Avatar
posted 2 months ago by
ragingwookiee
Senior Member - 9K

Posted with ToGo


6718 Views
51 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOVIES AND HOME THEATER, HOT DEALS. — Sep. 26, 2016 @ 5:22am
rated:
AMC gift cards work as well as CC .. don't use ur points - adds to your STUBS balance if u are a stubs member already, and you may be able to do it 2 different times..

rated:
how about renewals?

and where does it say 2 years?

edit: nevermind. just renewed, and it renewed for 2 years

rated:
This is a no-brainer, thanks RW!
So is this on new memberships or will it work for existing Stubs?

Also wondering how this will impact the upcoming revamp to the Stubs program...

rated:
nortotron said:   how about renewals?

and where does it say 2 years?

edit: nevermind. just renewed, and it renewed for 2 years

  Did you just cross your fingers and check out?  In the cart it doesn't say for me how long.

rated:
My renewal worked for 2 years as well. Thanks nortotron and OP.

rated:
NM, it works without issues.

rated:
cyfan said:   
nortotron said:   how about renewals?

and where does it say 2 years?

edit: nevermind. just renewed, and it renewed for 2 years

  Did you just cross your fingers and check out?  In the cart it doesn't say for me how long.

  
It is not like me, but this time I did, and it worked. My membership was expiring and I would have renewed anyway, was waiting for $10 or $8 deal, so gave it a try...

rated:
Renewed like 3 weeks ago...

Note that new program is coming. There'll be a free program and a premium one. Current stubs will automatically get the premium.

rated:
~~The new premiere will cost $15 per year so this is a very good deal.

rated:
It worked - extended my membership by 2 years. Thanks OP!

rated:
I see $18 now and no mention of 2 years

rated:
I signed up for $12 but it errors when I try to link the stubs to my AMC account. Hopefully it works by the morning because 5 of us are going to AMC.

rated:
I think the deal is dead. It won't let me link to my existing AMC account.

rated:
Not sure why people are trying to link to account. You could have used the same account and renewed.

rated:
DistalPistol said:   I signed up for $12 but it errors when I try to link the stubs to my AMC account. Hopefully it works by the morning because 5 of us are going to AMC.
  
You don't need account, just stubs number to get the benefits. Even if you are purchasing tickets online, stubs number is enough.

If you want a temporary card, use stocard app on your mobile and add your stub number.

rated:
nortotron said:   Not sure why people are trying to link to account. You could have used the same account and renewed.
  I did not have an account, it made me make one

rated:
nortotron said:   
DistalPistol said:   I signed up for $12 but it errors when I try to link the stubs to my AMC account. Hopefully it works by the morning because 5 of us are going to AMC.
  
You don't need account, just stubs number to get the benefits. Even if you are purchasing tickets online, stubs number is enough.

If you want a temporary card, use stocard app on your mobile and add your stub number.

  I didn't mean an AMC account. I was linking to my AMC Stubs account, but it just said the number is invalid or already existed.

rated:
Thanks! Just renewed for $12 and it's through July 31, 2018.

rated:
Azurik said:   
nortotron said:   
DistalPistol said:   I signed up for $12 but it errors when I try to link the stubs to my AMC account. Hopefully it works by the morning because 5 of us are going to AMC.
  
You don't need account, just stubs number to get the benefits. Even if you are purchasing tickets online, stubs number is enough.

If you want a temporary card, use stocard app on your mobile and add your stub number.

  I didn't mean an AMC account. I was linking to my AMC Stubs account, but it just said the number is invalid or already existed.

What a mess of a website. So here's how I got around this issue:

Go to the website normally and login to your account. Exit the page and click the link here. It will bring redirect you to the home page. Go to your Stubs account management and choose the renew for 1 year option for $12. It will automatically renew for 2 years instead.

rated:
I just renewed for $12 and got two years. Expiration 7/31/2018.

rated:
Thanks!

rated:
jkanownik said:   I just renewed for $12 and got two years. Expiration 7/31/2018.
  Bizarre! I just renewed and paid $12 and membership renewed only for 1 year (until 02/18) as my membership was expiring 02/17 . Oh well, paid 2 dollars extra ...
 

rated:
i just joined stubs about a month ago for their $12 minus $5 promo.. I just renewed using the link above and now membership is extended til 6/29/2020.

I forgot to check what the previous expiration date is.. does anyone know if this 2-yr offer worked for me?  somehow I got 4-year for $19 net total in the last month..

rated:
Took leap of faith on renewal and it went from 3/13/2017 to 3/31/2019 expiration. Thanks OP!

rated:
Just renewed and only got 1 year... WTF?

rated:
joedaddy123 said:   i just joined stubs about a month ago for their $12 minus $5 promo.. I just renewed using the link above and now membership is extended til 6/29/2020.

I forgot to check what the previous expiration date is.. does anyone know if this 2-yr offer worked for me?  somehow I got 4-year for $19 net total in the last month..

  I renewed recently with the same promo and just did it again now but only good till 8/2018

rated:
Likewise. I didn't see anything indicating that it would be a 2-year renewal, but my expiration date went from 2017 to 2019.

rated:
Where can you see your expiration date on your account page? I can't seem to find it. Thanks!

rated:
edick said:   Where can you see your expiration date on your account page? I can't seem to find it. Thanks!
  Sorry for the premature email. It is on the page with your temporary card. 

rated:
 I couldn't link the stubs with my AMC account last night , and now I can't even log into my AMC account (which I created last night to buy this deal). I have no idea how long it is good for and I just have an account number that I hope works.

rated:
I had renewed previously for the $5 promo, and I just renewed now again. It only added one year to my membership.

rated:
If you renewed recently, during the promo period, call AMC at  877-262-4450 and they will extend your membership the extra year. Thanks OP for sharing this promo with us!  

rated:
i got my 2 years, good until 4/2019.ty.

rated:
Didn't work, only one year what a waste.

rated:
caveat said:   If you renewed recently, during the promo period, call AMC at  877-262-4450 and they will extend your membership the extra year. Thanks OP for sharing this promo with us!  
  That's what I thought... I just renewed last month on the $5 promo and my current expire is May 2018.  I thought is should be 2017, but I think I did a normal/full-price renew in March, so that makes sense. So if I renew again now, it should set my expire to July 2020, right?  

EDIT:  Just worked for me!  
$29 for 4 years of Stubs Premiere at $7/yr (reg. $15/yr)... awesome deal!

Steps I followed:
1. Open a new tab and go to www.amctheatres.com (not the link above)
2. Log in to Stubs and click on "print a temp stubs card" to see your current expire date
3. Close your browser or tab for that page
4. Come back here and click on the link in the OP above
5. Click on renew membership (it will never tell you it's for 1 year or 2)
6. After checkout, go back to "print a temp stubs card" and see your new expire date

If you only got 1 year for some reason, call the 800 # above and explain.  They should give it to you.

rated:
washerebefore said:   AMC gift cards work as well as CC .. don't use ur points - adds to your STUBS balance if u are a stubs member already, and you may be able to do it 2 different times..
  This definitely works.  Got 4 years for $7 by using a gift card and CC.

rated:
I submitted 2 separate renewals for a total of 4 years, good until 3/2021. Thanks!

rated:
I just did this and got 2 more years added to my membership for the price of 1 year.

Keep in mind that in many cities AMC is trying out FREE Stubs membership and then $12 for premiere membership. You have to decide what you need.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016