Anyone buy refurbished Vizios before?

Be wary of Vizio's bottom-line TVs. They have D, E, M, P, and Reference (in order from worst to best) and the D-series is so bad they weren't even mentioned on Vizio's website until about a month ago. Somebody over at Vizio asked the question "what's the hot trend right now? Oh, it's 4K? OK, let's make a scrape-the-bottom-of-the-feature-barrel TV but put 4K on it. People will gobble it up."

Plus they sell brand new for $899 (no refurb).

Just my two-cents but this TV is only if you want to say you have a 65" 4K (which there is nothing wrong with that, if that's what the ultimate goal is). Features and picture quality will cost an extra couple hundred dollars.

i've bought a 60" vizio tv form WalMart 3 months ago. was double Boxed and still had plastic on it, like new.

bigREDfreshness said:   Be wary of Vizio's bottom-line TVs. They have D, E, M, P, and Reference (in order from worst to best) and the D-series is so bad they weren't even mentioned on Vizio's website until about a month ago. Somebody over at Vizio asked the question "what's the hot trend right now? Oh, it's 4K? OK, let's make a scrape-the-bottom-of-the-feature-barrel TV but put 4K on it. People will gobble it up."

Just my two-cents but this TV is only if you want to say you have a 65" 4K (which there is nothing wrong with that, if that's what the ultimate goal is). Features and picture quality will cost an extra couple hundred dollars.

well reviews are pretty good for this tv.  pcmag praises its contrast and color accuracy...
pcmag review 

cheapest I can find it new is $988 @ Sams (out of stock).  

It's nothing I would buy personally as I'll be holding onto my 60" plasma until OLED TVs get cheap but I would certainly recommend this to friends and family

PSU2Fan said:   
bigREDfreshness said:   Be wary of Vizio's bottom-line TVs. They have D, E, M, P, and Reference (in order from worst to best) and the D-series is so bad they weren't even mentioned on Vizio's website until about a month ago. Somebody over at Vizio asked the question "what's the hot trend right now? Oh, it's 4K? OK, let's make a scrape-the-bottom-of-the-feature-barrel TV but put 4K on it. People will gobble it up."

well reviews are pretty good for this tv.  pcmag praises its contrast and color accuracy...
pcmag review 

cheapest I can find it new is $988 @ Sams (out of stock).  

It's nothing I would buy personally as I'll be holding onto my 60" plasma until OLED TVs get cheap but I would certainly recommend this to friends and family

I have one of this and I can say this is pretty awesome from the Dell Deal. Picture perfect with 4K Netflix and Amazon - 4 HDMI with 4K - 30 and 1 HDMI with 4K - 60.
Including the $250 + 100  + 100 for DPA - gift cards that I fully used to get a sound bar, A new 1900 AC router , a 3 TB external Hard Drive and a Bose noise cancelling headset - for a total of $1000 with a 2nd year extended warranty this price is a little bit higher than it should be.
My only regret is that the new E series has come out this month at almost the same price. 

just ordered one for free pick-up ( 7 days )

WAS $ 100 if shipped to HOME
NOW FREE SHIPPING, BUT $50 freight surcharge

Does anybody know if this has a gaming mode with post processing turned off? A deal breaker for me...

Most Vizo TVs do, but I don't want to assume and be disappointed.

CoreyC said:   Does anybody know if this has a gaming mode with post processing turned off? A deal breaker for me...

Most Vizo TVs do, but I don't want to assume and be disappointed.

yes

• Game mode reduces throughput delays and optimizes the picture settings for displaying game console output.
 https://support.vizio.com/s/search/All/d65u 

RegUSPatOff said:   just ordered one for free pick-up ( 7 days )

picked up Wednesday
double .b.o.x.e.d.
***** / *****

BACK IN STOCK
44 LEFT 6:30 PM 6/2/2016
29 LEFT 2:00 PM 6/3/2016
13 LEFT 6:30 PM 6/3/2016
 2 LEFT  6:30 AM 6/4/2016
 0 LEFT . . . . . . . .6/4/2016

extra remote $11.15 w/ free shipping XRT500 w/ qwerty keyboard WORKS on D65uD2
www.amazon.com/VIZIO-Back-light-M602I-B3-M322I-B1-M422I-B1/dp/B01764C4J2? 

1 LEFT 3:45 6/6/2016
more on the way ?

3 LEFT 8:00 PM 6/6/2016
more on the way

AT LEAST 5 LEFT 6:30 PM 6/7/2016
can no longer determine how many TOTAL in stock

may be totally dead,
I will keep checking for a few days

back in stock

6 back in stock

There are STILL 6 left in stock..

BACK IN STOCK
5 LEFT 9:00 AM 7/28/2016

BACK IN STOCK
5  LEFT 6:30 pm  8/6/2016

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017