a few months, before you port your number over.
Experts correct me,  i think the good part is Tmobile is providing service. Nettalk is just a marketing the service as if it is theirs.

rated:
i tried this out. this will be a review. their website made it sound like the order was cancelled. but my paypal went through. i think this was because i gave them my email address but paid using my paypal email . it took about 3 days for the website to say the sim card was being processed. i received the generic white sim card in  9 days. the sim card has no brand name on it. its not a T-Mobile branded sim. Peter K from customer support emailed me before i ordered it told me that i would not have to port out my existing T-Mobile # . he would do a favor and give me a change of responsibility. i tried to write net talk and i tried calling them when the sim card showed up. they basically told me to ignore whatever the website says and to just give them my existing T-Mobile number ( i had the WalMart plan ) and pin # and activate it. so i did. in 2 hours, my iPhone went no service, i inserted the sim net talk sent me, and everything was fine. my plan renews in 5 months. i emailed l n p at net talk dot com about my port request, but i didn't wait for a reply, i just filled out the activation info and it worked

they say its 10 gigs. but i dunno man, i dialed #932# and T-Mobile says unlimited. i tried going to mim.T-Mobile. com but it website won't work. i tried to go to my.tmobile.com or use the app. using the lte data. but right now its just asking me for my old tmo password. and showing me info on my old plan. there is no place on net talk's website so check to see what your stash is, or how much data you used, or anything. you have to rely on dialing short codes like #932# and #min# and #bng# to verify their claims.

is it possible for net talk connect to buy unlimited T-Mobile plans , but impose the 10 gig limit on their end??? i don't think so. i don't know. there's no way to check besides me calling #932#

rated:
does anyone know what to use as an account # and pin # in case they need to port out?

rated:
This is a very good deal. This plan is $80 plus taxes/fees at tmobile.
  OP come back in 5 months and let us how it is/was!

rated:
OK.. I just opted for the 7 months @ $25/month deal. I plan on porting my number from verizon. I will report back how it goes.

rated:
porting took whole week and still not done yet, wonder how fast will it port out

rated:

SIM (30.88kB)
Disclaimer
I ordered both the 5- and also the 7-month plans and both times got the SIMs in 3-4 days via USPS 2-Day Priority Mail. Won't be until May before I activate my service, though. My current service(with another provider) is already paid through the end of this month and I won't be needing service next month as I will be out of the country the entire month.

@rigoroply

If you need to port out, contact netTALK for assistance and they can provide you with the info you need.

Also, the data is actually unlimited but only the first 10gb is LTE. After that, it drops down to 2G speeds.

rated:
Could you pop one of these SIMs into a tablet and just run the web if there's no need for phone/messaging, or would this only work with an unlocked phone turned into a hotspot for a wifi tablet?

rated:
zoid99 said:   OK.. I just opted for the 7 months @ $25/month deal. I plan on porting my number from verizon. I will report back how it goes.
  Did you quit Smartel/Bluegreen?

Still cheaper over the long run. 7 months @ $25 is tempting though.

Biz/tax ID# required for Nettalk Connect?

Thanks.

rated:
T-Mobile voice sims cannot be used on iPads or personal hotspots.

T-Mobile rules
ipad sims can be used in iPhones
iPhone sims cannot be used in ipads

rated:
@jwsm

i feel if it was 10 gigs, then #932# would of said you have used 500 mb of your 10 gig lte plan, and not you have used 500 mb of your unlimited plan

can we have some people with 5,10 gig plans dial #932# and can anyone say that it says unlimited?

I'm going to wait like 23 days and then test it. i think its reasonable to expect that the actual T-Mobile # has unlimited data, but Net talk imposes the 10 gig limit, because they manage your #

rated:
Thanks, @rigoroply

rated:
rigoroply said:   @jwsm

i feel if it was 10 gigs, then #932# would of said you have used 500 mb of your 10 gig lte plan, and not you have used 500 mb of your unlimited plan

can we have some people with 5,10 gig plans dial #932# and can anyone say that it says unlimited?

I'm going to wait like 23 days and then test it. i think its reasonable to expect that the actual T-Mobile # has unlimited data, but Net talk imposes the 10 gig limit, because they manage your #

So, you think it's reasonable to expect truly unlimited data for $20, $25 per month?

rated:
are there any taxes added to the $25 or $40/month refills?

and, anyone have real world lte speeds, is it dentical to Tmobile?

+ does the phone show NetTalk carrier or does it show Tmobile on the phone?

Looking to port in my brother's line from Metro for this

rated:
Sim card costs $9.99.

rated:
Isn't Tmobile doing some unlimited data for the first three months of the year promo? Could be why you're hearing 500mb of unlimited.

rated:
Stubtify said:   Isn't Tmobile doing some unlimited data for the first three months of the year promo? Could be why you're hearing 500mb of unlimited.

Unlimited promotion ended last day of Feb.

