• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I saw this Onkyo HT-S5800  on the nfm.com website at $699 and went to the store to take a look. It was marked at $479.99 instore.
Everywhere else seems to be selling it at $689-699. I haven't set it up yet so can't tell you how good it is but it does have decent reviews and for that price you can't go wrong.
Here's a link to the product on nfm.com 
SKU #: 43689405 =14pxFeatures

• Protect media quality with HDMI inputs and output
  • Subwoofer has 10" cone for powerful bass
  • Stream audio from compatible devices with Bluetooth technology
  • Surround sound Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, and DTS-HD Master Audio decoders result in quality audio
  • Rich soundscape created by Wide Range Amplifier Technology

DescriptionThe Onkyo 5.1.2-Channel Dolby Atmos Home Theater Package is an immersive experience. The 10" cone subwoofer results in booming bass tones. The Onkyo 5.1.2-Channel Dolby Atmos Home Theater Package has HDMI inputs and outputs to preserve your file quality. The Bluetooth technology allows you to stream from compatible devices. The Wide Range Amplifier Technology of the Onkyo 5.1.2-Channel Dolby Atmos Home Theater Package creates a gorgeous soundscape.

Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOVIES AND HOME THEATER, HOT DEALS. — Sep. 27, 2016 @ 4:57pm
Member Summary

Onkyo HT-S5800 (6.77kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Just FYI, this receiver only has four HDMI inputs. I've been watching the big brother (7700) for a while now.

rated:
Redbeard25 said:   Just FYI, this receiver only has four HDMI inputs. I've been watching the big brother (7700) for a while now.
That is quite a lot for an HT. Many come with just 1 or 2. If you need more, just connect the inputs directly to the TV and use the ARC of the TV HDMI-in for audio out from those sources. 

rated:
amhidogha said:   
Redbeard25 said:   Just FYI, this receiver only has four HDMI inputs. I've been watching the big brother (7700) for a while now.
That is quite a lot for an HT. Many come with just 1 or 2. If you need more, just connect the inputs directly to the TV and use the ARC of the TV HDMI-in for audio out from those sources. 

Agreed... it just depends on your needs. The 7700 model has seven inputs and two HDMI out, which is quite a bump up.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016