• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Microsoft Lumia 640 GoPhone (Certified Like-New) is on sale for $22.94 + tax + FS at att.com.

https://www.att.com/cellphones/microsoft/lumia-640-refurb-prepaid.html#sku=sku7680350 

Just add whatever service plan, it will add an airtime card to your cart, then remove the airtime card before checking out.

Should be fairly easy to unlock.  Just make sure to do it before turning on the phone.  Or you can always buy an unlock code from fleabay.  I've gotten them for 0.99.

Ebates has a $5 cash back on phone purchases, so keeping my fingers crossed!!

Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Sep. 29, 2016 @ 12:59am
Member Summary

lumia (16.94kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Did you receive your order?. Refill card came separately or already applied?. 

Thanks

vamos (Jun. 30, 2016 @ 3:45p) |

For those trying to unlocked this phone. Here is what worked for me

- Keep the phone for like 1 month until the initial a... (more)

howardc64 (Jul. 16, 2016 @ 2:22a) |

It should work with tmobile. My first Lumia did.

schoolsgirl (Jul. 16, 2016 @ 3:40p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Two lumia 635's received from ATT last fall were like new, under 10 hours of talk time on them.

rated:
Windows 10 upgrade for AT&T lumia 640 is now available.

rated:
isopeanut said:   Windows 10 upgrade for AT&T lumia 640 is now available.
  Really? I have a spare Lumia 640 with the update app installed. I gave up checking for the Win10 upgrade. I'll try it again, thanks!

rated:
Tilt said:   under 10 hours of talk time on them.
How to find that out?

rated:
  https://www.att.com/devicehowto/tutorial.html#!/stepbystep/id/st...

rated:
I removed the airtime card. Will we be charged $30.00 monthly? I want a backup phone.

rated:
Any good cashback on this type of transaction?

rated:
ny1902 said:   I removed the airtime card. Will we be charged $30.00 monthly? I want a backup phone.

Previous experience says no.  Its basically up to you to refill within 26 days or account will be canceled

rated:
bobley said:   Any good cashback on this type of transaction?

Ebates has a $5 cash back for phone purchase, so keeping my fingers crossed.

rated:
Lumia 520/521/635/640 (all ones I own) So I know by experience, if you like cortana to read texts aloud, be aware that feature is not available with wp10. Rolled my 640 back to wp8.1 just to have that feature.

rated:
marcopolomle said:   Tilt said:   under 10 hours of talk time on them.
How to find that out?

All settings, Extras, Network+
Dunno if this goes back to 0 when the phone is reset though.

rated:
GinoMachino said:   

Why crossing fingers?
eBates said: Prepaid Phones
$5.00 Cash Back on Phone only
$2.50 Cash Back on SIM only
5.0% Cash Back on Accessories

rated:
Does anyone knows how eBates calculates the total for cashback--Is it before tax/shipping or the total amount you paid?

I have the welcome bonus offer for $10 which I would like to take advantage of.
eBates said: Get your $10 Welcome Bonus when you make qualifying purchases totaling $25 or more by 8/10/16.

rated:
It won't let me check out without selecting a plan. Even removing the airtime card, it still shows a monthly plan price of either $30,$45, or $60?

rated:
Bought one.

Been an android user since Galaxy Nexus.. (May 2012)
Have been curious about the Lumia phones.. and if I would be able to use it the way I want.
I am mostly in the Google ecosystem.. I have Google Play Music All Access and use Chromecast many times. I guess I;ll have to research now if those can be easily accessible from Lumia phones or not.
One good thing is that this is a really good phone for a cheap price.. so it's well worth to see if you like the interface/apps/etc or not.

rated:
with cash back, never know with the fine print (min purchase, new phone, etc).  however, at $22.94, I'm comfortable enough with the price point where its a good deal without cash back.  Anything more is gravy. 
marcopolomle said:   
GinoMachino said:   

Why crossing fingers?
eBates said: Prepaid Phones
$5.00 Cash Back on Phone only
$2.50 Cash Back on SIM only
5.0% Cash Back on Accessories

rated:
DFW06 said:   It won't let me check out without selecting a plan. Even removing the airtime card, it still shows a monthly plan price of either $30,$45, or $60?

Select a plan, any plan, and it'll place the airtime card for the same value in the cart.  Then remove the airtime card from your cart.  It'll says due today amount is for phone and tax, and due monthly is the plan amount.  My previous experience has been that they don't charge the plan as its contingent upon you to refill the account with the amount of the plan.  If you don't do it by the 26th day, your account is canceled.

rated:
Can we order more than one or place multiple orders? EDIT: 1/transaction. I'm not sure what the total order limit might be? 

