• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
3 Months of Audible Membership

Travelzoo  has 3 Months of Audible Membership for $5.85 w/ promotional code NEWTRAVEL

At the end of your 3 Month promotional period where you are paying $1.95/month, you will be charged the full amount of $14.95 per month so please remember to cancel.
Existing Gold members may have to cancel current subscriptions before starting a new one

copy and pate following link

www.travelzoo.com/entertainment/more/-6-3-Month-Audible-Membership-85-Off-Best-Sellers-2286609/

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
This is not FREE....its 1.95/month. Please update the Title.

rated:
Oops... I am not eligible for this promotion. (lapsed Audible subscriber.)

Edit: I forgot I'm on a 90-day free Audible prime deal. I'll have to see if this works after my trial is up.

rated:
Thanks, I'm always looking for deals on audio books. I recently discovered there are audio books I can listen to with Kindle unlimited but many aren't Available there. This can help fill in the gaps.

rated:
How redneck is Amazon about making sure I don't already have an account IE if I were to sign up for this using a different email address etc would Amazon crosscheck it by debit card acct number and address etc? I do wish that Audible was shared, like Prime benefits can be shared, I could easy get someone in my circle to sign up for this and share with me if that was available but I sure can't see Amazon do it.....

It'd be great to pick up three books for next to nothing.

Audible is great, I listen every day on bike ride, often when net cruizing, sometimes when driving if it's more than a 15 minute drive...

rated:
AusTexDealSeeker said:   How redneck is Amazon about making sure I don't already have an account IE if I were to sign up for this using a different email address etc would Amazon crosscheck it by debit card acct number and address etc? I do wish that Audible was shared, like Prime benefits can be shared, I could easy get someone in my circle to sign up for this and share with me if that was available but I sure can't see Amazon do it.....

It'd be great to pick up three books for next to nothing.

Audible is great, I listen every day on bike ride, often when net cruizing, sometimes when driving if it's more than a 15 minute drive...

There should be no reason to create a separate account.  I just used this to restart a subscription that I cancelled a couple of weeks ago without any issues.  

rated:
This is my first experience with Audible. Deal is still on but it's gotten off to a rocky start for me. I didn't know Audible's files are DRM protected (meaning you can't download to Mp3, only .AA or .AAX, and are restricted to downloading/playing on "authorized" devices, which in these days of having multiple inexpensive computers in the form of desktops, laptops, tablets - authorizing and deauthorizing gets to be a pain in the ass)

They do allow you to burn the files to audio CD, but ONLY one time and only using iTunes, which can then be ripped to MP3 format. Which is better than nothing:
http://audible.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4751/related...
I tried to import my downloaded files (which you need to download using Audible's proprietary download manager) into iTunes, but got a message "Failed to import audible file" when I tried.

There are 3rd party apps that can bypass the DRM and convert to MP3. First one I tried wouldn't convert AA files, only AAX, so I had to redownload using Audible proprietary download manager (which looks like it was programmed in 1995 by the way). Haven't tried to convert the new file yet, just wanted to point out my experiences so far.

Look, I'm no stickler on DRM (I use Steam for computer games and I'm fine with buying games for about the price I'd be willing to rent them), but the regular price of $15/month for Audible seems pretty questionable based on my first experience. It does include some perks though such as audio subscription to NYT or WSJ, which I haven't tried yet. But if you hate DRM, Audible is not for you, so just a heads up.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016