• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Does it have BAND 12 for T-Mobile?

Can't see the full page

markchrisee said:   Can't see the full page
  Same here

When the BB Page comes up ... type "Zmax" into the search box. SMH

It is stuck on lollipop...

REgarding 5.x vs 6.0x, I didn't keep the link, but "the internet sez" that ZTE will update it, but that you should keep the (unactivated) ATT goSim card to get that software update.

Can't see the full page

I received my ZMax2 yesterday. Good thing I opened the phone and saw that the AT&T sim was already in the slot!!

I wonder if someone inadvertently powers it up with that sim in it, does it get activated on AT&T?

I received my ZMax2 yesterday. Good thing I opened the phone and saw that the AT&T sim was already in the slot!! 

I wonder if someone inadvertently powers it up with that sim in it, does it get activated on AT&T?

Yes, it does


How to unlock this phone:
1. Do not turn the phone on, don't even open the box.
2. Go to this web site: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/?#/
3. Check I have read and agree to the eligibility requirements to unlock my device.
4. This is super important, check Non-AT&T Mobility Customer
5. Fill out the form, including the IMEI number which is located on the Box
6. Submit
7. You will be sent an email with a link to confirm
8. Open your email and confirm
9. Anywhere from 1 hour to 48 hours you will be given an unlock code. It took 29 hours for me to receive mine.
10. Open up the box, put in your SIM from your Carrier and turn it on.
11. You will be prompted for the unlock code
12. Put it in and continue.

Using mine with Freedompop's free service, works good.

this big joker got band 12?

Band 12 yes. Can also be used on cricket to ATT MVNOs. Good phone for the money only lacks NFC. Supports GSM and 2100 MHz 3G overseas if you unlock it.

Does anyone know if the phone was successfully unlocked, will it be locked again if you do a factory reset? It seems to say it only deletes personal data.  Thanks for any help offered.

noknot said:   Does anyone know if the phone was successfully unlocked, will it be locked again if you do a factory reset? It seems to say it only deletes personal data.  Thanks for any help offered.
  No, once unlocked it's yours.

noknot said:   Does anyone know if the phone was successfully unlocked, will it be locked again if you do a factory reset? It seems to say it only deletes personal data.  Thanks for any help offered.
  Phones will not re-lock after a factory reset.   Perhaps they can be, when receiving firmware upgrade, but the carrier would have to decide to do this, which is unlikely since it would re-lock all the phones.  Including those that were legitimately previously unlocked.  The carrier would have to deal with a lot of customer backlash and perhaps FCC issues if they pushed out that firmware upgrade.   

 

The ZMax 2 is still on sale. Good price for a backup phone.

AT&T today announced that its GoPhone prepaid customers can buy one eligible phone and receive a second for free. The buy one, get one deal goes into effect July 22 and includes phones such as the Samsung Galaxy Express Prime or LG Phoenix 2. The handsets must each cost at least $59.99 in order to be eligible for the buy one, get one deal. Customers must activate both devices on either the $45 or $60 monthly GoPhone plan. The promotion runs through September 22. GoPhone does not require credit checks or contracts.

I got the unlock code this morning. Was very simple to do! Now I have a good backup phone.

NotYourMomma said:   How to unlock this phone:
1. Do not turn the phone on, don't even open the box.
2. Go to this web site: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/?#/ 
3. Check I have read and agree to the eligibility requirements to unlock my device.
4. This is super important, check Non-AT&T Mobility Customer
5. Fill out the form, including the IMEI number which is located on the Box
6. Submit
7. You will be sent an email with a link to confirm
8. Open your email and confirm
9. Anywhere from 1 hour to 48 hours you will be given an unlock code. It took 29 hours for me to receive mine.
10. Open up the box, put in your SIM from your Carrier and turn it on.
11. You will be prompted for the unlock code
12. Put it in and continue.

Using mine with Freedompop 's free service, works good.

  I already used it on my existing AT&T service, do I still use this method to unlock it or another way?

SteelRing said:   
NotYourMomma said:   How to unlock this phone:
1. Do not turn the phone on, don't even open the box.
2. Go to this web site: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/?#/ 
3. Check I have read and agree to the eligibility requirements to unlock my device.
4. This is super important, check Non-AT&T Mobility Customer
5. Fill out the form, including the IMEI number which is located on the Box
6. Submit
7. You will be sent an email with a link to confirm
8. Open your email and confirm
9. Anywhere from 1 hour to 48 hours you will be given an unlock code. It took 29 hours for me to receive mine.
10. Open up the box, put in your SIM from your Carrier and turn it on.
11. You will be prompted for the unlock code
12. Put it in and continue.

Using mine with Freedompop 's free service, works good.

  I already used it on my existing AT&T service, do I still use this method to unlock it or another way?

  You now wait six months.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016