posted 47 years ago by
BUKE
Happy Member

BJís Inner Circleģ or BJís Inner Circleģ Business new Membership offer:
$25 (50% off) plus receive a $25 BJís Gift Card

Hereís how to redeem the new membership offer from BJís by August 31, 2016:
1. Show your American Express Card and photo identification at a BJís Club Member Services Desk and present this confirmation (or show the saved AMEX25 code on your phone).
2. Purchase a new 12 Purchase a new 12-month BJ month BJ s Inner Circleģ or Inner Circleģ Business ís Inner Circleģ or Inner Circleģ Business Membership to get 50% off the regular price ($25 off the $50 membership fee, plus state and local taxes, where applicable or required by law) and receive a $25 BJís Gift Card.

Offer valid in-Club only; not valid on BJs.com. Market code AMEX25 expires 8/31/16.

This offer may not be combined with other BJís membership offers, is not redeemable for cash and is good for new Members only. Market code AMEX25 may not be copied or transferred. Limit one offer per household.

Views
39 Comments
Add Comment
wonder if code would just do for people without card.

Baffled why this isn't getting more green and interest.

Very similar to the FREE Sam's Club deal I had up end of 2015.

tinkakat said:   wonder if code would just do for people without card.
††

no, cause you have to PAY by AMEX. it's free with the Gift Card value back.

Wonder is Amex Serve card can get this.

what's with the spelling mistakes near the end of the letter?...

I did this deal without seeing it on my offers with just the pdf. Everything worked fine but the cashier/manager had not seen the promotion before and weren't sure how to issue the GC. Just took them a while to make the system do it. Some folks are also getting a new member coupon book, but it seems to be geographical.

matr8x said:   what's with the spelling mistakes near the end of the letter?...
Heavy fingers.

Photo identification required when
appllyiing ffor MMembbershihip. FFullfillfillment of thf theBJíBJís new membbershhiip
offffer i sththe solle responsibility of BJís Wholesale Club, Inc.

Can you put AMEX needed in title for those who don't want to waste time reading ??

When they say new member, what exactly does that mean.
Obviously if you're a current member it's not available, but what if you were a member and let your membership expire a while ago?

Where did the PDF come from originally?

Does anyone got the membership with this PDF? Is it legitimate?Please confirm. I am on my way t BJs to get the membership.

AMEX Letter for BJ's
Disclaimer
I just looked in my AMEX offers and it was there. My letter didn't have the spelling issues, so I uploaded a copy of it. I don't see why this wouldn't work for everyone with an AMEX.†

If swapping household and primary members, is it better to let the old membership lapse first? How does that work with a BJs credit card? Just add the new membership number to the existing credit card? Also, can this stack with the free 30/60 day offers?

If you have already got the membership, can you just get the $25 gift card? That'd be nice. But I guess it might be too good to be true.

bobley said:   If swapping household and primary members, is it better to let the old membership lapse first? How does that work with a BJs credit card? Just add the new membership number to the existing credit card? Also, can this stack with the free 30/60 day offers?
You might as well let the old one expire since memberships expire at the end of the month and you don't want any overlap. As for the credit card, I wouldn't be surprised if it's tied to your membership and you have to apply for a new card, but I guess you could call and ask.

hookumsnivy said:   When they say new member, what exactly does that mean.
Obviously if you're a current member it's not available, but what if you were a member and let your membership expire a while ago?

New member in BJ's lingo means you do not have a current membership.

billrubin said:   New member in BJ's lingo means you do not have a current membership.
† Expired yesterday means you're a new member today?

Did this yesterday, thanks OP. My club had never done the offer, they had no issues once they found the code worked. 2 other points:
1) give a valid e-mail, you will receive $5 off $50 coupons in your e-mail throughout the year, First one arrived the following day I joined.(3 coupons in 1st year).
2) DirecTV offer was in my BJs club, Best offer $300.00 club gift card on two year DirecTV signup. Also waived the monthly DirecTv monthly fee for one month. Can also sign up online for $200.00 gift card, search for BJs Direct TV offer.

out of the box thinker here...

if you have a current membership, cancel TODAY or tomorrow.

You might even get a refund for a portion of your membership fee...

THEN, Monday or Tuesday, or FRIDAY or whenever next week, sign up for a new membership under this offer....

BOOM, Done, Microphone DROP!!!

I don't see the Offer in my AmEx account. Would presenting the letter still work?

Technologist said:   out of the box thinker here...

THEN, Monday or Tuesday, or FRIDAY or whenever next week, sign up for a new membership under this offer....

Not sure why you'd bother since the offer is valid for several months. Just save the letter, let your membership expire and go in the following month to join as a new member.

