• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
AMEX offers Sam's Club membership spend $45 or more get $45 in statement credit YMMV

Member Summary

Sam's Club
Thanks Kcarlsen21
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Went this weekend, tried using the Discover $10 GC offer, but was turned down since the CSR didn't know how to put it in... (more)

russ0519 (Jul. 13, 2016 @ 1:57p) |

Add-on memberships are $45 annually. They are available for businesses only at both the business and Plus membership lev... (more)

NoMoneyInMyWallet (Jul. 13, 2016 @ 2:54p) |

Has anyone tried joining if they're already a secondary member on someone else's card? Is that considered a new member?

B... (more)

billrubin (Sep. 04, 2016 @ 7:07p) |

"Get a 1X $45 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $45+ in a single transaction in-Club on a new Sam's Club Membership at any Samís Club location in the 50 U.S. states by 9/30/16. Valid on new memberships only. See terms for exclusions. "
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Does that mean AMEX is subsidizing new memberships, or that can be spent on buying goods using that plus your Costco membership?

ymmv for me

Here's the terms:

Get a 1X $45 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $45+ in a single transaction in-Club on a new Sam's Club Membership at any Samís Club location in the 50 U.S. states by 9/30/16. Valid on new memberships only. See terms for exclusions.

So looks to me like it's only subsidizing the membership (ie AmEx is annoyed about losing the Costco business, so trying to encounter Sam's Club memberships)

not any either of my cards.. membership is up for renewal too. oh well

ablang said:   Does that mean AMEX is subsidizing new memberships, or that can be spent on buying goods using that plus your Costco membership?
† for NEW membership fee only.

this is good for those who missed the best deal from last month. we could get the Plus membership that was worth $99 for free after giftcard and freebies. it depends on how u look at those freebies values.
Plus membership is alot better. after my first prescription drop off, i already saved $70.

Any idea if this would work on GCs purchased at customer service?

Wow thanks OP. I wasn't planning on being a member, but why wouldn't I with this?

Got it

0/6 here.

If you go to the SamsClub.†com website, you can get a coupon code for a free $10 GC with membership good after July 4th.

link added
http://www3.samsclub.com/best-deals/membership-deals

iseetrails said:   If you go to the SamsClub.†com website, you can get a coupon code for a free $10 GC with membership good after July 4th.
† I don't see the coupon. Could you provide a link or screenshot?
Thank you.

Mind sharing where to look for the cupon code?
Free is nice, but -10$ sounds even better

Interesting that I didn't get this offer, as I'm a Costco member that just accepted the new AmEx. You'd think I'd be the Target audience.

Received on 5 of 5 cards. 2 primary cards, and 3 cards I'm an AU on. All SPG/OBC.

Wasn't on my card a couple days ago but is now. Thanks

Do you think my wife signing up using the same address as my soon expiring SAMS account qualify?

Thank you very much, 2 cards have it. $90 cash found on the road, yeah

CountingTheDays said:   Mind sharing where to look for the cupon code?

† I don't think that will work unless you use the coupon for an advanced membership. $10 off a standard $45 membership is $35, which won't trigger the Amex statement credit.

Does SAMs even take amex? My SAMs card is a MasterCard

ezletzpla said:   Does SAMs even take amex? My SAMs card is a MasterCard
††http://help.samsclub.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1551/~/accepted-payment-methods

cmcdan1524 said:   
iseetrails said:   If you go to the SamsClub.†com website, you can get a coupon code for a free $10 GC with membership good after July 4th.
† I don't see the coupon. Could you provide a link or screenshot?
Thank you.

$10 coupon link

††http://www3.samsclub.com/best-deals/membership-deals

mrNorway said:   Thank you very much, 2 cards have it. $90 cash found on the road, yeah
††
But isn't this only on new membership? i.e. presumably each household gets one membership.

wyle1 said:   
CountingTheDays said:   Mind sharing where to look for the cupon code?

† I don't think that will work unless you use the coupon for an advanced membership. $10 off a standard $45 membership is $35, which won't trigger the Amex statement credit.

††
I think it will work. The offer is for a free $10 gift card - i.e. they should be charging $45.

Not available on my card

Does anyone know if we can take the plus membership for $90 and use $45 on two cards to pay for it (with $45 statement credit on 2 cards)? There is an offer of $25 gift card for plus membership (see discover deals; there are no restrictions on use of discover card only) thus sweetening the pot.

I didn't get the offer on our cards - but I got the one last year and screwed up by not noticing that you had to go to a SAMS Club store to sign up - I did it online (same price) and the credit didn't apply.† Make sure you check.

Regarding the $10 gift card, it says when you join after July 4th, but in the small print on the bottom it says valid thru July 4th?

Just called my local Sam's Club about the $10 off offer. They said it is good for today only. Thus explaining the confusing "use it after 7/4 and expires 7/4".

I will try to go there today and join using the coupon and AmEx deal and report back.

jpessin3 said:   Regarding the $10 gift card, it says when you join after July 4th, but in the small print on the bottom it says valid thru July 4th?
† I tried to use $10 GC coupon on July 3rd and they said not good yet and to come back after July 4th. †

Discover has $25 GC offer (although it says must pay with discover, but I doubt they enforce that).

works with master card?

What's the definition of a new member? My membership lapsed last week.

jpessin3 said:   Regarding the $10 gift card, it says when you join after July 4th, but in the small print on the bottom it says valid thru July 4th?
It appears that there was a $10 off offer previously, but now it's a $10 gift card offer. They probably did not change the fine print. Same way as you get the message "Non-member fees waived for this Offer. No other conditions or privileges of annual membership apply" after requesting the emailed $10 GC offer.

Given that the AMEX offer requires you to spend $45, the $10 off would not have worked so the gift card offer is better, as someone else previously stated.

russ0519 said:   Discover has $25 GC offer (although it says must pay with discover, but I doubt they enforce that).
$25 when you get the Plus membership. $10 with the basic $45 membership (same as the emailed offer posted here).

Hmm. I purchased a new Sam's Club membership yesterday at the customer service desk on Sunday. (Yesterday). No confirmation of offer used.... any one having the same issue?

Wait a week -- there's no instant confirmation like other Amex offers

jatan1986 said:   Wait a week -- there's no instant confirmation like other Amex offers
† Yup you are right! †I got the credit two days afterwards!

Skipping 5 Messages...
Has anyone tried joining if they're already a secondary member on someone else's card? Is that considered a new member?

BTW for anyone who hasn't done this deal yet (like me), there is a great membership deal at Sam's thru Labor Day. Details and discussion are in this thread:

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1520511

Basically free upgrade to Plus, free $20 gift card, free pizza and cookies.

Here's the link to the SC site with the details:

https://www3.samsclub.com/best-deals/membership-deals/offer

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016