posted 2 months ago by
spamfree5

I saw this at my local BJs. Some people love Seikis, some hate 'em (sometimes due to not configuring it properly), but they get most of the credit for bringing down the price of 4K TVs (their original ones were around $1K when the cheapest competing TVs were around $5K). Check the reviews (e.g. at Amazon) to make sure it meets your needs.

SIKIE 42" 4K
LED ULTRA HDTV
SE42UM

ORIGINAL PRICE: $349.98
MFR CLIPLESS COUPON -$150.00 EXPIRES 01/26/17
YOU PAY AT THE REGISTER $199.98

Sorry for the all-caps; that's how it was displayed. I'm using an older Seiki 39" 4K TV as my monitor as I write this. camelcamelcamel shows $290.23 as Amazon's best price (currently $316).

Although this was near "display model" TVs, they were new in box, and there were several boxes there.

2 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOVIES AND HOME THEATER, HOT DEALS. — Sep. 27, 2016 @ 5:03pm
rated:
NO HDCP 2.2 so most streaming devices will not play well with this. Great as a Monitor if you want one that big and dont mind a low response time.

rated:
importcf said:   NO HDCP 2.2 so most streaming devices will not play well with this. Great as a Monitor if you want one that big and dont mind a low response time.
It looks like the SE42UMS is the one with HDCP 2.2.

For a monitor, though, big is good if you are looking to replace 2-4 1080p monitors (that's what I did). The low response time can be fixed with a firmware upgrade (~300ms to ~40ms, IIRC). It's not for gaming, but an incredible $200 monitor.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016