Personally participated.

rated:
dwit said:   

I'm going to wait like 23 days and then test it. i think its reasonable to expect that the actual T-Mobile # has unlimited data, but Net talk imposes the 10 gig limit, because they manage your #

So, you think it's reasonable to expect truly unlimited data for $20, $25 per month?

no, I'm only expecting 10 gigs a month. and data stash of up to 20 gigs per advertised. I'm just puzzled why T-Mobile says i have an unlimited plan, and wondering how in the heck do i check my data stash balance. as far as i can tell with this plan , it is impossible for me to check my data stash balance. which is why i feel i should wait 24 days and then burn the data on purpose to see what happens for those last few days before i get recharged

I was simply expecting Net talk connect to say you have a 10 gig plan and T-Mobile 's #932# data checker to say 10 gigs.

i had the WalMart plan, they advertise 5 gigs for $30, and i dialed #932# to double check WalMart. this is nothing different. this is the first time where the reseller made a claim that the underlying cellular career didn't agree with, but it is in my favor

oh another thing about net talk connect is , if it wasn't for #932# it would be impossible for me to even know how much data  i have.
so far , net talk connect has not given me any user name or passwords to my.T-Mobile.com and their own website has no information. and without this info , i can't go on T-Mobile's website to check my data balances. heck. if it wasn't for #BON# , #BOF# and #Bng# , i would of been impossible for me to even turn that on and off

rated:
dwit said:   
zoid99 said:   OK.. I just opted for the 7 months @ $25/month deal. I plan on porting my number from verizon. I will report back how it goes.
  Did you quit Smartel/Bluegreen?

Still cheaper over the long run. 7 months @ $25 is tempting though.

Biz/tax ID# required for Nettalk Connect?

Thanks.

I ended up not renewing Smartel due to the iffyness of their business.  I had planned porting out of verizon but never did.   I'm trying again

rated:

3 (40.20kB)
Disclaimer

2 (65.47kB)
Disclaimer

1 (81.47kB)
Disclaimer
rigoroply said:   
dwit said:   

no, I'm only expecting 10 gigs a month. and data stash of up to 20 gigs per advertised. I'm just puzzled why T-Mobile says i have an unlimited plan, and wondering how in the heck do i check my data stash balance. as far as i can tell with this plan , it is impossible for me to check my data stash balance. which is why i feel i should wait 24 days and then burn the data on purpose to see what happens for those last few days before i get recharged

I was simply expecting Net talk connect to say you have a 10 gig plan and T-Mobile 's #932# data checker to say 10 gigs.

i had the WalMart plan, they advertise 5 gigs for $30, and i dialed #932# to double check WalMart. this is nothing different. this is the first time where the reseller made a claim that the underlying cellular career didn't agree with, but it is in my favor

Well, actually data is unlimited, but hi speed(4G lte) data is limited to 10 GB. After 10 GB, data can be reduced to much slower 2g speed.

I have had the analagous Smartel(now Bluegreen Mobile) plan for a few months now. Tmobile itself refers to several of their plans that offer unlimited talk, text, and data as "unlimited" plans, even though high speed data is capped at a certain level on almost all of these "unlimited" plans.

You should be able to check usage at My Tmobile.com, or the tmobile app. I have not used the app in a while now since I only now use the SIM in a Windows phone as a hot spot.

This is really the first time I've used the short code to check my usage, but indeed it says unlimited, but I know what that means. But again, Nettalk is really doing nothing different than Tmobile itself does, afaik.

Screen shots of my usage attached.

rated:
dwit said:   This is really the first time I've used the short code to check my usage, but indeed it says unlimited, but I know what that means. But again, Nettalk is really doing nothing different than Tmobile itself does, afaik.

Since you have gone over the 10GB LTE you should know.   How slow is the 2G speeds?  Is it usable?  Do you still get BingeOn at LTE speeds after the 10GB?  

rated:
zoid99 said:   
dwit said:   This is really the first time I've used the short code to check my usage, but indeed it says unlimited, but I know what that means. But again, Nettalk is really doing nothing different than Tmobile itself does, afaik.

Since you have gone over the 10GB LTE you should know.   How slow is the 2G speeds?  Is it usable?  Do you still get BingeOn at LTE speeds after the 10GB?  

The 2G is very usable for text rich sites like Fat Wallet, stuff like bill paying, etc, etc. The more pictures, graphics, and videos on site, the slower it gets. But if it's just pictures, still usable. You can forget about watching videos, and music, but you can still download them, given time.

No, seems like if you exceed the 10GB, you lose the Binge On benefits. I suppose experiences may vary on that though. When I exceeded 10GB, I could tell I lost Binge, but the next day it came back and worked until I got to 14.x GB. Then when I needed to restart the phone, looks like it's gone now, for good, until next cycle.

The Tmobile 2G seems to be a lot more usable than the Verizon/Page Plus that I tried for a while.

I've had this Tmobile/Smartel service since last Sept.

Edit: Sorry, I missed your earlier post about Smartel.

rated:
please report if anyone has sucessfully ported in their number.  Is the porting process done online? or must dial in?

Also, if someone has experience porting OUT of nettalk, please comment on the process as well.

thanks!

rated:
when will this expire

rated:
the porting process continue, expect another 48 and 72 hours, what a joke

rated:
mousetrap said:   the porting process continue, expect another 48 and 72 hours, what a joke
  did you initiate the port online portal or call in?

which provider are you porting from?

Skipping 132 Messages...
rated:
I will say, later in the day of my last post, support did contact me and tell me they reset my account adn it should be working in the next 15min, and it was... so good on them. I asked why "suspended account" keeps happening and got no response, of course.

So far... still working, speeds and coverage (here) is great

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016