ragingwookiee
Senior Member - 9K

Posted with ToGo

155-Piece Craftsman Mechanics Tool Set + $15 SYWR Points
$74.99
http://www.sears.com/craftsman-155-piece-mechanics-tool-set/p-00953155000P

4 Comments
Add Comment
More deals in the official Kmart & Sears $5 off $50 coupon thread.
rated:
This is actually a good deal. I will say right off the bat that these aren't your fathers US made Craftsman tools, so don't get teary eyed about them. They are foreign made tools, and are not as good as the old Craftsman tools back when they were made in the US. That said, the ratchets should work well for most home users, the 75 tooth, smooth handled ratchets make them much more functional, if not as durable or strong. The sockets are mostly 6 point, which is great, six point sockets are far less likely to round fasteners or break than 12pt. The lifetime warranty does still apply, just expect to use it more often than the old tools.

My oldest son is just learning how to work on cars, and is currently enrolled in some automotive classes at the local vocational school while on summer break from college, I have been buying him tools a little at a time (mostly JH Williams made in USA tools). His next need is metric sockets, I was going to order him a couple of sets of the Williams foreign mad 3/8" drive sockets and the Williams US made ratchets. I will still get him the Williams ratchets, but at this price these sockets are a great starter set at a great price, even if the ratchets are well, ratchet.

rated:
I will still get him the Williams ratchets, but at this price these sockets are a great starter set at a great price, even if the ratchets are well, ratchet.

+1 for the pun. Happy Father's Day!

rated:
Mostly the wrenches are still fine, the sockets themselves are still fine. Pawn shops / garage sales for your ratchets, buy either old Craftsman or who knows what else; pretty much anything better than current Craftsman ratchet, too bad.

Myself, I do prefer 12 point, don't think I've ever stripped a nut because of them.

Only once have I had a Craftsman socket fail, 3/4", used on lug nuts for decades, cracked earlier this year, Snears replaced it no problem.

rated:
$67.49 now

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016