posted 48 years ago by
joeparker54
Cranky Member

Link  OR $99 with free shipping and choice of color HERE 
These were $128 on BF.
Its a 10" windows 10 tablet with 32GB of storage and 2 gigs of ram. magnetic/pogo plug keyboard is pretty decent for the price - essentially a netbook for under $80. has micro sd slot (128gb max), bluetooth, full size usb2.0 slot, barrel plug charger and redundant micro usb (charging only - no OTG), 1280x800 decent display, and mini hdmi output. WalMart had these for black friday and began clearing them out at $78 instore. if you cant find the black one in store, they also have different colors available to order for $99 with free instore pickup.

battery life is just okay. It's rated at 6 hours - I get about 3-4 with heavier use. However, the extra 1gb of ram really helps over the typical Atom z3735 tabs/laptops out there in the sub $250 range (and there's a LOT of them - it's a $15 SOC). The major draw for me is that it fits perfectly into a half-drawer in my toolbox at work (which gets locked when i leave). I use a lot of parts ordering sites, diagrams, manuals, and spreadsheets everyday - iOS/Android apps and mobile format websites just dont cut it for me.
good luck!

Views
87 Comments
Add Comment
still rocking my BB Unbranded for $65, makes me miss cowboom now.

$78.00

Out of stock ... in my area  ... ???

Must resist the urge to buy another tab lol

I haven't had the urge in ages, two Nexus 7, fire tab, Unbranded 10 win10, LTE Spark Gpad. Too many but they all have a purpose. 

OOS around me also. I'm still using my Sero 7 Pro I got at WM a couple years ago. Still working fine (for my needs). Thanks.

Sept1967 said:   Decent little Atom cpu
http://ark.intel.com/products/80274/Intel-Atom-Processor-Z3735F-... 

It really is - cherry trail offers some really usable performance for the price/power consumption. I can play Fallout 3 with low to medium settings - That's pretty darn impressive for 2.5 watts. It kinda makes me want to play around with a surface 3 to see how much more powerful the newer x7 atom processors are.  

Website said store on Hwy 92, Woodstock, GA had two, but wouldn't let me order for pickup.  Took the saleschick a few minutes to find them in a locked, windowless cabinet.  There were five.  Now she has three.  Thanks, OP.

joeparker54 said:   battery life is just okay - rated at 6 hours

that's better than a lot of laptops lol

best part is getting a taste of win10 before I upgrade my laptop. Still resisting, I think I have till July to get free upgrade.

Purchased this tablet on black Friday for my son. It's actually pretty nice. Feels a little cheap, but no complaints really. Some apps aren't compatible with it, but that's an issue you run in with any tablets.

Bought 1 instore yesterday for $78, got home wanted more, very odd though not available online for store pick up,
they do show that store close by as having 6 instock.

Myself I do not need in color for $20 more

yesidonoitall said:   
Myself I do not need in color for $20 more

If I had to do it over again, I would order it. Finding one in store wound up being a hassle, and not just because I ended up driving over 100 miles to find one that wasn't nonexistent or squirreled away somewhere by an employee. I actually got into an argument with night shift employees at one store - long story short, they tried to feed me a line of crap and I wasn't biting. They pretty much refused to open up the cabinet to check for me and insisted I was wrong or an idiot when I told them they should have them in stock (another store manager told me they showed 5 in inventory)

Showed two in stock, drove to store just be told that they have been "lost" in store for some time.

I had to insist to bet the person to find it
He finally did when I made it clear I was not taking NO for an answer
The power brick is 120v only, fairly surprising for newer equipment
the keyboard is ok, the trackpad is poor
for this price I decided it could replace one of my laptops

Can Android be installed on this as a dual boot?

emmagata said:   Can Android be installed on this as a dual boot?
  i a, asking this question, too.  The answer seems yes.

insist on this product for years

getting a 5GB win10 ugrade on my Unbranded, you might be in line too.

Just installed the latest Win10 updates. Took almost 2 hours as the tablet comes with the August 2015 version of the OS. Seems to work well. FYI, the tablet has both full size USB and microUSB ports, but the microUSB port can only be used for charging not data transfer, mouse, etc., so you really just have one usable USB port for peripherals. On the plus side, you can charge via either the DC 5V connection or the microUSB port, and you can use the full size USB port while charging (unlike many tablets where the single microUSB port is used for charging or data connection, but not both at the same time). The ability to charge through the microUSB port means that you can charge via an external battery or a USB port (with an OTG cable). The DC port appears to charge faster than the microUSB port.

Keyboard is actually fairly good and 2GB RAM is helpful; Win10 will run in 1GB but there will be more swapping. Adequate speed for web browsing, email, etc. Boots up quickly.

