posted 47 years ago by
jess888

Not sure how valuable this is.  Thoughts?
https://rewards.americanexpress.com/myca/loyalty/us/catalog/view...

50% more Plenti points when you transfer Membership Rewards points through 12/31/2016.

750 Plenti points = 500 Membership Rewards points.

Membership Rewards points must be transferred in increments of 500.

Views
12 Comments
Add Comment
It seems like a good deal for my Amex Blue. I'll give a shot and report back.

If you have Exxon-Mobil it mght be worth it since you can use Plenti points at the pump. AFAIK Amex rewards don't give a discount on gift cards so changing to Plenti gives a nice "discount" on gas.

Just realize that when using plenty points at Exxon-Mobil, they will charge you the higher credit card price and not the cash price.

Plenti points usable at Macy's too. so this is a round-about way of getting Macy's gift card on AMEX MR points!

Also can be used at Rite Aid , 1˘/pt. Cannot be used for prescriptions or a few other items which vary by state, but the terms do not exclude gift cards (as always, ymmv whether it actually works, please let us know).

doveroftke said:   Also can be used at Rite Aid  , 1˘/pt. Cannot be used for prescriptions or a few other items which vary by state, but the terms do not exclude gift cards (as always, ymmv whether it actually works, please let us know).
  Did not work for me on eBay GC's.  NorCal.

jess888 said:   doveroftke said:   Also can be used at Rite Aid  , 1˘/pt. Cannot be used for prescriptions or a few other items which vary by state, but the terms do not exclude gift cards (as always, ymmv whether it actually works, please let us know).
  Did not work for me on eBay GC's.  NorCal.

Bummer, that was my plan. That makes Plenti points pretty useless for me, and probably most consumers who aren't already shopping at Macy's, Rite Aid , and Exxon anyway. Maybe they'll add some better redemption options by the end of the year.

I used my PLENTI card on a Mobil gas station yesterday, cashed $22.
This is first time using up Plenti points. Time to transfer 10,000 points and try it out!

Yes - this is best way to convert AMEX rewards points at 1.50 times face value to gasoline at Mobil/Exxon.

my4mainecoons said:   If you have Exxon-Mobil it mght be worth it since you can use Plenti points at the pump. AFAIK Amex rewards don't give a discount on gift cards so changing to Plenti gives a nice "discount" on gas.
  Every Exxon I try to use plenti at tell me I have 0 points, when i would have $30 in points.
They dont want to be bothered with plenti.

Exxon-Mobil gas is about 30 cents more a gallon than at Costco, in my area at least. Too bad more companies don't participate in Plenti. It's going to be a challenge to spend my $1,200-plus in Plenti points in the next 8 months.

I thought plenti point are good for 2 years from the award date.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017