ImagineNoHell said:   I don't see the Offer in my AmEx account. Would presenting the letter still work?
Given that the deal is all done at the store, it makes no difference if you have the offer on your account. AMEX isn't giving you anything.

bobley said:   
billrubin said:   New member in BJ's lingo means you do not have a current membership.

††
No. New member means you should not have had membership for past 2 months.

nortotron said:   
bobley said:   

††No. New member means you should not have had membership for past 2 months.

There's no real policy. If your membership expires March 31, 2016, then technically April 1st you're a nonmember. It may be wise to wait 30 days before rejoining.

dwit said:   Wonder is Amex Serve card can get this.
I wonder if any Amex card will work. Would a Bank of America Amex work? Would an American Express debit card work? Amex prepaid debit card?

Photo identification required when appllyiing ffor MMembbershihip. FFullfillfillment of thf the BJíBJís new membbershhiip offffer is ththe solle responsibility of BJís Wholesale Club, Inc.

billrubin said:   
Technologist said:   out of the box thinker here...

Not sure why you'd bother since the offer is valid for several months. Just save the letter, let your membership expire and go in the following month to join as a new member.

† Because MANY times (especially when offers hit FW), they do not last the "several months" claimed on the offer.

Rule 3 of FW is take advantage of the offer immediately, as it could be rescinded at ANY time!

Joined up today using this AMEX offer. The Member Services CSR had no questions about the validity of the offer; everything went nice & smooth.

$0 to join plus I bought a set of 4 Michelin tires and got $70 off of that too.

Thank you OP and thank you AMEX!

EDIT: †I presented the offer letter without the typos to the Member Servises CSR.

I can't thank u enough for posting this today. I must have missed this the 1st time. U all are so helpful, can't thank u enough for all your sharing!

My membership expired more than a year ago. I tried to use one of their coupons for reduced membership and they refused because I HAD been a member. I have a Costco AMEX card....can I use that card since it is AMEX? Help needed here.

hollywould said:   My membership expired more than a year ago. I tried to use one of their coupons for reduced membership and they refused because I HAD been a member. I have a Costco AMEX card....can I use that card since it is AMEX? Help needed here.
My last "membership" had expired almost 17 months earlier, and they tried the same crap with me after purchasing a membership through Groupon. †I threw a minor fit, and ended up with a year's free membership, plus the purchased Groupon year. †They do have restrictions, stated in their renewal materials I received in the mail about buying new memberships within a period after the previous membership ends. †I think it's 60 or 90 days. †If you're within that restricted period, it may be tough going. †If you're outside that period, don't roll over - speak to the store manager.

Just in time for the weekend, I needed it.

bossofyou said:   
hollywould said:   My membership expired more than a year ago. I tried to use one of their coupons for reduced membership and they refused because I HAD been a member. I have a Costco AMEX card....can I use that card since it is AMEX? Help needed here.
My last "membership" had expired almost 17 months earlier, and they tried the same crap with me after purchasing a membership through Groupon. †I threw a minor fit, and ended up with a year's free membership, plus the purchased Groupon year. †They do have restrictions, stated in their renewal materials I received in the mail about buying new memberships within a period after the previous membership ends. †I think it's 60 or 90 days. †If you're within that restricted period, it may be tough going. †If you're outside that period, don't roll over - speak to the store manager.

† I had a groupon membership that was going to expire if I didn't use it by May 1st. My last membership expired March 30th. Though it was less than a month in-between, I had to try it mid April since I was going on vacation. Absolutely no questions asked when I gave them the Groupon. Same name and everything. It's really up to who you get. Considering how many promotions I've seen lately for a membership, I'd be surprised that they would give you a hard time. If it doesn't work, try another club or another person. Bottom line is they want members.

Took advantage of this offer this week. Showed them the letter attached in this post. CSR recognized it immediately and said it was a great deal. Took out a pad of pre-printed paper "gift cards" for the promotion and filled it out. Did the usual membership initiation ritual, paid, got my membership card and "gift card." GC expires on 8/31. Also for reference, I had a free 3-month free membership last fall -- expired just after Thanksgiving IIRC. Obviously enough time had elapsed that it didn't affect my eligibility for this deal.

Heads up, it's showing up again in my AE account with a Sept 30 deadline

Thanks OP

Can this gift card be used at a BJs Gas Station?

mmyk72 said:   Heads up, it's showing up again in my AE account with a Sept 30 deadline
Interesting. I had not noticed that but I went to BJ's to take advantage of the offer and realized wen I searched for the offer (from my phone in the parking lot) that it had expired on 8/31. Fortunately the employee knew about the new offer (same AMEX25 code as the old one, apparently) and was able to sign me up. I even had $20 on a gift card from the previous AMEX BJ's offer ($25 back when you spend $50) so I only had to spend $5 out of pocket.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017