• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Prime Day 2016 is live right now!

Similar to last year, we expect Amazon†'s competing merchants to offer up sales of their own. In 2015 several stores ran sales during the week of Prime Day. We also saw percentage-off sitewide discounts and free shipping no minimum from smaller stores. Click here to see last year's competitor sales.†

Here are the competing sales so far:

WalMart†: Dare to Compare Sale†+ Free Shipping No Minimum

Kohl's†: Beat the Heat Buys +†20% Off†w/ code "QUICKQUICK"

JCPenney†Penney Palooza Sale - Extra 25% Off + Free Shipping on $49+

Newegg Fantastech Sale

Dell†- Black Friday in July

Macy's†: Black Friday in July w/ Doorbusters + Extra 25% Off w/ code "BFJULY"

Toys R Us†: Super Brands Sale†+ 15% Off Regular Prices Sitewide

Forever 21†: Black Friday in July Sale†- Up to 70% Off + Free Shipping on $50+

Bon-Ton†: Up to 75% Off Digital Deals

Woot! -- WootPrimo / PrimoDay

eBay†: "Exclusively for Everyone†Sale (looks like more of their usual daily deals)

Rakuten†- 10% back in Rakuten†Super Points with coupon code "10BACK" sitewide

Aeropostale -†60% Off Prime Time Sale†+ Free Shipping Sitewide w/ Code "HAPPY"

kate spade†-†Extra 25% OffSale Items†w/ coupon code "PRIMETIME" + Free Shipping

QVC Easy Pay Day

Home Depot - Up to 35% Off Appliance Special Buys

Lowe's†- Up to 35% Off Appliances $396 or More

American Eagle†- 24% Off + Free Shipping on New Arrivals†w/ code "TAKE24"

buydigNo Prime No Problem Sale

Microsoft Store One Day Sale†+ Free Expedited Shipping

Charlotte Russe BOGO $5 Shoesday Tuesday Sale

Up to 50% OffBethesda†@ Greenman Gaming

P.C. Richard & Son Nobody Beats Free Sale

Hotels.com Christmas in July Sale†- Up to 40% Off + Extra 10% Off Select Hotels w/ Code "SAVE10JUL"

Gypsy Warrior Black Friday in July Sale†: Extra 25% Off Sitewide w/ code "BLACKFRIDAYJULY"

Shoebuy†:†25% OffSitewide†+ Free Shipping with coupon code "PRIME25"†

Clarks†: 2 Pairs for $99 + Extra 30% Off + Free Shipping†w/ Code "CS30TVX4"

Sam's Club One-Day Tech Sale

Wilson's Leather -†70% Off†Sitewide + Free Shipping†w/ Code "PRIME"

eBags†- 20% Off Purchase + 20% Back in Points w/ Coupon Code "REWARDS"

Expedia Christmas in July Sale†: $100 off $350+ Hotels or $100 off $500+ Flight + Hotel Packages

New York & Company Prime Time Sale†

If you want to post Hot Deals quickly, Fatwallet To Go is your new best friend. Click here†to add it to either your Chrome or Firefox browser.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
However WalMart charges me State & City Sales tax, Amazon does not - but I can get the stuff from the WalMart store immediately, Amazon takes 2 days.† 6 of one, half a dozen of the other

rated:
240crown said:   However WalMart†charges me State & City Sales tax, Amazon†does not - but I can get the stuff from the WalMart†store immediately, Amazon†takes 2 days.† 6 of one, half a dozen of the other
FWIW, in 28 states, Amazon does charge sales tax. And WalMarts stock some products, but WalMart.com offers a lot of products that aren't always in stock, and require shipping. So more 6 of one, half a dozen of the other...

rated:
Your state does not charge Use Tax?

rated:
glockophile said:   Your state does not charge Use Tax?
† Absolutely no tax on Amazon†items shipped to MO, but you pay hundreds of tax dollars just for owning a vehicle every year on Jan 1st.† Makes no sense or is that cents.

rated:
jschuman said:   
† Absolutely no tax on Amazon†items shipped to MO, but you pay hundreds of tax dollars just for owning a vehicle every year on Jan 1st.† Makes no sense or is that cents.

