With a 1920 x 1080 Full HD resolution
  • True 16:9 aspect ratio
    View your movies as the director intended
  • Wide 176-degree vertical and 176-degree horizontal angles
    See a clear picture from anywhere in the room
  • Built-in digital tuner ATSC/NTSC
    Watch digital broadcasts, including HDTV programs where available
  • HDMI Inputs: 3
    Enjoy a superior HD experience with HDMI, the one cable audio/video solution
  • 50" screen measured diagonally from corner to corner
  • Wall mountable
    VESA standard 200mm x 200mm

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sceptre-X505BV-F-50-1080p-60Hz-LED-HDT...

This is a basic TV that is pretty large .. price is on Rollback
Includes a TV Tuner for Antenna TV

Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOVIES AND HOME THEATER, HOT DEALS. — Sep. 26, 2016 @ 11:39am
Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Seems like a great deal. Thanks OP.
What's the catch?

rated:
marcopolomle said:   Seems like a great deal. Thanks OP.
What's the catch?

We have 3 of these here at home.  They're pretty decent for the $.  The sound is terrible so we have external speakers connected.  Have a Roku stick in one, fire stick in another and a third one is for the kids and their gaming systems.

You get what you pay for, but these are decent.

rated:
You can get a 49" Sceptre with 4k resolution for $300:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sceptre-U505CV-U-49-4K-Ultra-HD-2160p-...

I own one. Built in speakers are weak on mine as well. Works great as a TV. It's extremely light by the way. I'd say the catch is if you use it as a computer monitor. It still works and it's my primary monitor, but the problem is the screen dims. Let's say you've got a word document open - so lot's of text against a white background. Start highlighting some text with your mouse (thus adding a lot of darker blue color onto the screen) and the brightness of the entire screen dims significantly. This frequently happens when looking at web pages - you're looking at a bunch of text, but scroll up or down to where there's a darker image or something and the whole screen goes darker. Scroll away so the darker area is off the screen and it gets to normal brightness again. No, you can't turn this off by turning off 'dynamic contrast' or some other setting. When you're watching video or playing games, you don't notice this much if at all. But other situations - you will. So best case is to use it as a secondary PC monitor.

I don't know if this particular model posted by OP has the same problem or not. Just wanted to present an option at similar price with pros (4k) and cons (dimming)

rated:
Evander, that should beable to be disabled in the tv options. See if it has a computer/monitor video mode for better presets.

rated:
jeffmd said:   Evander, that should beable to be disabled in the tv options. See if it has a computer/monitor video mode for better presets.
  There is an option to disable dynamic contrast, which is already turned off, but that's not what is causing the dimming. From what I've read, it's inherent in the design and I saw a youtube of the same thing happening on one of Samsung's models. What seemed like the most likely fix someone posted is to turn the brightness of the tv very low, but compensate through NVIDIA control panel. Haven't tried doing it yet

rated:
Evander said:   You can get a 49" Sceptre with 4k resolution for $300:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sceptre-U505CV-U-49-4K-Ultra-HD-2160p-... 

seems like a good television too.. 4k will probably last longer with new standards but I am very into cord cutting and I am hearing that standards are about to change again.. this will mean new antenna tuners need to be used for ATSC 3.0 so it will basically obsolete every tv out there again like digital transition did.. the work arounds will be set top boxes for cable and streaming... and that is another thing cable is about to move everything to streaming.. you won't actually get a tv signal off your cable line into your house it will be IP pushed content just like you were watching off of hulu or netflix or vue.. this means no more recording tv off of cable.. so if you ever wanted to compile an archive of content off cable tv and save it to a hard drive you better get yourself a silicondust or ceton cablecard tuner right now and get it done.. its probably about 9 months out and tests have already started...

rated:
problem with 4k is color and display calibration is a wreck, and no it isn't good for a pc monitor. Just around the corner (if not now) should be ultra HD (4k) premium sets.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016