Good deal for California no extra FFL Fee ( + background fee & tax varies by state and county. )

http://www.big5sportinggoods.com/store/details/mossberg-maverick... 

Protect your home and loved ones with the Maverick 88 8-Shot from Mossberg. This security shotgun is an incredible value. Each Maverick 88 has a 20" fixed cylinder choke with a 3" chamber and synthetic stock.. Product Features
• 20" fixed-cylinder choke
• Synthetic stock
• 3" chamber

6 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread had been placed under moderation to keep thread on topic. — Jul. 6, 2016 @ 8:07am
rated:
I have the vent rib version, it's a good, cheap Mexican pump action shotgun.

rated:
From site:

*California Proposition 65 Notice: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and/or other reproductive harm.

This may be of more danger to the owner then anyone else. lol

rated:
RayDogg said:   From site:

*California Proposition 65 Notice: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and/or other reproductive harm.

The California Proposition 65 Notice is on every thing in California you will see it on the wall of grocery stores

rated:
Butcherboy said:   
RayDogg said:   From site:

The California Proposition 65 Notice is on every thing in California you will see it on the wall of grocery stores

Parking garages have warnings that parking your car there may cause cancer

rated:
Chemo treatments should include same warning as should hospitals...

rated:
I bought a Maverick 88 about 3 months ago, and it is great for the money. It will shoot practically anything!

Be prepared, though, if you have problems right off the bat cycling shells through it. This isn't too common, but I did have problems cycling shells the first time I went out to shoot it. The shell would get stuck and I would have to take the barrel off to get it out.

I also had problems with the trigger as it would not shoot every shell that I put in it. Out of about 25 shells 4 would not fire. I ran all kinds of shells through it, too, and it was happening with different manufacturers' shells as well as with buckshot, Target loads and slugs.

I immediately got in touch with Mossberg, and their Customer Service has been really good. They paid for me to ship the gun to them in TX, and even though it took at least a month to get it back, it now shoots incredibly well. Looks like they replaced the entire trigger assembly and polished inside. I may have had a lemon, but the good thing is Mossberg/Maverick stand behind their guns!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016