Amazon doesn't collect the tax for you, but you are still required to pay the tax.

http://dor.mo.gov/personal/consumer/

rated:
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
jschuman said:   

Amazon†doesn't collect the tax for you, but you are still required to pay the tax.

LOL! †Who pays that! †Maybe your grandma...
http://dor.mo.gov/personal/consumer/††

††

rated:
Great thread

rated:
https://www.internetretailer.com/2016/07/07/jc-penney-kohls-put-their-own-spin-prime-day-hoopla (InternetRetailer post)

"J.C. Penney will run a sale dubbed ďPenney Palooza.Ē The sale will run Monday through Tuesday, with the Tuesday portion of the sale coinciding with Prime Day."

"Kohlís will be running a string of daily deals from Sunday through Thursday of next week online and in store focusing on products in the active apparel, footwear, summer essentials and home categories."

rated:
Looks like Newegg is trying to enter the mix with their "Fantastech Sale".

FP Post: https://www.facebook.com/Newegg/photos/a.116040769167.96667.5585759167/10154333533774168/?type=3&theater

Some of our best deals of the year will be unleashed...
Set your alarms for Mon, 7/11 at 10 AM PT & bookmark it now >> http://ow.ly/Sxlk301Z6XT

rated:
Thanks guys!!

Also of note in that Internet Retailer thread -- Target & Jet said they wouldn't be participating.

rated:
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
jschuman said:   

Amazon†doesn't collect the tax for you, but you are still required to pay the tax.

http://dor.mo.gov/personal/consumer/††

† Oh, good, I am only at $1999.99 . Guess I'm done shopping!

"A purchaser must file a consumerís use tax return if the cumulative purchases subject to use tax exceed $2,000 in a calendar year. The $2,000 filing threshold is not an exemption or exclusion. Once you have accumulated $2,000 in taxable purchases in a calendar year, you must pay tax on all your purchases subject to consumerís use tax. Compute consumerís use tax based on the purchase price of the goods."

rated:
st4rdust said:   Prime Day 2016 is just around the corner! It starts at midnight PT on July 12th.†

Similar to last year, we expect Amazon†'s competing merchants to offer up sales of their own. In 2015 several stores ran sales during the week of Prime Day. We also saw percentage-off sitewide discounts and free shipping no minimum from smaller stores. Click here to see last year's competitor sales.†

Here are the competing sales so far:

WalMart†: Dare to Compare Sale†+ Free 30-Day ShippingPass Trial†(ShippingPass gets you free shipping no minimum on thousands of items)

Kohl's†will be participating Sunday - Thursday --- "products in the active apparel, footwear, summer essentials and home categories"†

JCPenney†Penney Palooza Sale Monday & Tuesday -- No deal details yet, but they're dropping their free shipping threshold from $99 to $49†

Newegg Fantastech Sale†: 10AM PT July 11th

Jet & Targetwill not be participating

† I'm having trouble with last years competitor sales

rated:
Best Buy

20% off all video games

for 2 years when you join the Best Buy Gamers Club

rated:
I love WalMart.†If I had to compare apples to apples, considering all things same for a item in Amazon†and WalMart,†I would choose WalMart†any day.

Reasons:
Returns - If I had to return, just in case, just walk in. No questions asked. While in Amazon,†sometimes, I have to pay return shipping. Probably it's not even worth to return $5 items on Amazon,†but WalMart†its easy.

For whatever I buy, most of the time I see, prices are better in WalMart†if not same.

Now for Amazon,†I expect prices to be a lot less than other B&M stores because its a online store. Probably it has less operating expenses as a company, less compliance and insurance issues, less employees and less families to feed.

Sorry to TC but couldn't resist.

rated:
damirmatisic said:   † I'm having trouble with last years competitor sales
††
Is the link breaking for you? Note that last year's sales are just for reference as they are expired now

rated:
I don't know how people can stomach going to Wally World seeing how they mistreat their employees and constantly being sued (class-action wise) for violations.

rated:

rated:
personally i buy more things from Amazon, maybe i first came to Amazon.

rated:
st4rdust said:   Interesting Tweet from eBay†: https://twitter.com/eBayDeals/status/752593783523463168
† I hope I'm 3 hours early

rated:
Oh my god. †JCPenney.com is so unbelievably painful to place an order on.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016