For a limited time, Sprint customers can get 60 days of free Amazon Prime.

For those currently without Amazon Prime: Get 60 days free. Then billed $10.99/month
For those already with Amazon Prime: You'll get billed $10.99/month but receive a credit for 60 days in the form of a gift card on your Amazon account. Just set a reminder to cancel the monthly Prime if you want to cancel it after the 60 days is up.
Not sure if there'll be taxes or additional charges tacked on but either way, you'll still save because free + tax is cheaper than not free.

How to sign up?
Visit www.sprint.com/amazonprime, call 1 (800) SPRINT1 or go to your nearest Sprint store. After adding Prime to your Sprint account, you will get a text message from Sprint with an activation link, where you can complete the registration process. Once you have successfully activated your Prime membership, you can immediately start enjoying all the benefits of Prime. 

Can existing Prime customers take advantage of this offer?
Yes, existing Amazon Prime customers are eligible for this offer. You will be credited for the 60 days, which will appear on your Amazon account in the form of an Amazon.com Gift Card. However,if you already have Amazon Prime from Sprint for $10.99 per month, you are not eligible for this offer.

Views
17 Comments
Add Comment
Thanks so much OP! Got mine!

Will this work for those of us who got a year free from purchasing the note 5 last year?

How about RingPlus or other Sprint MVNO customers?

I changed the servide add-on online and had the prime added. But I still don't understand how it works. My Amazon email and Sprint email are different. How can I link them together?

jolapo said:   I changed the servide add-on online and had the prime added. But I still don't understand how it works. My Amazon email and Sprint email are different. How can I link them together?
  You add the service to your Sprint account, Sprint will send you a text with a link to register, click on that link and log into any Amazon account to link the two.

I'm a current Prime customer. I got my entire account balance added as a gift card. I'll have to remember to change back when the 60 days are up.

Thanks OP. Signed up.

A little confused with deal. If I am an existing Prime Member add this promotion to my Sprint Account, I will get billed $10.99 and get the same amount credited to my Amazon account in the form of a credit for the amount that I am getting billed. Isn't that a wash. Nothing to gain from this deal. ??

Chocky said:   A little confused with deal. If I am an existing Prime Member add this promotion to my Sprint Account, I will get billed $10.99 and get the same amount credited to my Amazon account in the form of a credit for the amount that I am getting billed. Isn't that a wash. Nothing to gain from this deal. ??
You pay $10.99 x 2 but get refunded $10.99 x 2 via gift card.
$21.98 - $21.98 = $0 out of pocket PLUS 2 months of full Prime membership services.

OT, I just now got the notification email from Spr int!... over 2 days after OPs post. I've always noticed this type of delayed merchant emails often with deals posted on FW, sometimes they're even longer. Grrrr.

Dang , I just left Sprint ... oh well .

Green to ya op .

Anybody have the text message activation link to share? I sent it to the wrong phone on my shared account. 

Curious to know how long this promo is good for - would like to save it for when I really do need Prime.  Thanks for posting OP.  

eiboply said:   Anybody have the text message activation link to share? I sent it to the wrong phone on my shared account. 
  It's a unique link to your account so nobody on here would be able to share it.  Can you re-request if from Sprint?

It's coming up on 60 days since this came out. Has anyone canceled yet? Or actually been charged. I tried to find where to cancel this trial, but nothing shows up in my Sprint account. There is an option to sign up for Amazon at $10.99 / month, so it looks like according to Sprint I am not signed up at all = no cancellation needed.

dealsnmoredeals said:   It's coming up on 60 days since this came out. Has anyone canceled yet? Or actually been charged. I tried to find where to cancel this trial, but nothing shows up in my Sprint account. There is an option to sign up for Amazon at $10.99 / month, so it looks like according to Sprint I am not signed up at all = no cancellation needed.

I haven't cancelled and I haven't been charged yet.  

*Bump* to remind FWers to cancel!

My 60 day free trial through Sprint was for July 7, 2016 - Monday, September 5, 2016. You're not charged yet but if you wait, good chance you'll get hit with the $10.99/mo charge and potentially taxes.

To cancel the Sprint billing
Login to your Sprint. com account >> scroll down to My devices on the main page >> select Change my services option on the right >> remove Amazon Prime add-on. It will take 1-2 hours for this to be reflected to your Sprint. com account and possibly a little longer for it to show on Amazon. com

After you cancel from Sprint, you can continue at the $10.99/month rate through Amazon with no interruption or you need to wait until the trial ends before re-signing for Prime with an annual membership. There is no way to continue at the annual rate unless you wait for it to expire first per Amazon. com customer support

I feel like they stand to make more if people were lazy and continued at the monthly rate, so they conveniently excluded the annual option. 

I chatted with a customer rep on Amazon. com and they gave me a one time $15 promo credit for my trouble good for my next Amazon. com (not 3rd party) purchase when I voiced my displeasure at Amazon for not offering the annual rate as an option to continue prime membership when coming off the Sprint deal.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017