• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Posted with ToGo

Nextbook Flexx 8.9" 2-in-1 Tablet 32GB Intel Atom  Quad-Core Processor Windows 10 - Walmart.com
$89
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nextbook-Flexx-8.9-2-in-1-Tablet-32GB-Intel-Atom-Z3735G-Quad-Core-Processor-Windows-10/46664254

Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Sep. 24, 2016 @ 5:21pm
Member Summary

Nextbook (32.02kB)
Thanks Xenocrates
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Unless you really want the 8.9" screen, I would recommend paying an extra $10 and get the RCA Cambio 10.1" 2-in-1.  Same screen resolution, but spread across a larger screen so the fonts will be easier to see.  Also you get 2GB of RAM on the RCA vs. 1GB on the Nextbook which is really needed for Win10.

rated:
Yeah, go with the RCA. Another minus, I bought 2 of the Nextbooks during the last sale ($67), they both have been having odd display / power issues. They don't seem that poorly made, but they act like they are.

rated:
I have been looking at the Nextbook 9" & 10" as well as the RCA Cambio 10 but am concerned that some reviews appeared to say that the units won't work while charging with comments referring to only working "OTG" which may mean On The Go - possibly meaning not being charged. That would appear to be a big limitation. Does anyone here know about that? It may be in the owners manuals but not sure.  Also I think I thought I read that the RCA 10 uses a USB charger but one reviewer said it was a proprietary one.  Any knowledge of that?

Also the keyboard on the Netxbooks seems to have larger keys than the RCA as well as contact feedback - any comments on that?  And is the Nextbook 9 KB ok for casual use since it it smaller with less space for it's layout?

Thanks,Tom

rated:
tomstachon said:   Also I think I thought I read that the RCA 10 uses a USB charger but one reviewer said it was a proprietary one.  Any knowledge of that?

Both.  It has a barrel-style charger, but it additionally has a micro USB port for charging.  I've heard the micro USB port charges slower -- I've only used the barrel one on mine.

rated:
OK, thanks for the replies on my questions - I'm now leaning towards to RCA Cambio especially since it has 2gb ram and allows use of a USB charger - and that would help a lot since I want to use it to travel, and don't want to have to carry separate chargers for my phone, camera and notebook. This way I should be able to get a USB charger with enough amps (2.5) to charge all 3 devices. I did get a call back from Nextbook tech support who confirmed that you have to charge it fully - then disconnect and use it, which sounds like you can't use it during charging - or maybe they meant it would slow down the charging - they did't say for sure. But do anyone know if the RCA has that limitation? It would be nice to use while charging. Thanks Tom

rated:
A 4/64gb version would be so ideal.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016