Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: HOT DEALS, FINANCE, HOT DEALS. — Sep. 26, 2016 @ 8:02am
rated:
Tks, I've pretty much stopped using this card, but amz and home improvement are pretty easy to work with.

rated:
This didn't excite me much, because I have the Amazon Store Card, which gives me 5% back on purchases, so I couldn't see why I would use the Discover card there.

But I guess that using the Discover card at Amazon will put additional money into my Discover cashback, which will enable me to buy more Staples gift cards at 25% off.

rated:
Good to know. Thanks.

rated:
I see Amazan is lined up for the final quarter as well (as has been the case the last several years). Hmm, how much $$$$ in gift cards can one get?

rated:
yoregano said:   I see Amazan is lined up for the final quarter as well (as has been the case the last several years). Hmm, how much $$$$ in gift cards can one get?
  About $1,500 per quarter 

rated:
5% is good but 10% is better and unfortunately my one year of all the cash back doubling is just about over.

rated:
mathfaster said:   5% is good but 10% is better and unfortunately my one year of all the cash back doubling is just about over.

same boat bro .... should get my couple thou this month

rated:
Thanks op! but shouldn't this be in deal discussion not hot deals?

rated:
crystal6218 said:   Thanks op! but shouldn't this be in deal discussion not hot deals?

no

rated:
Thanks OP! Green for you.

rated:
Thanks OP! Green for you.

rated:
Cool, got some projects around the house I need to do. Now I can delay them till July!

rated:
mathfaster said:   5% is good but 10% is better and unfortunately my one year of all the cash back doubling is just about over.

How do you figure out when your year of doubling is over?

I am trying to figure out if its this statement or next. I have an email that stated I called in the double cashback on July 7, 2015, and my first statement after that was July 16, 2015.

rated:
does a mom/pop flooring store count?

rated:
Krazen1211 said:   

I am trying to figure out if its this statement or next. I have an email that stated I called in the double cashback on July 7, 2015, and my first statement after that was July 16, 2015.

My best suggestion is to e-mail/chat with customer service and see what they say.  Some think it's a statement thing and others say it depends on when you were approved for the card. 

Either way, the home improvement category will probably be the last quarter for doubling for me.  I can grab a few gift cards for places I eat a frequently.  Whatever Lowe's/Home depot doesn't have, I can cover the tab with my Chase Freedom.

rated:
I loaded $1000+$100 from federal tax return to Amazon gift card (10% extra) via H& R Block tax software filing. Was skeptical in the beginning, but it worked perfectly. Just FYI for next year.

rated:
Starts today!

Someone stop me from buying a ton of Amazon.com gift cards...

rated:
Big incentive here to buy that first GC: https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1510217/

rated:
raceman73 said:   
Krazen1211 said:   

My best suggestion is to e-mail/chat with customer service and see what they say.  Some think it's a statement thing and others say it depends on when you were approved for the card. 

Either way, the home improvement category will probably be the last quarter for doubling for me.  I can grab a few gift cards for places I eat a frequently.  Whatever Lowe's /Home depot doesn't have, I can cover the tab with my Chase Freedom.

I did. But the lady didn't answer my question, or didn't understand it. I will try again.

rated:
Gotcha. They actually sent me a cashback update e-mail a few days ago.

rated:

rated:
So can I buy myself "the gift of prime" and spend it when my subscription is up in 2017?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prime/pipeline/prime_gifting_landing

rated:
I use my Discover Cash Back to get Staples gc and am getting double CB but I don't understand why folks are buying Amazon gc.
Are you using the Amazon gc to buy other gc or are you actually buying stuff on Amazon?
I get compensated for taste testing with Amazon gc's so I don't usually buy them. 
But if there's a way to cash out the gc's I'd be eager to use Discover.

I waited until July 1 and 5% CB to get a new vacuum cleaner.
I got the Dyson Allergy from Home Depot.  Reg. price $500-ish.  Discontinued model now $288 at HD, $299 on Dyson.com.
Went through Plenti for 3 pts per dollar and paid w/ Discover card.
I have HD gc but better to get doubled 5% back while I still can.
Could have had it delivered for free but chose to pick up the next time I'm shopping in sales tax free NH.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016