• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
I saw this on Groupon today and while this does seem like a good price, especially if you use CB sites, I was more surprised by the last line in the specs description about the Fire OS being removed. I don't think I have ever seen this before. If it is back to a stock Android 4.4 would one conclude this has been rooted for you?

It is normally $49.99 but there is a small sale ending 6/12 which brings it down to $46.99. Link 

Kindle Fire HD 16GB 7” Tablet (Refurbished)

Originally designed as an e-reader, the Kindle Fire HD has evolved into the do-everything media device. You can watch TV and movies, surf the internet, and still read your favorite books and magazines.

Dual-Band WiFi Connection
The Kindle Fire HD was the first tablet to have two ways to connect to WiFi (2.4GHz and 5.0GHz). As more and more devices rely on wireless connectivity, the 2.4GHz band gets slowed down, so having the 5.0 GHz option allows the tablet to pick whichever network will be faster and gives you faster internet speed.

Google Play: Apps, Entertainment, and More
The official online marketplace for Android devices, Google Play brims with well over a million downloadable apps, as well as songs, movies, TV shows, and e-books. It also offers content for customizing your device’s functionality, from virtual keyboards to lock screens.Specifics

• 7” LCD touchscreen
  • 1280x800 resolution
  • Android OS Kit Kat 4.4
  • 16GB internal storage
  • Front-facing HD camera
  • Built-in microphone
  • Bluetooth
  • Dual driver stereo speakers
  • Battery life: up to 11 hours
  • Product dimensions: 7.6”x5.4”x0.4”
  • Please note: The Fire OS has been removed and this Kindle is now running on the Android 4.4 OS

Member Summary

Kindle Fire HD 16GB 7" Tablet Refurb
Thanks Neilium
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Does not tell you what generation this unit is , as older versions are dual core later version quad core ; although Iam pretty sure Android is only capable on the quad core units .

Android 4.4, yuck, stay away.

What's wrong with Android 4.4.

Based upon specs, I surmise that this is likely 2012 Fire HD (the Tate model).

Agreed, this is the 2012 version looking at the picture. I have one that I am going to try to do this to, but marshmallow is available .

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016