Other than some possible airtime use, how does this differ from new?

rated:
Nokia cost like $6B so in comparison, this is a bargain.  Well...not really, but...

rated:
Plan on using this a BYOP over at Tracfone.  Thanks OP!  EDIT to add:  The eBates button for Chrome sent me to U-verse, so I went through the eBates site itself to try for the $5 cashback from AT&T Wireless.   Lots of other cheap Certified phones besides this one if you prefer Android OS

rated:
GinoMachino said:   

I searched but couldn't find, where does it say $5 cb?
Edit: NM. Found it at ATT wireless, not Uverse.

rated:
RaoMonger said:   
GinoMachino said:   

I searched but couldn't find, where does it say $5 cb?

You need to improve your searching skills.
http://www.ebates.com/coupons/at-t-wireless/index.htm

rated:
would this phone work well with ringplus?

rated:
Once unlocked (assuming that is possible), would this support other LTE bands (thinking of moving to TotalWireless)?

rated:
diamente said:   would this phone work well with ringplus?
  Work well?  You cannot activate this phone on Ring+ so the answer is no it would not work at all..  Thanks for the obligatory "will this work on Ringplus" question.  A prepaid thread is just not complete without someone asking this.

eswarjj:  It looks like Total Wireless uses Verizon so you are out of luck if you wish to use this phone there.  

UPDATE:  I received the e-mail letting me know the phone is expected to ship between 6/10-6/14    I even have a phone number

rated:
Order Cancelled.

Unfortunately, we were unable to confirm your identity with the information you provided. Your order has been canceled, and you haven't been charged for this transaction.

rated:
Would it work with T-Mobile?

rated:
eswarjj said:   Once unlocked (assuming that is possible), would this support other LTE bands (thinking of moving to TotalWireless)?
  If these can't be unlocked via the AT&T process, I think you could return them without a restocking fee, or at least try to. Isn't the AT&T unlocking program part of a settlement with the government?

rated:
i am already att customer and lost my phone, need this to replace my smart phone until i find anything else..will it work or it just works with new line/prepaid etc

rated:
bobley said:     If these can't be unlocked via the AT&T process, I think you could return them without a restocking fee, or at least try to. Isn't the AT&T unlocking program part of a settlement with the government?
  These are probably different than those NIB.  I'm pretty sure you'd not have your request honored via the website unless you had a totally different person to do it since buying one of these just made you an AT&T mobility customer.  Maybe a month or two down the road you might be able to request it.   I dunno, I'll be using it on AT&T through Tracfone so it doesn't concern me getting mine unlocked.

rated:
wolfy234 said:   i am already att customer and lost my phone, need this to replace my smart phone until i find anything else..will it work or it just works with new line/prepaid etc
It will work on your plan but you'll need a new SIM.

rated:

marcopolomle;19525240 said:
wolfy234 said:   i am already att customer and lost my phone, need this to replace my smart phone until i find anything else..will it work or it just works with new line/prepaid etc
It will work on your plan but you'll need a new SIM.

it's not letting me order just the phone. forcing me to add a plan. 

rated:
I ordered this phone last night and received an e-mail this morning saying something is suspicious about my order and it has been cancelled. I chatted online with customer service who said I will have to go into a brick & mortar AT&T store to buy the phone. I have been an AT&T GoPhone customer for over 3 years and currently have a phone number with them, so this is odd?

rated:
Yes, when you go att.com unlock it free

rated:
so are you guys adding the 30$ plan and not using it so it automatically cancels it? it's forcing me to add either data of 3gb, 6gb or 30$ per line charge.

rated:
Not letting me add to cart from a mobile device

rated:
neobes said:   I ordered this phone last night and received an e-mail this morning saying something is suspicious about my order and it has been cancelled. I chatted online with customer service who said I will have to go into a brick & mortar AT&T store to buy the phone. I have been an AT&T GoPhone customer for over 3 years and currently have a phone number with them, so this is odd?
This happens when there is some red flag in your history but they will never tell you what it is !
It used to happen to people (including me) who bought too many phone within too short a period.

rated:
wolfy234 said:   so are you guys adding the 30$ plan and not using it so it automatically cancels it? it's forcing me to add either data of 3gb, 6gb or 30$ per line charge.
If you care to to read the OP (and other posts by him/her) it's explained very well.

Skipping 91 Messages...
rated:
It should work with tmobile. My first Lumia did.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016