Yesterday there were still 3 of these left in the Normal IL store. Someone please buy them so that I'm not tempted to get another one. It's a nice tablet, but I really don't need more.

chuckster said:   Yesterday there were still 3 of these left in the Normal IL store. Someone please buy them so that I'm not tempted to get another one. It's a nice tablet, but I really don't need more.
Go on, you know you want one, give in to the temptation

I bought a couple of these on Sunday and I will say they are great for the money. I was "lucky" that they had difficulty getting the locked cage open to get the 2nd one for me so had to wait almost an hour while they figured it out. They gave me an extra $20 off the price so I guess it worked out well in the end.
This will be perfect for using on the plane and general web browsing, emails etc.
Thanks for letting us know OP.

In for 1, about 10 left at Kenosha, WI store. Thanks OP

I know that 32 gig will mostly get sucked up by WIN10, is there a way I could dual boot into Linux Mint using a microSD card? I "love" Mint, and while most of the tablet probably wouldn't work (IE have to use a mouse and use it as a laptop while in Mint) I'd sure love to dual boot. I don't want WinDOZE sending back all kind of information to Micro$oft.

Any insights into this anyone?

TIA, AusTexDealSeeker

i added microsd but see no readyboost option to use a portion of the 32gb to bump the ram. i tried adding a usb3 flash and dont see it available for that either. google the problem seems to indicate a reinstall of the os. can anyone else confirm on their units if they insert a usb or microsd and rt click properties they do or dont have the option?

With the system drive being SSD, won't ReadyBoost be turned off? At least in Windows 7 ... "Since ReadyBoost will not provide a performance gain when the primary disk is an SSD, Windows 7 disables ReadyBoost when reading from an SSD drive."

And for the record, no, it is not available on mine either.

TY OP.
and interesting was that the service plan cost 50% of the tablet price!

I tried to get remix OS set up, both with USB and dual boot install, but no luck so far.... Tried a virtualbox install, but the little CPU just chokes when you try and throw a virtual machine at it. After awhile, I started wondering why I was trying so hard to put Android on a Windows tablet - I can play fallout, portal, half-life 2/CS.... Who the hell needs Android? I have other Android tabs and phones for when I want simplicity.

joeparker54 said:   I tried to get remix OS set up, both with USB and dual boot install, but no luck so far.... Tried a virtualbox install, but the little CPU just chokes when you try and throw a virtual machine at it. After awhile, I started wondering why I was trying so hard to put Android on a Windows tablet - I can play fallout, portal, half-life 2/CS.... Who the hell needs Android? I have other Android tabs and phones for when I want simplicity.

The little atom quad cores are over achievers (bay and cherry trail had to be to make up for the bad performing atoms of the past)  but they lack virtualization support so running VMs really isn't in their job description.  

KKCC said:   TY OP.
and interesting was that the service plan cost 50% of the tablet price!

LOL! I noticed that too - I like WM plans when they're affordably priced. I think I paid around $10 for a 2 year plan on my ZTE Zmax 2 that i bought for $80. In 18 months, the phone's value would depreciate more than that - it'd be a shame if it happened to fall out of my hand and get smashed....

comprx said:   With the system drive being SSD, won't ReadyBoost be turned off? At least in Windows 7 ... "Since ReadyBoost will not provide a performance gain when the primary disk is an SSD, Windows 7 disables ReadyBoost when reading from an SSD drive."

And for the record, no, it is not available on mine either.

Thanks i didn't realize that

The primary disk is likely an eMMC, cheaper and less performance than a true SSD... I don't think the Baytrail Atom SOC even has and SSD controller. eMMC is still to fast for readyboost to be of any benefit though.

Anyone have any comments about the screen on this. Is it IPS... TN, good? terrible?

I will buy one for my son, the price is only $78 and my area still have. so lucky!

$78.00 is high cost-performance for a 10.1 tablet.

anyone try bluestacks for android apps?

http://www.bluestacks.com/

Sales at the store on Crater Lake Hiway Medford Oregon are a standstill.   I went back yesterday for 2  and the same six were there as last Saturday

Waukesha, WI still has 6 or 7 as of noonish today. I checked Delafield, WI yesterday (where they actually showed up at $59 online) but despite what the website said they didn't actually have any.

Mine was apparently a return since someone else's login info was there when it booted and there was no way for me to bypass that. In case anyone else has that problem and doesn't feel like bothering to exchange/return it, you can do a factory reset without the password by doing the steps listed here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recover... (expand the "Reset your PC" info and look at the "Note" section).

SE michigan seems to be picked pretty well clean - from warren all the way up to sandusky.

EDIT - Strike that, Shelby Twp @ 23 mile and Vandyke has at least 3 or 4 left. Just picked up a second one because the first is finding way too much use at home.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017